What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Fresh of the Boat started rather boring. But I will give it another chance, nevertheless (because the guy who played Kim Jong Un is in it and because the scene at the Chinese market was rather funny). I do not expect much, though.

• Like 1

I liked Gone Girl too, but HATED the ending - although it was fun getting there! I really did not have problem with Neil Patrick Harris playing a straight guy though.

Sorry but against my better judgement (I have Ben Affleck in the same acting league as Keanu Reeves), I wasted 2 & 1/2 hours of my life watching this drivel tonight... Who do I sue???

Son of a Gun.

Another Aussie movie shot in my home state of Western Australia.

Starring Ewan McGregor.
I liked this one. It's not great but not bad either. I would rate it a solid 7.

IMDB: JR busts out of prison with Brendan Lynch, Australia's most notorious criminal,
and joins Lynch's gang for a gold heist that soon pits the two men against one another.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2452200/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Like 2

Rise:

Another Aussie movie which is quite good.
I liked it a fair bit more than the IMDB score of 5.2
Thought Martin Sacks was superb.

Based on a true story.

IMDB: Will McIntyre, a young nurse has his life thrown in turmoil after a one-night stand lands
him in a maximum security prison from a false allegation of rape and drink spiking. Will must
survive prison life and the infamous Jimmy Cove while awaiting his appeal.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3213622/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

• Like 1

This may be the wrong forum for this question, and if so I apologize.

I subscribe to True Vision Platinum and often see advertisements for the Sony Channel. I don't seem to have that channel. What do I need to do to get it?

Thanks.

You should ask the mods to move this to the Internet and Computer forum.

A quick look here and I don't see it.

http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/channellineup_web/1

I subscribe to True Vision Platinum and often see advertisements for the Sony Channel. I don't seem to have that channel. What do I need to do to get it?

Thanks.

Thank you. Perhaps I will just repost there.

• Like 1

Thanks.

FWIW, the Sony Channel really isn't all that great, I have it - through CTH - and you can basically find all of the same shows on Fox or AXN which is might where you have seen the ad for it, the signal is piggy backed out of Singapore (I believe) and there's probably some blurry print that says "not available in all areas" or something to that effect...

The only thing I find better about the Sony Channel, is the sound quality is better but that's probably due to the quality (or lackthereof) of CTH...

• Like 2

Has anyone mentioned "Count Arthur Strong" one of the funniest sitcoms on UK TV at the moment

Sorry ,was that meant to be funny ? God it was awfull about as funny as zzzzzzz oh sorry i fell asleepsmile.png dont take it to seriously ,its only me thumbsup.gif

Edited by i claudius
  • Like 1

Has anyone mentioned "Count Arthur Strong" one of the funniest sitcoms on UK TV at the moment

Sorry ,was that meant to be funny ? God it was awfull about as funny as zzzzzzz oh sorry i fell asleepsmile.png dont take it to seriously ,its only me thumbsup.gif

Its ok, you had to have been there, probably not the best example lol

• Like 1

Just finished the first saeson of TYRANT. Not bad. Takes place in a modern made up middle eastern country. One of the President for lifes self exiled son returns from the USA with his family.

From Bravo . Second season on the way.

• Like 2

Started Season 3 of 'Elementary'.

It seems a bit dry for my taste but I watch it anyway, though I think this 3rd season is not as good as seasons 1 & 2.

Death in Paradise season 4. Definitely a bit wacky. Fun and lighthearted entertainment.

Homeland series 4 being watched now too. I quite like that though it could have more meat on the bones in terms of sex, blood and violence.

• Like 2

Downton Abbey. My sister brought me the whole boxed set of there series. I cant put it down and am on course to have watched the entire 20 hours over 3 daysbiggrin.png . An intense injection of English culture, superbly crafted.

tbh ive loved it until.fairly recently when i've.found the story. a touch tired.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

the latest..and last.i belief series of jusrified. is bubbling along very nicely showing that it has every intention of going out with a bang.

though i'm beginning to find the scripting esp elephants :rolleyes::wub:a touch smart but really thats nit picking ,,,, ish.

• Like 1

Watching Wolf Hall at the moment superb , this is what the BBC was made for ,shame that it has fallen so far in such a short time.

yep the yanks in hbo and starz ect ect are certainly giving the bbc

a run for their money, but no one quite does our history or period dramas like our good old bbc. 'god :ph34r:blessem and long may they continue to perform.

Edited by rijit

Rise:

Based on a true story.

IMDB: Will McIntyre, a young nurse has his life thrown in turmoil after a one-night stand lands

him in a maximum security prison from a false allegation of rape and drink spiking. Will must

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3213622/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I am a big fan of prison films like this, but I thought the IMDB rating was not far off. One problem for me, is that I did not understand the accents and slang to the point that I was not completely clear what was going on some of the time. The characters and situations did not seem believable either, but maybe the Aussie prison culture is responsible for that. I still would have wanted to watch it because I like the genre, but I thought it was a weak effort.

This is one that I liked better:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0204137/

It was originally a book by Edward Bunker who served many years in hard-core penitentiaries and has published a number of books on crime, criminals and doing time.

http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Factory-Novel-Edward-Bunker/dp/0312267118

Edited by Ulysses G.

Rise:

Based on a true story.

I am a big fan of prison films like this, but I thought the IMDB rating was not far off. One problem for me, is that I did not understand the accents and slang to the point that I was not completely clear what was going on some of the time. The characters and situations did not seem believable either, but maybe the Aussie prison culture is responsible for that. I still would have wanted to watch it because I like the genre, but I thought it was a weak effort.

This is one that I liked better:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0204137/

It was originally a book by Edward Bunker who served many years in hard-core penitentiaries and has published a number of books on crime, criminals and doing time.

Yep, I liked Animal factory as well.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Rise.

It is very possible that my problem with it comes from being American. As I said, I had trouble understanding the situations completely and the characters might have been more realistic to someone more familiar with Australian criminals than I am.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

Just watched the new series of midsomer murders ,I remember that there were complaints that it was to white with no ethnic characters, so this series there are lots of interracial marriages and plenty of black people in the villages ,and of course we all know that English villages have so many ethnics living in them

So much left wing PC crap on tv these days,but the series. Itself is still good

• Like 2