Bangkok Bank ATM debit card

Hello, I have used my debit visa card some times for online payments in Thailand  without problems. (Nokair, Thai Lion air)

yesterday I tried to transfer money to my crypto exchange account and I could not complete this transaction. are there any restriction for this use.

do I need a legit credit card? thanks for help

5 hours ago, uli65 said:

yesterday I tried to transfer money to my crypto exchange account

If I knew what this is.

Can you enlighten the unknowing?

Does it look like an account "abroad"?

Edited by KhunBENQ

yes it is an account abroad,  I talked  with my bank this morning. I got the standard answer that everything is ok with my card.  I will try to get real credit card but I am not sure they will offer me? or i change to another bank? any ideas

1 minute ago, uli65 said:

I will try to get real credit card but I am not sure they will offer me?

Unless you are working you are unlikely to get a credit card from any Thai bank unless you place a deposit equivalent to the credit limit in a security account.

At least that type of card "should" work for your overseas transactions.

5 hours ago, uli65 said:

yes it is an account abroad,  I talked  with my bank this morning. I got the standard answer that everything is ok with my card.  I will try to get real credit card but I am not sure they will offer me? or i change to another bank? any ideas

So, you were basically trying to transfer funds out of Thailand.    Basically that's a no-can-do.   Bank of Thailand has strict regulations on outflow of funds which all Thai banks must follow.   

Now if your transaction is seen as a "purchase" that's a different story....can do.  But your transaction is most likely being seen as a transfer of funds to a foreign account.   Even an ATM withdrawal would have been allowed as that that is a cash transfer into "your" hands versus into a foreign account.

• Like 1