What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

House of cards is great, I only watched the 1st season so far.

Watching sons of anarchy now just about finished with 5th season, great stuff.

As for TV's I didn't bother with 3D either, so bought a cheap 50" plasma HD Samsung which is great but I have to pull the curtains behind me in the house during daylight.

I am waiting for 3D comes without the damned glasses.

In the office(or study I should say, don't work here, so have a fridge too, he-he) in my house I use a 27" Dell U2713HM super hd monitor so I can watch action movies in the evening and not upset my 4 year old son.

• Like 1

Caught up with Thor The Dark World today. The GF and I went to the cinema for the big screen experience for this one choosing the 2D version over the 3D.

Good action, good SFX, light and easy watching. On a personal note it has Natalie Portman so that's always a bonus.

6/10 from me

(before the main feature we saw the trailer for Jackass presents Bad Grandpa..had some very funny bits in, so hope the movie is as good!)

Edited by BookMan

Caught up with Thor The Dark World today. The GF and I went to the cinema for the big screen experience for this one choosing the 2D version over the 3D.

Good action, good SFX, light and easy watching. On a personal note it has Natalie Portman so that's always a bonus.

6/10 from me

Funny you should mention Thor, just acquired a copy of it today, quick glance it looks like a watchable copy, might try enhancing it with 3D to see if that sharpens it any further... Reverse psychology and all that :P

Oh, watched Turbo 3D last night, I must say it was a bit slow overall but with some funny bits here and there, big voice cast, underperforming animation script. If you haven't seen it, you're not going to lose any sleep over it.

6/10 from me

(before the main feature we saw the trailer for Jackass presents Bad Grandpa..had some very funny bits in, so hope the movie is as good!)

Natalie Portman could be in a commercial for hemorrhoids medicine and it would be memorable

Just did season 1 of a British police drama called Luther.

Overall not bad. Some weaknesses but pretty decent viewing.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Luther Season 1 & 2 were frikken excellent, I too binged on those. Season 3...errrr I wasn't so hooked, not enough 'Alice' IMHO

Just did season 1 of a British police drama called Luther.

Overall not bad. Some weaknesses but pretty decent viewing.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Luther Season 1 & 2 were frikken excellent, I too binged on those. Season 3...errrr I wasn't so hooked, not enough 'Alice' IMHO

Season 3 has been released and it's as good as the first 2.

Not great but a solid series IMO.

And typical of the English TV shows, they haven't

overdone it with too many episodes.

The Blacklist is the bestest this year.. I sit here and wait for kickass to put it on, then happy bunny. I love James Spader.

Caught up with episode 8 last night tongue.png

Gotta say this is one of my on going fav's of the season. Look forward to the next episode popping up on hulu every week. Patsycat, you are dead right about Spader, he makes the show for me

• Like 1

The Blacklist is the bestest this year.. I sit here and wait for kickass to put it on, then happy bunny. I love James Spader.

Yup my favorite new show along with The Crazy Ones. Waiting for this weeks episode to be put up.

Spader is a freakin' genius! Even the wife nags me about when is the next episode up. Although, I'm getting short on patience with Agent Keene - unless of course she does more shower scenes :P Sorry sorry that was a misogynistic comment :P I actually watched it in 3D just for sh!ts and giggles, totally weirded me out so flicked it back to 2D.

Watched Hello Ladies again last night, after almost ditching it, last weeks episode saved it for another week. Suffice to say, after this weeks episode, it will again be watched next week. But I'm hoping the plot line doesn't take the track that I think it will take. I just wanted to slap Merchant for what he did last night! :P

Boardwalk Empire got more interesting last night, not too sure which direction it's going to take now. I don't think it will be bad which ever way they've decided ;)

Yup my favorite new show along with The Crazy Ones. Waiting for this weeks episode to be put up.

Spader is a freakin' genius! Even the wife nags me about when is the next episode up. Although, I'm getting short on patience with Agent Keene - unless of course she does more shower scenes tongue.png Sorry sorry that was a misogynistic comment tongue.png I actually watched it in 3D just for sh!ts and giggles, totally weirded me out so flicked it back to 2D.

Watched Hello Ladies again last night, after almost ditching it, last weeks episode saved it for another week. Suffice to say, after this weeks episode, it will again be watched next week. But I'm hoping the plot line doesn't take the track that I think it will take. I just wanted to slap Merchant for what he did last night! tongue.png

Boardwalk Empire got more interesting last night, not too sure which direction it's going to take now. I don't think it will be bad which ever way they've decided wink.png

I didn't take to The Crazy Ones. Watched 4-5 episodes. Might have expected too much from it.

Hello ladies...finished episode 4. Just give us something to like about Marchant writers! tongue.png

The League. I went on a binge watch the last week and am up to season 5 biggrin.png . Very funny comedy. Highly recommended!

• Like 1

I didn't take to The Crazy Ones. Watched 4-5 episodes. Might have expected too much from it.

Hello ladies...finished episode 4. Just give us something to like about Marchant writers! tongue.png

The League. I went on a binge watch the last week and am up to season 5 biggrin.png . Very funny comedy. Highly recommended!

Don't worry BM, Hello Ladies does get better, but you'll have to put up with 3 more episodes before it does ;)

• Like 1

Not sure where this one is going yet, but the new Dracula from NBC certainly is putting a different spin on a well oiled tale. Couple of episodes in, its intriguing, sloppy in places, but anything with vampires is always entertaining.

Not sure where this one is going yet, but the new Dracula from NBC certainly is putting a different spin on a well oiled tale. Couple of episodes in, its intriguing, sloppy in places, but anything with vampires is always entertaining.

Yeah I watched the first episode, haven't been back since.

The Blacklist will hook ya. Spader is awesome in the role and the stories are well written. If you're watching on AXN its a week behind the US, so watch out for spoilers

I use Torrents for everything, I have 2 invites for torrentday.com if anyone needs one, very fast, will max out your connection easy

Edited by bartender100

Anyone watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead? Wasn't expecting that rehabilitation of The Governor

"Rehabilitation"? I would not count on that. The Governor could always play nice when he wanted to.

I caught the latest episode. The GF and I are big fans of the show in general. This season has been good, as well as last season. Plenty of surprises and some good twists.

Having the governor make a return brings back a chance for some different story lines. Maybe some more ruthlessness of the type that might pervade a futuristic zombie apocalypse survivors world. w00t.gif

My feeling is the plot line has to see main group at the prison leaving sometime soon...

I haven't watched it but i'm intrigued now.

Is it horror-movie style show or about serial killers? I had a read through on wiki but it didn't clarify it for me

Did anyone mention American Horror Story?!?

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

American Horror Story does not ring my bell. It is nasty rather than scary and leaves me feeling disturbed, rather than frightened. However, I have heard reports that the new season is more like traditional horror and not so discomfiting.

Did anyone mention American Horror Story?!?

Sent from my GT-S5360B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Certainly not... And for good reason!

Though, that being said, to each his own wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4X.gif alt=wai2.gif width=20 height=20>