What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 2/1/2017 at 8:10 PM, Panda13 said:

Shooter, a series of Mark Wahlberg's movie and produced by him is so addictive.

The book (Point of Impact) was written by Stephen Hunter and comes from a series in which each book is connected by members of the same family at different points in time. They are all really good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_of_Impact

• Like 2

The book (Point of Impact) was written by Stephen Hunter and comes from a series in which each book is connected by members of the same family at different points in time. They are all really good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_of_Impact

The Earl Swagger series of books are spot on!!!! Read all of his and enjoyed everyone!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, roo860 said:

The Earl Swagger series of books are spot on!!!! Read all of his and enjoyed everyone!

Me too. Give Vince Flynn a try. He is good too and has a movie coming out based on "American Assassin". That is my favorite book by him.

• Like 2

Watched Hunting Hitler season 2. Couldn't get enough so watched World War 1 in colour by Nat Geo. Absolutely brilliant. I wish these documentaries had been around back when I was in school. I would have aced my history exam.

Question. Are there any other similar documentaries on the world wars that you'd recommend? I'm looking for anything Nazi related.

Watched Hunting Hitler season 2. Couldn't get enough so watched World War 1 in colour by Nat Geo. Absolutely brilliant. I wish these documentaries had been around back when I was in school. I would have aced my history exam.

Question. Are there any other similar documentaries on the world wars that you'd recommend? I'm looking for anything Nazi related.

There at many on You Tube ,good but a bit short in the run time department

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

There's a new 5 part series starting in the U.K. this month.
Okay this is not a documentary !! but might be of interest.

Called SS-GB, based on a 1978 Len Deighton book and shows what would happen if the Battle of Britain was lost and the Germans invaded , and took charge of , Britain in 1941.

His book is based on Nazi plans which were unearthed after the war covering this eventuality.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4192308/amp/BBC-draws-REAL-Nazi-plans-life-SS-GB.html?client=safari

• Like 1

Sounds like something quite worth watching, thanks. I'll look around, see if I can find it.

I really like UK series anyway. Broadchurch really was the best series I've watched in the past few years (watched with original soundtrack of course, I hate dubbed movies/series)

And me, watched 1st 2 series & enjoyed it but never got around to watching S3+

I find a lot of these series are only good for a couple of seasons , The Walking Dead, Z Nation etc etc , I liked Prison Break for a while but then it got repetitive and I felt that there were " flogging a dead horse "
Better call Saul is good though ( in my opinion ! ), looking forward to season 3.

Just watched Patriots Day 2016.

Very powerful and moving.

Words cannot describe what I just experienced.

This should get the oscars.

A movie that will take a while to get out of my head.

7.6 Imdb. No, 10.0 is what I give this.

3 years after the real event this is as close you get to being there on that day.

A day that shook the world and an event that is tragically all to common in the news after.

How much longer will terrorism be in our world?

We pray for peace.

• Like 2

Watched Split
What a great film, hats off to James McAvoy, I thought it was a brilliant bit of acting. A very good physiological thriller

Sent from my iPhone whilst having a cold beer

On 2/7/2017 at 7:12 AM, Wilsonandson said:

This has to be the best WW1 documentary of all but be sure to watch the 1964 version and not later efforts using the same name:

The Great War (TV Mini-Series 1964– ) - IMDb

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, evadgib said:

This has to be the best WW1 documentary of all but be sure to watch the 1964 version and not later efforts using the same name:

The Great War (TV Mini-Series 1964– ) - IMDb

Agree and I have watched this series and thought it was both fabulous and disturbing (such a useless waste of life).

Decided to watch a couple of oldies, so have got Deliverance and Southern Comfort lined up.

Case.

New 9 episode  Icelandic thriller posted by Sno on TPB etc.

Streaming it with hardcoded subs off Exodus.

About a young ballerina who is found hung in the school auditorium and the ensuing investigation by a detective who suspects 

its not suicide.

On 2/7/2017 at 8:11 AM, tukkytuktuk said:

Just watched Patriots Day 2016.

Very powerful and moving.

Words cannot describe what I just experienced.

This should get the oscars.

A movie that will take a while to get out of my head.

7.6 Imdb. No, 10.0 is what I give this.

3 years after the real event this is as close you get to being there on that day.

A day that shook the world and an event that is tragically all to common in the news after.

How much longer will terrorism be in our world?

We pray for peace.

Probably the best film that I have seen recently. I enjoyed it too.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2017 at 0:22 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

I liked Prison Break for a while but then it got repetitive and I felt that there were " flogging a dead horse "

It got really hokey when the escaped and all the prison guards quit their jobs and traveled around all over the continent trying to catch them. I guess the director did not want to come up with new bad guys. :smile:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your advice on WWI and WW2 documentaries to watch. Just watched the curse of oak island season 4 episode 13. They've found the money pit at last but you'll have to wait until next weeks episode to see more.
Anyone watching the grand tour still. I got to episode 4 then got bored.

• Like 1

What's going on with these TV series? Homeland hasn't had a new episode since end of January. There have been no new episodes of ICE for ages. Spring Tide I have only been able to find episodes 1 and 2. Disappointing when you start to enjoy a series only to see it disappear, at least for me, maybe someone can find the new episodes of the three I mentioned?

On 2/7/2017 at 0:22 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

I find a lot of these series are only good for a couple of seasons , The Walking Dead, Z Nation etc etc , I liked Prison Break for a while but then it got repetitive and I felt that there were " flogging a dead horse "
Better call Saul is good though ( in my opinion ! ), looking forward to season 3.

"Returns Monday, April 10 10/9"

(Other than the last episode or 2 of last season) Michael McKean has been great throughout this series.

Rhea Seahorn is odd casting - she strikes me as a gay woman and also exudes no sexuality. Adequate but nothing special.

Edited by JimmyJ