What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Countdown

Actually 8 out of 10 cats does countdown !

A fusion of 8 out of 10 cats ( a comedy panel show) and Countdown ( serious spelling and maths game show )

Not trying to be pedantic, but if someone searches for Countdown expecting a laugh (as in your video) they would be sorely disappointed !!

Actually a very funny long running program ( 16 series) most available on YouTube.

10 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

The Elite.....a new tv show on netflix...about the mysterious killing of a pleb student who transfers to an elite school after his school is destroyed in a fire.

It's Elite, no The, and it's Spanish with HC subs. That's if it's the same series you are talking about.

Edited by giddyup

I enjoyed "Lodge 49", (AMC weekly and streaming, all 10 eps. available) slower pace (glacial?, makes BCS look like the Roadrunner), quirky and vaguely reminiscent of "Terriers" (2010). Brilliantly written, awesome characters, great cast, and acting. Bruce Campbell and Cheech Marin were pleasant surprises. Kurt Russell/Goldie Hawn's son Wyatt is great as "Dud".

46 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I enjoyed "Lodge 49", (AMC weekly and streaming, all 10 eps. available) slower pace (glacial?, makes BCS look like the Roadrunner), quirky and vaguely reminiscent of "Terriers" (2010). Brilliantly written, awesome characters, great cast, and acting. Bruce Campbell and Cheech Marin were pleasant surprises. Kurt Russell/Goldie Hawn's son Wyatt is great as "Dud".

I enjoyed that as well.

2 hours ago, faraday said:

It was ok, but nowhere near as good as Line of Duty; it seemed a bit implausible.

It is worth watching though.

Are you comparing it with Line of Duty regards police internal affairs?  Great tv show but if so i can't see the comparison at all.  Bodyguard was above average but not great.

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

Are you comparing it with Line of Duty regards police internal affairs?  Great tv show but if so i can't see the comparison at all.  Bodyguard was above average but not great.

Both written by Jed Mecurio. So yes, I am comparing the two.

Ok na?

11 minutes ago, faraday said:

Both written by Jed Mecurio. So yes, I am comparing the two.

Ok na?

Ah yes, ok.  Must admit then, in that case yes, compared to the brilliant Line of Duty it wasn't quite as good as it might have been but still very watchable!!

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Ah yes, ok.  Must admit then, in that case yes, compared to the brilliant Line of Duty it wasn't quite as good as it might have been but still very watchable!!

Line of duty was great ,bodyguard , 4/10  ok if you have nothing better to watch

Informer 

Last night UK thriller.....6 episodes---I haven't viewed yet...

A young, second generation Pakistani man in East London is coerced by a Counter-Terrorism officer to go undercover and work for him.

• Like 1

Pine Gap 

Oz mystery thriller.......last night...........6 episodes

Set in the intensely secretive world of intelligence and the enigmatic US/Australia joint defence facility in central Australia, the spy-thriller Pine Gap delves into the famously strong alliance between the two countries

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Said by the Americans to be their most important military base outside USA, as it can cover all of Asia----- Edward Snowden took the gloss off of that a bit with copies of documents reveling that this facility also eavesdrops and collects information on citizens, including Oz. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2016 at 6:19 AM, JHolmesJr said:

Im a high fan of Korean films…the storytelling, acting and technical skills beat the pants off hollywood….which it seems can only do special effects really well.

Anyway this is a gem of a love story…not as mushy as Me Before You….but a more grown up and realistic look.

"A Man and A Woman".

Last night "The Spy Gone North" at the London Film Festival.

• Like 2