What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Prison Break was great in it's day way back then. as was 24 and Dexter. I loved them all.

We seem to discuss more up to date films and series here.

DCI Banks - first episode of Series 5 tonight was great. And i can't wave my hands in the air too much for Indian Summers.

Oh, and Season 14 of <deleted> Gordon Ramsay's Hells Kitchen has opened it's doors!!

yeah indian summers has so.far, been disapointing.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Regarding Indian Summers I agree with Patsycat. First I thought this is Downton Abbey in colonial India. For the first half of the first episode I only stayed with it because the filming and the scenery were so great, I mean big-screen-cinema-worthy great. I became more invested after a certain scene ("Hm. Lucky girl. Wash your hands before dinner!"). Obviously, this isn't the BBC but Channel 4. Still, hints of sex and violence are shown only very moderately, but I think the whole story is a bit nastier and more exiting than in Downton Abbey. After three episodes I find it rather enjoyable and I hope for a final deadly clash of all characters. smile.png

yeah , but i havnt warmed to any of the characters yet and the story no matter what seems to happen hasnt gripped me, it just all seems a touch flat, scenery is nice but the cinematography aint that great,

I just like the scenery and the outfits. And Julie Walters, always!!

Next weekend on UK TV shall be Comic Relief. So some funny sketches shall come out and put your paws in your pockets. They are trying for the Billion of pounds this year, after thirty years of doing this charity show, they should have it, and deserve it.

I know i have sent a bit. And i am not rich like you lot.

• Like 1

Just finished a 3 parter,by j k Rowling the casual vacancy,about an English village,don't expect Harry Potter, terrific acting and not in any way "nice," but great from beginning to the end

Nice one. Just finished it. Not bad. I vaguely remember that Rowling wanted to continue writing after HP. If that is what comes out of it, I will not complain (although, some critics seem to have noted that the story is a better drama than a book). Next on Channel 4's menu: "Poldark", let's see what that is about...

• Like 1

So , finally managed to watch 'tangerines' , twas a difficult one to stream,, anyway Imo an excellent film, , a simple war story poignantly told. a winner on all counts,discounting the subtitlescrazy.gif , anyway direction acting cinematography, plot, script all top of the pops!!!!! Hollywood look and learn, film aint all about names or glitzy actors attracting dumb arsed star struck punters or budget ect ect, its simply story telling , and this film IMO is that at its best .wai2.gif

I am still waiting for a good version without korean subtitles of Fifty Shades of Grey. nothing on "jonny depp" (get it? - pirates) or anywhere else. After months and months and reading the books.. i want to see a proper version of it.

Fortitude still drags on, i see. I thought it died with episode 7. What are they going to doo, find the mammoth that killed the men and made them all crazy...

Blacklist - now how really patsy jump in the air good is that getting. I make coffee in the morning and then look what i can download and on a certain day there it is. Woops.

Keep with Indian Summers, i think it may become interesting.

Still gotta watch Whiplash. Which i have heard is great. Hope it's better than that dross Birdman. I actually fell asleep three times trying to watch it, gave up.

If you go on yoo toob there are a couple of TV series called Wanted in Paradise concerning Thailand which you may like. About people looking to move there. Some of you may have been filmed!!

I am still waiting for a good version without korean subtitles of Fifty Shades of Grey. nothing on "jonny depp" (get it? - pirates) or anywhere else. After months and months and reading the books.. i want to see a proper version of it.

Fortitude still drags on, i see. I thought it died with episode 7. What are they going to doo, find the mammoth that killed the men and made them all crazy...

Blacklist - now how really patsy jump in the air good is that getting. I make coffee in the morning and then look what i can download and on a certain day there it is. Woops.

Keep with Indian Summers, i think it may become interesting.

Still gotta watch Whiplash. Which i have heard is great. Hope it's better than that dross Birdman. I actually fell asleep three times trying to watch it, gave up.

If you go on yoo toob there are a couple of TV series called Wanted in Paradise concerning Thailand which you may like. About people looking to move there. Some of you may have been filmed!!

tbh , from what i've read an heard the film 50 shades is a piece of crap , but each to their own, anyway, havnt tried the downloads, it aint glitzy but you normally can find any film or show you want on here b4 the other likely lads get it up and running http://www.alluc.com/

I don't often go serious with you guys, but please download India's Daughter. It is a BBC documentary about how women are treated in India etc. It blew my mind and alot of my male friends too just could not relate with it.

You shall be shocked, i am not promoting this vid for anything, just found it on the internet.

But i feel the more people that watch it the more shall be informed and then can be safe.

• Like 2

To be honest it absolutely disgusted me and upset me to tears. Which is what documentaries should do.

That one, has just lowered my thinking of humanity.

I doubt India is much different than most 3rd world or developing countries with regards to this. I remember traveling in China and staying in a 4th floor walk up room. The owner just yelled at his wife to carry our bags. I felt bad, so carried my own. He just laughed at me. The world has a long way to go in so many areas....

• Like 1

A number of posts and replies in violation of the following have been removed:

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Wow, people did that on a what movies are you watching thread?........Amazing.

• Like 2

This thread is not normally like that. It's usually fantastic but every now and again

a peanut drops in.

This thread is not normally like that. It's usually fantastic but every now and again

a peanut drops in.

Fantastic, indeed! 149 pages, but who is counting?

Besides, "who wants to throw the first stone" an' all. I certainly don't.whistling.gif

• Like 2

"Unfinished Business"

Comedy drama out now in the US. Soon at a cinema near you in Thailand.

This movie took marketing/promo to a new.. Err.. Level the other day. Releasing a set of 6 (I think) 'stock' photos of the characters in various 'stock' business poses and are all free to download and use as intended.

