Data Outlook Express

sothex

How can we put the data from Outlook Express in Windows 98 to our new operating system Windows XP.

We make a copy data Outlook Express (DBX-file) but can't open in Windows XP.

How can give advise what to do ?

We make a copy data Outlook Express (DBX-file) but can't open in Windows XP.

Try using the File, Import option in your new copy of Outlook Express and check the various options you have available there for file types to import.

If you still have access to the old Outlook version use the file export option to save as coma delimeted file and then you should be able to import that into the new copy of Outlook Express.

Good Luck!

I do not like and I do not use Outlook Express, the older and the newer versions are not fully compatible....

It is better, you install OUTLOOK2000 on the old computer, and it will import the outlook express data easily....

Then from OUTLOOK 2000 export all as PST-files....

PST files can be easily imported again into OUTLOOK 2000 in the other computer...

Outlook Express is like a freeware, and the way, how it is managing the database, is very poor.

Change to OUTLOOK2000 or higher version, and you will see, it is working much better...never back again to Outlook Express....

Johann

I do not like and I do not use Outlook Express, the older and the newer versions are not fully compatible....

It is better, you install OUTLOOK2000 on the old computer, and it will import the outlook express data easily....

Then from OUTLOOK 2000 export all as PST-files....

PST files can be easily imported again into OUTLOOK 2000 in the other computer...

Outlook Express is like a freeware, and the way, how it is managing the database, is very poor.

Change to OUTLOOK2000 or higher version, and you will see, it is working much better...never back again to Outlook Express....

Johann

I DO like but do NOT USE Outlook. I recently upgraded my lap top from Windows 98SE to Windows XP and TRIED to use Outlook XP for my email. Outlook was the product I used for 15 years when I used to work in England because it had lots of good features, especially for an office, networked environment.

BUT, on my lap top it ground to a halt when I added my 2nd email account and kept giving an error message concerning a "time out" of a connection to a server. I searched the internet and found many references to this error message but no resolutions. I tried for a few days to get Outlook to get my mail from more than one account, but I gave up and returned to OE.

I made many notes about what I did when upgrading from W98 to WXP, but most of these notes were about problems with activating products and the blaster virus (MUST turn on the XP firewall!). I have no notes about importing old Outlook Express messages into the upgraded system because it was so straightforward. I DO have one note: "Upgrade all programs" which I think was an option that the XP upgrade process gave, so that is what I did.

Look at "File/Import/Messages..." in OE - you can import from OE 4 or OE 6. I remember making a note of the number of messages in some large folders and checking that the same number were present after the XP upgrade and found no problems.

To mis-quote Yohan: "Change to Outlook Express and you will see, it is working much better...never back again to Outlook....