Farang pays 10 million baht to marry Thai boyfriend! But it's all about love!

rooster59

Kind of weird that he would pay sin sod for a guy anyway, especially such a large amount for a poor family. I think he's either massively showing off or trying to make his new "husband" appear more valuable by paying more.

But if he has the money, he can spend it how he wishes.

Edited by BangkokReady

what is the socio-economic status of the bride? is this someone that graduated top in one of the prestigious thai universities? or did an advanced degree overseas?

family pedigree?

that would matter as far as dowry goes

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Xaos said:

Is it legal to marry same sex?

It is legal to have a party and call it a marriage.

Such a marriage isn't linked to any governmental document that would afford the couple any of the legal rights of an actually legally recognized marriage.

I made the distinction because in some countries just having a same sex marriage ceremony could result in the couple being executed. 

So of course they wouldn't.

But here in Thailand world famous for "make believe" and superficial stuff, have any kind of marriage celebration that you want! I reckon that 10 million baht is mighty REAL though. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Is this guy nuts?

No, he just loves nuts ? 

Good luck to the two of them. It’s his money and his life to do what he wants. 

Edited by Tongjaw
Pressed wrong button

2 hours ago, Pawpcorn said:

Geeze, the transparent level of open homophobic bigotry, hostility and anger, clearly on display here... is a reminder to me, just why, as a gay man, I've found it SO much easier and friendly to spend my company with THAIS, both male and female, who are simply SO much friendlier and open minded about gay men and women... than we've seen, once again on open display, in this forum thread.

This goes far above and beyond the usual "it's a tough crowd" responses we get used to, on the Thai Visa Forum.

Jaw-dropping, and gut-wrenching homophobia, and in 2018, for God's sake. :shock1:

{just as I'm SURE I'll regret having voiced my feelings and opinion, as I'm sure the multitudes of flame throwers are being ignited and prepared, at the very moment}

Well, some people I suppose get joy from interjecting themselves into others' business and happiness. It is a disease of the terminally unhappy. It seems this couple is happy. Good for them. As far as the dowry is concerned, it is also none of their business. 

My wife and I just hosted my good and long-time friend and his partner last week for dinner. They have been together for ages (30+ yrs). Great friends and brilliant people. Just ignore the unhappy crowd. 

• Like 2

Of course 2 men cant get married ,. Even my 6 year old knows that . How are they going to make babies ???
They can and they do fully legally in many nations for many years. As far as children there are options in many nations for those that want children. Many straight couples have none as you know. Obviously the children won't have biological ties to both parents. So either one biological connection or none depending. It's not as if straight couples don't adopt too.

Maybe teach your children facts and not ignorance which leads to bigotry.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

All the best but you have to question why such a large dowry was given? This just makes it look like the Thai guy just married him for the dowry. The age difference is also a concern. Not wanting to sh1t on their parade but this foreign guy needs to be ready for heartbreak soon.

31224753_203568776917309_594320835214940

Why do you have to question how much dowry is paid, it’s not your money. Again why is the age difference a concern to you or anyone? If he is happy then so be it. Don’t let it spoil your early morning coffee or whatever libation you enjoy. Live and let live. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pawpcorn said:

Geeze, the transparent level of open homophobic bigotry, hostility and anger, clearly on display here... is a reminder to me, just why, as a gay man, I've found it SO much easier and friendly to spend my company with THAIS, both male and female, who are simply SO much friendlier and open minded about gay men and women... than we've seen, once again on open display, in this forum thread.

This goes far above and beyond the usual "it's a tough crowd" responses we get used to, on the Thai Visa Forum.

Jaw-dropping, and gut-wrenching homophobia, and in 2018, for God's sake. :shock1:

{just as I'm SURE I'll regret having voiced my feelings and opinion, as I'm sure the multitudes of flame throwers are being ignited and prepared, at the very moment}

its a select group of thais so much more open minded about gay men and women (ladyboys if i may add) . there a high % of thais that are phobic to westerners even to the point of semi panic. upper class gay and lesbian thai's are pretty open minded and outgoing .

i am not a sjw but everyone has the right to not feel comfortable with some other people. gays have the absolute right to also not feel comfortable with some people and vice a versa

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Going by that wonderful neanderthal comment I take it your the first in your family to walk upright ? 

No, I still haven't mastered it but never mind, I'm happy on all fours. However, I'm pretty sure that all of my family know when to use capital letters.

Edited by KhaoYai

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I don't think any woman would marry me without me paying cash, you must be considerably more hansum than me.

I paid for my tv, I paid for my internet, I paid for my car, I pay for my beer, why shouldn't I pay for my wife?

the first paid for items you cited are commodities and consumables, some would beg to differ on placing a spouse into those categories.

• Like 1