Melania Trump's jacket mixes message during visit to detained immigrant children

webfact

What a completely clueless bunch.  Why are they teaching them about USA Independence Day if they are getting rid of them?

They forgot to mention about these heroic people are budgeted almost 600 million dollars to take care of all of these kids, shipped around many parts of the USA.  

6 hours ago, bannork said:

I expect Donald hurriedly wrote the message on her jacket whilst Melania was in the shower.

Yes, the old school boy prank, DT should have his hash tag changed to #REALLY DONT CARE DO U

Beyond belief.  Is Melania Trump simply ignorant?  Why in the name of hell would the first lady of the US choose to wear a jacket with  a message that could be interpreted for what it actually says in a visit to a children's detention facility when most Americans and the rest of the World are highly critical of separation of children from their parents?  Did not one of her many aides not say to Melania- you may want to reconsider wearing that jacket due to where your are going?

It  boggles my mind that something like this could happen even if she indeed does not care. Or could it be, that she really doesn't care or she did it on purpose to tell Donald she doesn't care about him and his Presidency.

Trump is on a downward spiral. Once the elections are held in November 2018 and the Dems regain control of the House- he will be impeached and if the Dems get control of the Senate- he could well be gone. He won't go easily- he will cause much damage on the way out.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

From President Trump's Twitter account, he explained what the message meant. 

“I REALLY DON’T CARE, DO U?” written on the back of Melania’s jacket, refers to the Fake News Media. Melania has learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares!"

Well said Mr Trump. I suspected it might have been to do with icon of the progressives Peter Fonda wanting Barron Trump kidnapped and put in a cage with pedophiles, but no, apparently it was all to do with the boring fake news.

I agree ,and when she got at the top of the stairs of air force one,she should of flipped the  deranged media off

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

“I REALLY DON’T CARE, DO U?” written on the back of Melania’s jacket, refers to the Fake News Media. Melania has learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares!"

Well said Mr Trump. I suspected it might have been to do with icon of the progressives Peter Fonda wanting Barron Trump kidnapped and put in a cage with pedophiles, but no, apparently it was all to do with the boring fake news.

I suspect the message was to Trump himself concerning their marriage.  She has been humiliated enough by the moron.

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

I suspect the message was to Trump himself concerning their marriage. 

I'm leaning this way, although it's so hard to get a read on her. Her eyes, from which we take a lot of cues, seem like narrow slits and incredibly vacant.

And, I honestly cannot understand what she says when she speaks (English). (Yes, I know she and he handlers claim fluency in some five, six or a dozen languages, but I believe "fluency" means "bonjour", French, check.) And I grew up understanding Natasha on Rocky & Bullwinkle.

So yeah, I'm thinking the message was meant for her husband, and his cackling minions (Stephen Miller), and maybe even Senior Presidential Advisor Ivanka Trump (a rival for her husband's affection), whom she has come to realize are heartless beasts.

I do not believe it was a message meant to comment on the fake news. More like a hostage/kidnapping video?

• Like 2

Fascist fashion?

"Interrogating Melania Trump’s Statement Jacket and its Fast-Fashion Fascism

As all the world ought to forever remember, the White House has predicated a national disgrace in its treatment of migrant children. On Thursday, Melania Trump did her part to freshen up this self-evident tragedy by making a costume choice out of the theatre of the absurd. Embarking on the charade of a visit a children’s detention center in McAllen, Texas, the First Lady arrived at Andrews Air Force Base wearing a military-style jacket, somewhere between olive and army-green in color, somewhat resembling an M-51 fishtail parka in style, with white text scrawled across its back: “i really don’t care do u?”"

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-appearances/interrogating-melania-trumps-statement-jacket-and-its-fast-fashion-fascism

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Is it possible this was a coordinated troll by her husband? Go and do a show but wear the jacket as a coded message to his perverted racist base that actually loves the separations?

I don't think so, her earlier publicly disagreement with this policy tells me she honestly doesn't agree and felt strongly enough to speak out.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't think so, her earlier publicly disagreement with this policy tells me she honestly doesn't agree and felt strongly enough to speak out.
Perhaps but her job is still to support potus. So by visiting and wearing the cheeky jacket she can do both. Midterms coming. He needs to energize his racism energized base.

14 hours ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Doesn't matter what she wears, as the opposition will find any excuse to beat anyone connected to POTUS.

However, she needs a change of advisors, as anyone should be able to see how the opposition would spin this. 

Now imagine if anyone in Trumps family said they want young children molested by paedophiles, and a woman pilloried naked, what would the MSM be saying?

It's obvious to any reasonable person that the message referred to the messages from such as Peter Fonda.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Perhaps but her job is still to support potus. So by visiting and wearing the cheeky jacket she can do both. Midterms coming. He needs to energize his racism energized base.

If the meeting he just held in Minnesota is any indication, the base is plenty energised. They probably get more energised every time the opposition call Melania disgusting names and call for Trump's children to be molested. If the opposition keeps it up, they'll be energising the GOP into increasing seats in the house in November.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the meeting he just held in Minnesota is any indication, the base is plenty energised. They probably get more energised every time the opposition call Melania disgusting names and call for Trump's children to be molested. If the opposition keeps it up, they'll be energising the GOP into increasing seats in the house in November.

Minnesota,huh?

I've been to Minnesota...geez it's cold.

Just goes to show her level of intelligence isn't any better than the clown she married. Who the <deleted> in their right mind would wear something like that going to the location she was?? She should have known better! She's as bright as a mothball.

And BTW, was it really necessary to wear a jacket to the border of Texas & Mexico in June? The temperature was 33C (feels like 47)!

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Silurian said:

The fact that Melania married and stays married to that racist, misogynist con artist says it all. Everything else is just confirmation of exactly who and what she really is.

I find it interesting Melania Trump's country of origin policies, so far as I know, are never mentioned by the Trump Administration or that US journalists seem to stay well clear of researching the matter. e.g. Visegrad Group very hard line policies towards asylum seekers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2018 at 9:20 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Doesn't matter what she wears, as the opposition will find any excuse to beat anyone connected to POTUS.

However, she needs a change of advisors, as anyone should be able to see how the opposition would spin this. 

Now imagine if anyone in Trumps family said they want young children molested by paedophiles, and a woman pilloried naked, what would the MSM be saying?

It's obvious to any reasonable person that the message referred to the messages from such as Peter Fonda.

You are smoking some really weird s**t. 

Everyone is just making too much of this, it wasn't a message, it wasn't a fashion statement it was just another example of the stupidity of this administration....there was no one in the White House that was willing to tell the empress that she was wearing the wrong clothes