MotoGP Buriram accomodation.

Neilynick

15 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

I have same thing but thankfully mine is still readable and have taken photo.

My problem yesterday was wife went to bkk to pick up tickets and went to few places all of who didn't have any actual tickets to give her !!

They said they hadn't received them yet . But she got a message saying they were available to collect and on allticket site they are advertising loads of collection places .

bought my 4 tickets from thaiticket major not only did they charge me 4,000 baht ser charge on top of the ticket price they said they will not be sending them until 1 week before the race.:sad:

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, cooked said:

If you can recognise the Thai word for 'Resort' you'll find that there are many places around Buriram not to be found on the internet. I have never ever booked in Thailand even at holiday times and have always found something. 

Cooked is right. I would suggest going earlier for a drive, and have at look at these small Thai resorts, and even make a booking. Locate the track, and work outwards. Also would be good to know the lay of the land before GP.

52 minutes ago, Goanna said:

Cooked is right. I would suggest going earlier for a drive, and have at look at these small Thai resorts, and even make a booking. Locate the track, and work outwards. Also would be good to know the lay of the land before GP.

Maybe six months ago. Not now. 

We stay around Buriram a lot and some resorts are fully booked a year in advance for the racing.

A few weeks ago I saw a new place was being built in Phrakhon Chai called the EIREANN Boutique Hotel and they're now fully open at around 800 thb/night. Not on some of the major booking agencies and their own website is not yet finished.

Put the name into Google maps where there are 3 booking links.

Plenty of other resorts in the area and around 1 hour's drive to the circuit on the 2445. Maybe these will also charge inflated rates but a lot of places run on half capacity the rest of the time.

When I was trying to book a place back in January, a friend who lives in Buri Ram sent me the phone numbers of five resorts near to the track. I got the wife to call them and all five were fully booked. These were all resorts that didn't show up on Agoda (who are now with Booking.com).

19 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

I have same thing but thankfully mine is still readable and have taken photo.

My problem yesterday was wife went to bkk to pick up tickets and went to few places all of who didn't have any actual tickets to give her !!

They said they hadn't received them yet . But she got a message saying they were available to collect and on allticket site they are advertising loads of collection places .

Was this message sent recently? I was in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago and tried Allticket but they didn't have any then.

I went to the only collection point that they show for Khon Kaen about 2 months ago when I first noticed the ticket was fading but they said they didn't expect to get any plastic tickets until September.

As a last resort (pardon the pun) there are of course quite a few "resorts" of the "short time" variety in and around Buriram, none of which would have a website or likely even a phone but they do have quite acceptable rooms with showers etc. So I have heard, from a friend of a friend. Their rates may well spike for that period but worth a try if one is desperate.

27 minutes ago, kane666 said:

As a last resort (pardon the pun) there are of course quite a few "resorts" of the "short time" variety in and around Buriram, none of which would have a website or likely even a phone but they do have quite acceptable rooms with showers etc. So I have heard, from a friend of a friend. Their rates may well spike for that period but worth a try if one is desperate.

I checked everwhere when looking for a place for a mate from Udorn. Even the "200 baht for 2 hours" resorts. All booked.

4 hours ago, nahkit said:

Was this message sent recently? I was in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago and tried Allticket but they didn't have any then.

I went to the only collection point that they show for Khon Kaen about 2 months ago when I first noticed the ticket was fading but they said they didn't expect to get any plastic tickets until September.

Pretty sure she got it about 4- 6 weeks ago . But as someone said maybe they aren't  available till week or two before the race.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very new place that may have rooms, about 35mins from the track and you would need your own transport as there is nothing nearby.

https://goo.gl/maps/Qb1Jyw6BCh32

เคพี รีสอร์ท

Inn

388 หมู่ 7 บ้านระกา บ้านปรือ Tambon Ban Prue, Amphoe Krasang, Chang Wat Buri Ram 31160

388 หมู่ 7 บ้านระกา บ้านปรือ ตำบล บ้านปรือ อำเภอ กระสัง บุรีรัมย์ 31160

facebook.com

061 956 5622

Plastic tickets became available last Friday at 35 selected outlets including many 7/11s. Details are on the All Tickets web site. https://www.allticket.com/findex.html?d=1528107439683  

Click on Sport then Racing then Motogp - scroll down to the bottom of the page.

RE: Accommodation. As pointed out previously by a few members, there is virtually nothing left in close proximity to the track. I posted the following on another thread ............

"There is accommodation still available. However, it is not cheap.

2 examples -

3 bedroom fully furnished low set house with air-con - 6 km from the track - 25K Baht for 3 nights sleeps up to 6 people

2 bedroom condo also fully furnished with air-con - 4 km from the track - 20K baht for 3 nights sleeps up to 4 people

Longer stay is available in both."

These are available at the moment, but even at those prices, I doubt will last much longer.

Edited by Thai Chi