What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Netflix.

Showtime documentary film

Operation odessa

Not my usual cup of tea but a decent documentary about some chap/s that stole money from the medellin cartel which was supposed to be a down payment for a submarine.

Forgot this one, also tried to get into a series called Jack Taylor starring Iain Glen as an ex Irish cop turned drunkard / private investigator.  It had some really good reviews but while I found the first episode watchable it didn't really fill me with inspiration to return for the rest.  A bit too dull and plodding with characters it's hard to bother about.  Might give it a go again in the future but there's too much stuff that appeals to waste time forcing myself to watch stuff that doesn't.

39 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Anyone been watching this? I saw season 1 and 2. The first season was excellent but the second not so good. 

Yep saw that about a year or so ago. My thoughts exactly. 2nd season rushed I think. 1st season was very good. 1st scene of 1st episode was brilliant.

Elephant White set in Thailand Bangkok. . Movie OK But unreal and cliches view of the girly scene. Another Bangkok based movie is Spirit house.
Currently watching UK comedy Mrs Brown's Boys

Could watch much of Spirit House. It looked too much like a ‘Z’ listed movie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought this doco was terrific.

Operation Odessa: From the director and producers of The Seven Five comes Operation Odessa, a true crime thriller about

a Russian mobster, a Miami playboy and a Cuban spy who teamed up to sell a nuclear submarine to a Colombian drug cartel.

• Like 2

12 Strong.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1413492/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The True Story of the Army's Special Forces "Green Berets", who within weeks responded to the 9-11 attack. Green Berets, with the help of the 160th SOAR(A), took over the country and allowed other Special Forces and the rest of the conventional military to begin the more publicly visible war.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The True Story of the Army's Special Forces "Green Berets", who within weeks responded to the 9-11 attack. Green Berets, with the help of the 160th SOAR(A), took over the country and allowed other Special Forces and the rest of the conventional military to begin the more publicly visible war.

You actually believe anything published by mainstream media about the many middle east conflicts ?

True - 555 - True Spin for sure

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

You actually believe anything published by mainstream media about the many middle east conflicts ?

Ehm, you do know that was a copy/paste from IMDB, right?

I don't even believe what the voices in my head are telling me anymore!

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

I was bored with it 20 minutes in. Another USA saves the world BS.

• Like 1

I don't have enough spare time to keep up with todays ever increasing flow of TV shows and movies. For years my Emby library has been topped up from a shared seedbox and I am now so far behind with the content it would take months of binge watching to catch up. Have started dumping from 8TB storage.

TV current up to date watch list
The Good Fight
The Crossing
Barry
The Americans
Siren
Homeland
The Terror
Arrow
Billions
Counterpart
Silicon Valley
Madam Secretary
The Looming Tower
How to Get Away with Murder
The Blacklist

Very slowly going through UK Only Fools And Horses Christmas specials

Recent movies
Red Sparrow
Hostiles
Den Of Thieves
Backstabbing for Beginners
Maudie

Wife is on old UK stuff
Mr Selfridge
Berkeley Square

For the wife I am looking for the full 14 seasons of Dallas 1974 which I might need to import from Amazon.
A 3 seed torrent would never complete.

Edited by Fruit Trader

Stephen: (Stephen Lawrence) The Murder That Changed a Nation........... S01E01 

I don't know if it changed the nation---but it did change a 1,000 year old cornerstone of English law. Being declared innocent by a jury (free from that crime for the rest of you life ) no longer exists. from 2005 "double jeopardy" was alive and well--and as it was retrospective it had a few people clambering to change their autobiography

BBC have put it out in 3 parts   first last night

• Like 1

Hostiles - watched almost all of this yesterday, it was very good - some fine acting, & good characters.

Perhaps I was tired last night, but it seemed a bit long winded, & stopped before the end.

Anyone watch all of it?

• Thanks 1