Grounds for concern over school initiation ceremony

webfact

5 hours ago, realfunster said:

Classic bit of Thai communication/culture here.

It simply wouldn’t do to directly criticize the authorities concerned or the ceremonial aspect, so they come up with this ground dwelling ‘mega-death’ bacteria angle instead. 

Spot on. Well said, this is certainly the truth that Thai society dare not utter.

Unintelligent behaviour in a 3rd world country. Who is honestly surprised?

+++

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Please tell us all which schools, colleges and universities in the west are involved in something like this?

This is NOT Thai bashing, this is about hazing in Thailand,

Are you aware that several students have died in the past few years due to hazing?

http://time.com/5071813/fraternity-hazing-deaths-2017/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BobbyL said:

These silly initiations may happen to frat boys in the mighty US of A, but show me any western institute where this type of crap is going on openly within its grounds for all to see? 

It happened a lot in the Netherlands as well (own experience as well). I think it still does. 

https://www.iamexpat.nl/education/education-news/dutch-fraternities-criticised-after-start-new-school-year

Edited by Cheops
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JAG said:

I would be equally critical of this sort of thing wherever in the world it occurred, as I suspect would the vast majority on here.

Condemning it is not Thai bashing.

In fact I would suggest that condoning on the grounds that it also happens in western countries is far more harmful to Thailand, and certainly displays very low expectations of their society.

Sent from under my rock using...

I was not talking about condemning the hazing, since I think we can agree that hazing is bad and should be stopped. 

I think this sentence was not needed:

They do their best to keep Thailand as a Third World Country  . . . . . .