What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

As the old saying goes "there's no such thing as a free lunch"

And a strange coincidence, I started watching Mr Robot... Which hits right at the base of this article.. Could be a really cracking show!

I watched episode 1 of Mr Robot tonight and this could be a real cracker alright! One of the most engaging first episodes of a new series I have seen in a while

Rami Malek is simply terrific in his role (you might remember him from the The Pacific Mini series).

I enjoyed the pilot BookMan.

Do you know when the series begins?

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

As the old saying goes "there's no such thing as a free lunch"

And a strange coincidence, I started watching Mr Robot... Which hits right at the base of this article.. Could be a really cracking show!

I watched episode 1 of Mr Robot tonight and this could be a real cracker alright! One of the most engaging first episodes of a new series I have seen in a while

Rami Malek is simply terrific in his role (you might remember him from the The Pacific Mini series).

I enjoyed the pilot BookMan.

Do you know when the series begins?

June 24 it is due to start

• Like 2

Ambassadors - This one is a 3 part series by the BBC.

Thought it was pretty well done and quite funny.

IMDB: The adventures and politics of a British ambassador to a fictitious Asian country called Tajbekistan.

Nice one, Will!

Really enjoyed it. Episode 2 with His Royal Highness was hilarious. I hope there will be a second season.

• Like 2

Another new show that kicked off last week that I got around to tonight (as I'd ploughed through Acquarius) "Stitchers" which is more sci-fi than cop drama.. It's missing something but I'm enjoying it.. It's about a girl who is brought into some secret NSA style covert off the book security agency that uses the last remaining memories of dead criminals to piece together their final movements.. Interesting enough watching...

Stitchers

I like this one. 2 episodes available so far. A woman with some type of Asperger's is strapped in and tapped in to recently dead people where she can access heir memories and help solve crimes.

Light viewing, but enjoyable enough.

Not sure if it's the fact that there's <deleted> all on TV at the moment, but yeah I'm enjoying it so far... Not so much the sci-fi aspect but the social interactions make me laugh..

It's been an otherwise boring as <deleted> week on television, I've reverted to reading or should I say studying... Better yet, doing the things I should be doing instead of watching the latest episode of a TV show :P

• Like 1

Did a search and couldn't find this series though I was sure it was posted else how did I know about it? biggrin.png My apologies if already posted, but I really enjoyed it.

Single season, 22 episodes which I will be watching the last tonight. One of those rare series I binged on right from the 1st episode. Don't know why they didn't continue the series.

Forever IMDB rating 8.3 and pretty much in the ballpark where I would rate it.

Henry Morgan is a man who's been alive for 200 years and he doesn't know why and has spent the past 200 years trying to find out. Presently he works as a medical examiner in New York. Detective Jo Martinez works with him and is intrigued with him. Abe is the only one who knows Henry's secret

• Like 2

+1. Very enjoyable movie.

yep, an easy watchable, feelgood matinee ish style movie that IMO would have worked better without Costner. .No boundaries broken or new ground covered However In general a relatively pleasant tale that brought a smile and somewhat jangled the emotions, So worth a watch,

+1. Very enjoyable movie.

yep, an easy watchable, feelgood matinee ish style movie that IMO would have worked better without Costner. .No boundaries broken or new ground covered However In general a relatively pleasant tale that brought a smile and somewhat lightly jangled the emotions, So worth a watch,

Edit , i'm on about 'mcfarland '

Edited by rijit

Orange is the new black S03 is on ka!! thumbsup.gif

I'm 2 into series three and as much as i loved the first and liked the second

i'm beginning to feel the story really aint moving on

Season 3, you mean? I'm one episode in, and I think that I concur. That episode put me to sleep.

I enjoyed the first two seasons, but I'm concerned. Grantland has an article about the show and how they decided to not bring Jason Biggs' character back. There was no indication of anything happening to the character. The writer opines that the show needs a character like that for balance, or the scumbag prison guard from before, I think.

