NSC to push for setting up of central personal identity database

webfact

NSC to push for setting up of central personal identity database

dbebkkjafdehaidif8hkb.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 3 May 2018 (NNT) - The National Security Council (NSC) will push for the setting up of a central personal identity database accessible to certain government agencies. 

Deputy Prime Minister/Defense Minister Prawit Wongsuwan chaired a meeting of a committee on the integration of security databases at the NSC Office. 

The meeting endorsed a planned Prime Minister's order for the management of personal identification data at national level, instructing the NSC to propose it to the cabinet. 

The order was drafted from the Prime Minister's initiative to integrate agencies in charge of collecting and managing personal identification data, such as fingerprints, DNA, facial features, and iris scans, in order to create a central database from which responsible agencies can securely access, helping maximize the performance of personal targeting and to help with criminal and labour case processing. 

Defense Ministry Spokesman Lt Gen Kongcheep Tantravanich revealed Prawit instructed all related agencies to collect and deliver personal identification data to the NSC in order to be collected in a central database, a process which is expected to be complete within two years. Agencies responsible for personal identification data collection in southern border provinces are also instructed to provide data to the Internal Security Operations Command as per request. 

Agencies planning to exchange data are also instructed to establish an agreement between each other accordingly to facilitate the process. 

The establishment of the central personal identification database will help reduce redundancy in personal identification verification, requiring only one verification process, and will help facilitate transactions which require identity verification as a security measure. It will also help prevent fraudulent scams involving fake IDs, illegal transactions, and help with the suppression of international crimes.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-05-03
  • Sad 1

Micro chip insertion could be next!

Track your every movement from the toilet to the bed, every breath taken and so on.

What a great life we all have to look forward to...

Big brother!

It makes me feel very sad to witness how humans cannot seemingly get along, as one, by protecting the only home humans have, planet Earth, which we all live on.

Humans, which includes myself, are very destructive, and greedy, living organisms.

Sad...

• Like 2

Why not items of clothing ,underpants and knickers would be good,

kept in airtight jars,just like theE.German Starzi did,that's the way it

seems to be  going here. Shit if the powers that be read

this post,that will be their next big idea.

regards worgeordie

6 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

First, it won't be secure and will be hacked. Might not need to be hacked knowing the stupidity here. 

Second, if they start collecting fingerprints and DNA from expats I am out of here and I am sure many others will feel the same.

No way am I entrusting the thoroughly corrupt agencies that pass for authority in this country with that sort of personal information.

It is bad enough when they post names, addresses, DOB and passport numbers of foreigners online for anyone to access, this sort of stuff takes it to another level.

I'm sure you will be sorely missed should you take such a step

Edited by Expatthailover