I did take a gander, but &lt;deleted&gt; me, you've got to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel to want to use a picture of Dave Franco for.. Well... Anything... Yes, he's just as bad (if not more irritating) as his older brother...

• Like 2

I don't often go serious with you guys, but please download India's Daughter. It is a BBC documentary about how women are treated in India etc. It blew my mind and alot of my male friends too just could not relate with it.

You shall be shocked, i am not promoting this vid for anything, just found it on the internet.

But i feel the more people that watch it the more shall be informed and then can be safe.

yep.watched it today, i wont tell you what its about as seems to be the village or should i say out back idiots habit on here !!! cos thats taking a touch of fun away in the watching of it. i'll just give you my opinion that it was shocking and imo , a must watch

suffice to say india has banned it and it re affirmed all i know about indian culture. also watched and again was disapointed with ' the black flag'

House of Cards, Season 3

Just finished watching all 13 episodes. I have seen the whole series from the beginning, and what began as a serio-comic look at hardball Washington politics, has become a descent into irreversible darkness, cynicism, and despair. I think they made the last episode as a possible farewell to the series, and if so, that's a good thing.

The acting has been superb by every cast member, but the dark side has taken over. It's time for Mr Spacey to devote his considerable talent to a more worthy project.

"Unfinished Business"

Comedy drama out now in the US. Soon at a cinema near you in Thailand.

This movie took marketing/promo to a new.. Err.. Level the other day. Releasing a set of 6 (I think) 'stock' photos of the characters in various 'stock' business poses and are all free to download and use as intended.

I did take a gander, but <deleted> me, you've got to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel to want to use a picture of Dave Franco for.. Well... Anything... Yes, he's just as bad (if not more irritating) as his older brother...

stock in fotography/ film terms means not taken for that specific job but pics taken/ bought from the 'stock' of a library or agency. and nice one about letting us know u think house of cards finish's this season, i'll bear that in mind as i watch the rest of the series !! :)

Edited by rijit

House of Cards, Season 3

Just finished watching all 13 episodes. I have seen the whole series from the beginning, and what began as a serio-comic look at hardball Washington politics, has become a descent into irreversible darkness, cynicism, and despair. I think they made the last episode as a possible farewell to the series, and if so, that's a good thing.

The acting has been superb by every cast member, but the dark side has taken over. It's time for Mr Spacey to devote his considerable talent to a more worthy project.

The show seems to be a huge success for Netflix. That alone is probably reason enough to think that they will continue the show. Additionally, they made two seasons out of the first part of the British original. So, I guess the second part ("To Play the King") will also have two seasons (BTW: so far it is only very loosely based on the original). And if that is received as positively as the first two seasons, they might also "redo" the third part of the British original ("The Final Cut") and close the whole thing down with a decent ending and without any cliffhangers.

My prediction: three more seasons, which would mean that Mr. Spacey will not be available for other projects for quite some time.smile.png

• Like 1

House of Cards, Season 3

The show seems to be a huge success for Netflix. That alone is probably reason enough to think that they will continue the show. Additionally, they made two seasons out of the first part of the British original. So, I guess the second part ("To Play the King") will also have two seasons (BTW: so far it is only very loosely based on the original). And if that is received as positively as the first two seasons, they might also "redo" the third part of the British original ("The Final Cut") and close the whole thing down with a decent ending and without any cliffhangers.

My prediction: three more seasons, which would mean that Mr. Spacey will not be available for other projects for quite some time.smile.png

I agree. A very big winner for Netflix. And a cliffhanger. A Season 4 has guaranteed viewership. Like chopping down the money tree not to produce it. Even if Spacey or Robin Wright failed to return for another season, I still think they might do a Season 4 (and have no trouble finding a big name replacement). The third season isn't without its critics to be sure, but I just can imagine Netflix not wanting to keep the ball rolling.

Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 1

After four episodes of The Slap I am facing the same effect, that "The Affair" had on me: although both shows are utterly boring I cannot stop watching. I must know what is happening next, which is mainly...nothing. I think "The Affair" becomes interesting by the way the story is told ("he said, she said") and by the incident that may or may not be a crime. But I do not know what makes "The Slap" work. Maybe that each character receives their own episode and that the narrator gives a deeper insight into each persons mind? I am not looking forward to the episode that will "explain" the mother of that slapped child. Describing her as "weird" is an understatement.

Good news for those who do not like "The Slap": contrary to "The Affair" it will not be renewed for a second season.

• Like 1

yep.watched it today, i wont tell you what its about as seems to be the village or should i say out back idiots habit on here !!! cos thats taking a touch of fun away in the watching of it. i'll just give you my opinion that it was shocking and imo , a must watch

suffice to say india has banned it and it re affirmed all i know about indian culture. also watched and again was disapointed with ' the black flag'

Just watched it, mind blowing!!

After four episodes of The Slap I am facing the same effect, that "The Affair" had on me: although both shows are utterly boring I cannot stop watching. I must know what is happening next, which is mainly...nothing. I think "The Affair" becomes interesting by the way the story is told ("he said, she said") and by the incident that may or may not be a crime. But I do not know what makes "The Slap" work. Maybe that each character receives their own episode and that the narrator gives a deeper insight into each persons mind? I am not looking forward to the episode that will "explain" the mother of that slapped child. Describing her as "weird" is an understatement.

Good news for those who do not like "The Slap": contrary to "The Affair" it will not be renewed for a second season.

I watched episode 3 of The Slap today and was not very impressed. I liked episodes 1 and2 though, so won't give up on it yet.

I watched episode 3 of The Slap today and was not very impressed. I liked episodes 1 and2 though, so won't give up on it yet.

And I thought that I am the only one still watching it. smile.png