What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Well, it seems that Robert Durst may come to regret that he consented to participate in the HBO series The Jinx. Seems he ran his mouth next to a live mic once too often. That's NOT a Spoiler, this comes from contemporary news reports. The media have run with this case for many years now. Everybody wants Durst to pay.

It hasn't been easy to watch this. The story has been very skillfully done, to the point where I almost like the little guy. I feel a certain sympathy for him after seeing the portrayal of the exceedingly strange family he came from. When you're in the kind of trouble he has made for himself, there's just no substitute for the highest quality lawyers money can buy.

The weirdest fact of all: He still might get away with it all!

• Like 2

Watched Lucy, The Equalizer and John Wicke since last post all 3 are watchable movies.

Also watched The Signal, the movie keeps you interested but its almost a waste of your time TBH.

Banshee series 3 finished, hate waiting for new series', they should film them all and run it till the end.

has everybody on here now watched house of cards series 3? can we now talk about it without worrying about 'spoilers' ?

Should I download house of cards?

Is it good?

Is it all blue and yellow coloured in every scene?

Edited by rhythmworx
  • Like 1

has everybody on here now watched house of cards series 3? can we now talk about it without worrying about 'spoilers' ?

Is it good?

Series one and two were excellent ,they followed the original British series ,but as always i feel ,because it was a hit they try to get more out of it ,big mistake ,the acting is still good but the plot has been lost

on another note i just watched izombie the first episode ,it was amusing ,but a series ,not really ,although she did say she could not have sex as she could infect someone , well i will take my chances if you will

Is it good?

I enjoyed it. As mentioned here , was a bit darker than the previous season, perhaps not quite as good as season 2, but keeps you watching back to back.

I would certainly recommend downloading it

Certainly we will be seeing a Season 4!

It's the same as it's always been.

Ok to talk about the show in general, but if you want to give

something away that will spoil it for others, give a "Spolier Alert",

like Frank James usually does.

• Like 1

Justified is ramping up slowly for the Ultimate Showdown. I'll be sorry to see this series end. The dialog between Raylan and Boyd gets better every week. Walton Goggins (Boyd Crowder, The MAN!) should be particularly grateful to whoever is writing his lines. It is poetry, and his delivery is unforgettable. The latest episode is so rich in great dialog for all of the characters, I'm going to watch it again just for that. The plot is all over the place, but things are coming to a head.

Great to see Nick Searcy (Art, The Boss) back in the lineup. He gets to do a great scene with Mary Steenburgen. Who knew she could be so evil?

I'd like to see more shows set and shot on location, in the American South. R.I.P. Elmore Leonard.

Edited by Frank James
  • Like 2

Justified is ramping up slowly for the Ultimate Showdown. I'll be sorry to see this series end. The dialog between Raylan and Boyd gets better every week. Walton Goggins (Boyd Crowder, The MAN!) should be particularly grateful to whoever is writing his lines. It is poetry, and his delivery is unforgettable. The latest episode is so rich in great dialog for all of the characters, I'm going to watch it again just for that. The plot is all over the place, but things are coming to a head.

Great to see Nick Searcy (Art, The Boss) back in the lineup. He gets to do a great scene with Mary Steenburgen. Who knew she could be so evil?

I'd like to see more shows set and shot on location, in the American South. R.I.P. Elmore Leonard.

One of my all time favourite shows.

The chemistry between Boyd and Raylen is terrific.

Walton Goggins was also great in The Shield.

I still don't know which way the show will go.

• Like 1

ARCHER SEASON SIX.......

google ...... cartoonmoviesHq Archer season 1 ....need to click on watch now and then back again to get rid of the add.

Great site all the cartoons for adults...free. bsst in the am here.....and Sealab...cool

I am now working my way through The Jinx (HBO of course), the true (?) story of rich guy Robert Durst and his trail of murders. This little creep makes Jamie Dornan's "Paul Spector" character in The Fall seem like a fine citizen. The story is all over the US news now, as police departments in several jurisdictions trip over each other trying to get him arraigned for crimes that were never properly investigated.

Like the O.J. case, and Dom. Strauss-Kahn, this story shows how much you can get away with if you can afford the best lawyers.

It seems like Durst is thriving on all of the attention, and is laughing at all of the cops and prosecutors.

Have to give it a TEN, and hate myself for getting drawn to this sick story.

Thank you Frank James. It was a very thought provoking series.

I smiled at the end scene and stared at the black screen for a long long time...

Just finished Will Smith's latest self help movie "Focus"...

Was just like "Hitch" but dishing out advice to wannabe criminals, instead of the desperate and dateless male populace.

Good for a Sunday night laugh, given its relatively recent release the decent copy I had was hard coded with mandarin subtitles, which was somewhat annoying but didn't really interrupt the flow of the movie..

• Like 2

Another oneto have a look at: Miss Meadows, featuring the ever so delightful Katie Holmes (she's so much hotter now that she's divorced Tom Cruise, same thing happened to Nicole Kidman).

It's like Kill Bill meets Mary Poppins. Excellent, quirky viewing, if it wasn't for the lack of a fitting soundtrack, you'd swear it was a Tarantino film.

• Like 2

Just downloaded ,secrets and lies from kickass , its set in a British car showroom ,i watched half of the first episode and to be honest did not like it ,but many of you may ,it just was not my cup of tea. ,on thursday a new series of inside no9 starts ,very dark ,the first series was very good.

Just downloaded ,secrets and lies from kickass , its set in a British car showroom ,i watched half of the first episode and to be honest did not like it ,but many of you may ,it just was not my cup of tea. ,on thursday a new series of inside no9 starts ,very dark ,the first series was very good.

Secrets & Lies set in a British car showroom? i claudius, surely, you jest...

I was sceptical at first of the show as it had already been done before. But I've got a bet running now with my mother as to who did it, so it's worth watching. My money's on the wife... Juliette Lewis bugs the shit out of me every time she opens her mouth, it's almost like she's trying to be robocop sans robotic exterior...

• Like 1

I was sceptical at first of the show as it had already been done before. But I've got a bet running now with my mother as to who did it, so it's worth watching. My money's on the wife... Juliette Lewis bugs the shit out of me every time she opens her mouth, it's almost like she's trying to be robocop sans robotic exterior...

So sorry I mean ordinary lies,set in a car showroom,it's the Alzheimer's lol

• Like 2

I found Ordinairy Lives rather funny. It must be that British black sense of humour!!

But, Secrets and Lies the Ozzie version is good. Also the US version is good.

I am trawling through 13 episodes of Bloodline which i am really enjoying because i like family drama things.

I read that the Ozzies are doing a second season of Love Child. The first was excellent. But i may have to watch the last two episodes again just to get the storyline back into my brain cell. I also have a soft spot for the DePaglia brothers.

On documentaries - Louis Theroux is back!! I have just watched the first part about how nasty killers go back out into society. Rather scary stuff, but as usual Louis interviews them so well. "I killed my father" comes out like "i popped down the shops for a pint of milk"!!!

• Like 2

So sorry I mean ordinary lies,set in a car showroom,it's the Alzheimer's lol

Can't wait to watch it as its set about 5 minutes walk away from where I grew up [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

• Like 1

I think it's the best friend.

• Like 1