Video: Who's in the wrong? Poster suggests injustice at hands of the police

snoop1130

Video: Who's in the wrong? Poster suggests injustice at hands of the police

561000005665501.JPEG

CCTV from Muang district of Trang showed the moment a female motorcyclist was severely injured in a collision.

She is heading towards the camera on the left of the roadway when a motorcycle driven by a man cuts right in front of her.

This causes her to take evasive action and lose control. She then smashes head first into an approaching minivan.

She lived but her hospital and repair bills came to 35,000 baht.

Her boyfriend went on the popular site Mem Pho Dam on Facebook to say that the male motorcyclist was a volunteer and friend of the cops.

The police had sided with him and said that both sides were at fault. 

But the boyfriend called for justice for his girlfriend saying it was none of her doing. 

Source: https://mgronline.com/onlinesection/detail/9610000054342

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-6-1

38 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Is it so hard for TV to post direct links to these videos so that all TV members can see them?

The video works fine from a pc browser (Firefox)..I don't have Facebook either.

6 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Her fault if he was indicating

Was taught in the uk by an advanced police rider a thing he called 'the last second life saver,' it's just a quick look over your left shoulder before you make the last move on a left turn and of course right shoulder on a right turn.

• Like 1

The injured lady was undertaking - she is at fault. 

The injured lady was unable to control or motorcycle and brake after the initial impact - she is at fault. 

The Guy turning left did not check before making the manouvre - he is also at fault. (Did he indicate? it I can't tell).

In a rare example, the only person not at fault if the van driver. 

Noting another positive, the guy on the bike did not flee the scene. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, retell said:

clearly the guy making the turn should have been on the left side of the lane not all the way to the right , having his flasher on is something people half the time forgot to turn off ,looks more like he is going for a right turn and decided he want to go left at the last moment

That's what most of them do. Swirl to the right to make a left turn, to lazy to turn the steering wheel in the car.

Only don't understand why on a motorbike do the same , maybe doesn't see or  know better ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

That's what most of them do. Swirl to the right to make a left turn, to lazy to turn the steering wheel in the car.

Only don't understand why on a motorbike do the same , maybe doesn't see or  know better ?

the turning bike was on the wrong side of the lane to turn left, the lady passing on the inside at speed was the bigger problem IMHO

C, MON guys we see this every day, this is my pet hate here, people riding scooters with indicators left on, i pull up alongside, (any biker knows the sign to make) they look across at me, and think <deleted> why is this guy making that sign at me (open/closed clenched fist), i can get on my bike now and can bet you a million , before i reach the end of beach road in Jomtien i will have seen at least a couple of riders with indicators left on, just too <deleted> lazy  lets have survey go out today and see how many you can count, its driving without due care and attention, oh silly me this is Thailand

1 hour ago, johng said:

The video works fine from a pc browser (Firefox)..I don't have Facebook either.

Strange, I was about to post how 90% of the videos no longer load for me when I use Firefox, if I want to watch one I have to use Chrome. Used to be fine in Firefox up until about a month or so ago. Must be something specific to my laptop then rather than a Firefox bug.

8 hours ago, retell said:

clearly the guy making the turn should have been on the left side of the lane not all the way to the right , having his flasher on is something people half the time forgot to turn off ,looks more like he is going for a right turn and decided he want to go left at the last moment

Your spot on, this the exact thing that happened to my late brother back in Oz, guy was stopped in one lane, talking to another car driver who was also stopped going in the opposite direction, mates who knew each other.

My brother was behind and saw the car stopped in the middle of the road (right lane), no hazzard lights or indicators and went to the left lane to pass, as he was passing the car turned left without a blinker, hitting my brother with the cars front guard and sending him though a shops front plate glass window, but not before he was thrown legs first into a no standing sign, the hit into the pole spinning him around and then with force through the glass window.

He broke two discs in his back, his tibia, two arms and never fully recovered, i.e. he was constantly in pain, his tibia and arms had steel rods put in, the tibia one kept snapping or breaking and was replaced 13 times as my brother had some weight.

The police charged the P plate driver for failing to put on an indicator and stopping in the middle of the road, thankfully there were witnesses, but that didn't stop them taking the matter to court trying to put the blame on my brother for overtaking in the left lane, that failed didn't it, my brother got a big payout, i.e. enough to by a basic house in a basic suburb, but couldn't work, although the government said he could, so he couldn't get a disability pension, the years that followed with pain made him take his own life through excessive drinking to numb his pain.

Sorry for the rant, but the bike to the right is without question at fault, that said, the female who went down, should have slowed when she saw the bike stopped, because you just never know what he person in front of you is going to do, as was the case here. 

As for the cost, I always thought Thai's has a medical system where they were all covered, like Medicare back in Australia, can someone correct me on this please.

Edited by 4MyEgo

2 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

The one who smashed into the minivan.
Shouldn't takeover left from the other motorbike.

Motobikes drive like water flows...if there's an opening you go there..

The other driver suddenly cut her off, you don't make sharp moves like that in Thailand, nobody does.

So it's his fault.

• Like 1

The lady who crashed was mostly at fault but the left turning guy should also have made one more check before turning. If the guy who was turning left was in a car with the indicator on, most would say it was the woman's fault so same applies.  I felt the mini van should have spotted this one earlier than he did too but it would have been difficult for him to avoid the bike veering towards him.

14 minutes ago, alien365 said:

I'll have to remember that next time I see someone indicating left that it's safe to undertake them because a driving instructor for cars, buses hgv1 and tracked vehicles says so... 

T junction at the end the street where my soi is I see cars/motorbikes going both directions, some with indicators flashing, some without, some turn some don't. Some flash indicators to let you know they're there or maybe to turn, who knows?

I ignore all indicators on other vehicles here 100% and wait until I have space to turn left or right at the T.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Was taught in the uk by an advanced police rider a thing he called 'the last second life saver,' it's just a quick look over your left shoulder before you make the last move on a left turn and of course right shoulder on a right turn.

Agreed, I did an advanced rider course in Australia and they definitely emphasized defensive riding there as well. Its something lacking here and other places that i have lived. The riding style here is to never look over your shoulder and to rely on those behind taking action. Not smart for anyone.