What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

8 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Letterkenny season 2 is out. 

Still entertaining, but more given to strange tangents of dialogue.

I enjoyed it but they speak so fast, I think I need subtitles.

Oh well, pitter patter, let's get 'er.

• Like 1

The Fury of a Patient Man.

I enjoyed this one.

IMDB: A man who loses his wife during a vicious robbery at a jewellery store quietly plans to find and exact revenge
against the robbers responsible while the anger grows within him.

Has subs.

• Like 1

The Young Offenders

I found this one quite a giggle.
I downloaded it with subs although it is in English.

IMDB: Two teenage boys cycle 160km on stolen bikes pursued by police to find a missing bale of cocaine worth 7 million euro.
Set around the real event of Ireland's biggest cocaine seizure in 2007 of 440 million euro.

• Like 1

I stream (it's a hard life having 10GB Fibre [emoji14]) so will give it a whirl.

Having said that, I am normally on the same page as you when it comes to TV Shows so I need to make sure I'm in the right mood to give it a "fair" viewing [emoji1303]

Guys, you got it all wrong!!!

You simply have to watch every minute of OA or...

... I'll be the only one who's wasted 8 hours of their life.

(Fortunately I tend to only have these kind of programs on in the background whilst I'm busy doing something else).

If it had Stephen King in the credits I would summed it up as being a-typical well past his best self indulgence stuff .

And the ending was just pathetic... almost like they realised the original script writer was never going to finish so changed with 20 minutes to go...

[actually embarrassed I watched it all the way through but it was either that or drink the Liptons]
  • Like 2

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 5:29 PM, giddyup said:

Just got around to watching A Man Called Ove (English subs), what a great heartwarming story. If your eyes don't get a little moist here and there, you have no heart.

Nice call.

I enjoyed this one as well.

• Like 1

Tv series  - Fauda

This one (with subs) has just been released.
I haven't watched any as yet but it has excellent reviews.

IMDB:"Fauda" (Arabic for 'Chaos') depicts the two-sided story of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Doron, a commander of undercover Israeli unit operating inside Palestinian territories, and his team, are hunting down Hamas terrorist Abu-Ahmed. On the other side of the fence, the tragic life of Abu-Ahmed and his family, and the reasons for their escalating hatred towards Israel.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Tv series  - Fauda

This one (with subs) has just been released.
I haven't watched any as yet but it has excellent reviews.

IMDB:"Fauda" (Arabic for 'Chaos') depicts the two-sided story of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Doron, a commander of undercover Israeli unit operating inside Palestinian territories, and his team, are hunting down Hamas terrorist Abu-Ahmed. On the other side of the fence, the tragic life of Abu-Ahmed and his family, and the reasons for their escalating hatred towards Israel.

Good choice. I watched the whole series in about 2 days. I am really looking forward to the second season. 

• Like 1

I watched Mel Gibson's "Hacksaw Ridge" last night. 

Lost for words to be honest. Outstanding and possibly one of the most brutal and realistic (anti) war movies I have ever seen. Can't recommend it highly enough. 

IMG_4013.JPG

The extraordinary true story of conscientious objector Desmond T. Doss who saved 75 men in Okinawa, during the bloodiest battle of WWII, without firing a single shot.

Absolute treasure trove of series piling up….Fauda, Bureau, Estocolmo, Le Passager….no time to watch them all.

Just got stuck into a new Scandi Crime Series….Acquitted (Frikjent)….It's fm Norway. Plot not as riveting as other scandi greats but the locations they filmed it in are bloody amazing. Sno hasn't got hjis paws on this one yet but its on the torrents….Im streaming it off the All4 app with perfect hardcoded subs.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1

Six.

After the build-up that True has been giving this series, I thought it was going to be the usual over-rated stuff we have come to expect.

Glad I was wrong! I just watched episode 1 and it looks like this is going to rock. I think it airs on True at about 10 o'clock tonight..................:smile:

(Series is based on the lives of, and loosely based on actual missions of seal team six) 

• Like 1

Six.

After the build-up that True has been giving this series, I thought it was going to be the usual over-rated stuff we have come to expect.

Glad I was wrong! I just watched episode 1 and it looks like this is going to rock. I think it airs on True at about 10 o'clock tonight..................:smile:

(Series is based on the lives of, and loosely based on actual missions of seal team six) 

Just watched it & found it a bit disappointing, not bad as such, just was hoping for more (was a big fan of Strike Back).

Will watch the next episode in the hope it gets more interesting now the groundwork has been set

IMHO Worth a watch & an episode or 2 more but the jury is still out.
  • Like 1

I reviewed this one a little while ago and thought it was dreadful.

IMDB's rating of 5.6 seems generous.

Have you watched "Bull"?

I think I gave Ransom more leeway because I got quite into "Bull" though would be the 1st to admit Ransom was a struggle at 1st.

2 Episodes in, next one is make or break :)...

• Like 1

On 1/17/2017 at 9:28 AM, giddyup said:

Arrival was a bit of a disappointment. Was really looking forward to a good sci-fi movie, but found it a bit slow and confusing.

Yep I thought that when I watched it (slow, confusing)

Edited by Caps