• Like 1

Orange/Black Season 3...Too soon to tell but:

Seems like they have a bigger budget to work with now. More detailed and expensive-to-produce "backstory" scenes. I hope they have completely eliminated Piper's wimpy ex-boyfriend, Larry. Have only seen the first two episodes, but they seem to be rushing along with multiple plotlines, perhaps too fast, at least for my elderly brain. Need to watch each episode at least twice to "get" everything.

So far, worth the wait.

I am hopelessly in love with Vauss! (Laura Prepon, that voice!) She has become the Star of this show.

Orange is the new black S03 is on ka!! thumbsup.gif

I'm 2 into series three and as much as i loved the first and liked the second

i'm beginning to feel the story really aint moving on

Season 3, you mean? I'm one episode in, and I think that I concur. That episode put me to sleep.

I enjoyed the first two seasons, but I'm concerned. Grantland has an article about the show and how they decided to not bring Jason Biggs' character back. There was no indication of anything happening to the character. The writer opines that the show needs a character like that for balance, or the scumbag prison guard from before, I think.

Yeah Im 2 episodes into series 3 and all I'm watching is virtually the same storyline as series 2 as I said.loved series one and liked 2 but series 3 barring an audience 'upping of empathy' for charecters cultured by the writers, I'm seeing no plot or development of interest. Still out of respect for series 1& 2 i'll watch more, how many ? Not sure.

rijit

• Like 1

I do not mind Science Fiction shows, if they are of good quality. Unfortunately, Dark Matter does not fall into this category.

A group of people (diverse, the hot girl shows, of course, the best leadership quality and can beat up men) wakes up on board of a space ship without knowing who they are and why they are in space. They make it to a planet, which is under threat of being attacked by an evil corporation that wants to steal the resources of the miners.

The special effects are trivial, the setting is rather poor IMHO. I find the whole show mediocre at best (emphasis on "at best").

• Like 1

Yeah Im 2 episodes into series 3 and all I'm watching is virtually the same storyline as series 2 as I said.loved series one and liked 2 but series 3 barring an audience 'upping of empathy' for charecters cultured by the writers, I'm seeing no plot or development of interest. Still out of respect for series 1& 2 i'll watch more, how many ? Not sure.

rijit

They haven't made me care more about the characters yet in this season, possibly less. I'm so done with the Diaz and What's-His-Name story, as is the warden, I see.

It's just one series in its third season, by the way. :-)

rijit

They haven't made me care more about the characters yet in this season, possibly less. I'm so done with the Diaz and What's-His-Name story, as is the warden, I see.

Don't the Brits call a "season" a "series"? smile.png

(But please correct me, if I am wrong!)

rijit

Don't the Brits call a "season" a "series"? smile.png

(But please correct me, if I am wrong!)

yeah, a run of shows would be called a series or a season either or tbh. . and an individual show is an episode. .

Saw Jurassic World. It is identical with each of its three predecessors and they obviously did not cut the budget. Everything looked expensive. So, no surprises whatsoever.

• Like 2

In Proof Jennifer Beals plays a surgeon who is supposed to find (or find not) scientific proof that there is an afterlife. Does not sound very exciting, yet, I was not bored and will probably continue watching. All in all, the show is well made...or may be it is just Jennifer Beals.

• Like 2

Black sea,

a group of down at the heel ex sub mariners led by jude law go in search of lost nazi gold.. At times a tense and gripping movie but overall a . decent enuf watch without being a great film .

82% from rotten toms http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/black_sea/

6.4 from imdb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2261331/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Edited by rijit

Just saw the final episode of Game of Thrones. Found it very exciting and to be a fantastic set up for the next season. They certainly spilled some blood this time. May be not the best season so far, but the best tenth episode.

Edited by jope
  • Like 2

Documentary - Gascoigne

I'm not a big soccer fan, but don't mind watching the odd game.
Being a sports nut though, I gave this one a crack.

I've got to say it's one of the best sports documentaries I've seen.
Thought it was just fantastic, very moving.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2