White House press secretary says asked to leave restaurant for working for Trump

rooster59

1 hour ago, FreddieRoyle said:

The intolerant left have finally slid into full on fascism. This is disgusting, unfortunately there is no real way to deal with their hate. In a fair world the democrats would be banned from politics for a decade, until they learn to respect democratic elections. And fake media (such as Time magazine with their recent nonsense hate mongering cover, and CNN that won many of Trumps fake news awards) would be immediately shut down.

I had thought this sort of hate crime would happen after the horrific media coverage of all things Trump, while totally ignoring the fact he is acting in our best interests. His gargantuan achievements like bringing peace to the Korean peninsula, helping the poor get back into the workforce, and tackling fair trade are glossed over, leading to certain gullible sectors of the population going crazy without fully understanding why. 

Who started refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple?

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Press secretary? you mean the president's liar .

Why anyone would attend any of these prese conferences is beyond me, she never answers any questions truthfully.

If indeed this happen (who believes anything she says) , she was treated with the same respect she treats the American people. 

1 hour ago, Credo said:

Well, it couldn't happen to a more deserving person.   

As far as the wedding cake analogy, it's really not quite the same.   Those people couldn't change the fact that they are gay.   She, however, can decide to quit lying and change her political stance on things.

But it's probably best they left, I heard they were all out possum and squirrel on the menu anyway.   

It is very simple. As a reporter, you attend these "press conferences" to see what lies are being told. By being lies they indicate where the truth might lie.

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

If a baker can refuse to serve someone because of the religious belief against homosexuality, why shouldn't someone have the same right to not serve someone because they are liars?

As pointed out  Lying it is prohibited in the 10 commandments where homosexuality is not.  

Do you agree that people should have the right to refuse to serve others because of their Religious or Political beliefs ?

(the 10 commandants is completely irrelevant )

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Yet you are intolerant of other people having different ideas to you, that is exactly what you have just expressed. Say's it all really.

There is a difference between intolerance and disagreement. At least there used to be.

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

In the thread about U.S soldiers remains  being sent back from N.K.

I quoted you, so, you would have seen it

So you quote him on this thread because you didn't get a reply on another thread. Off topic.

Fyi, quotes are not necessarily seen, you can change this in settings. I have done so to avoid imo unnecessary notifications.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

The burning question is:

Where did she go to sate her appetite and slake her thirst? Or did she have to call Domino's for a buy-two-get-one-free delivery?

Sadly there is always Chick-fil-A... :coffee1:

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

It is quite astonishing that she chose to name the restaurant at a media conference.They hardly had a right of reply at that particular moment,did they?

She did a tweet , it wasnt a "press conference" and the restaurant was given an opportunity to reply , but didnt .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Why don't you read what I was replying to.

Tried that; it didn't help.  Here it is:

1803499590_intoleranceofideas.PNG.f627a721e5f5604ecf161a2a17fae836.PNG

You replied to the statement: "Intolerance against intolerance is a virtue."  Is intolerance the "idea" you claim we should not be intolerant of?  Then why not simply say you disagree with the person you quoted? 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

She did a tweet , it wasnt a "press conference" and the restaurant was given an opportunity to reply , but didnt .

Yes, a tweet, but no, the opportunity to reply came from the media, not from her.

But of course the restaurant could reply on twitter.

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You are correct and I apologize for misreading the article.

Sure it was a "tweet" from the presidents press secretary.I sure love governing by "tweets" and I guess that the restaurant could have gotten into a tweeting war with her,why not?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I don't have television so I don't get Fox news. Wasn't Charlottesville where Antifa showed up with weapons to show their tolerance of opinions?

So Beitbart and InfoWars then. Here are those "opinions" I suppose you share:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Watchful said:

Red Hen is demonstrating just another liberal case of TDS. Nothing really special here.

The only interesting part of this is what happens to the Red Hen. I mean when Trump supporters stop eat at Red Hen.  Do they really think those limousine liberals would be caught dead eating their greasy chicken?

I wholeheartedly agree with you that the connection between greasy chicken eaters and Trump supporters is an apt one, and many of them likely have been caught dead after eating their greasy chicken.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

I completely done with conversations about "liars" , its getting absurd now , I just seem to talk about whether people are liars or not .

I need to get some fresh air

"Is Donald Trump a liar? Maybe not — and that’s when it really gets scary

Trump clearly understood that he possessed a certain dark gift: He could tap into a deep current of popular rage and discord — at least in a certain proportion of the population — and channel it for his own purposes.   People want to believe that their prejudices and preconceptions are justified, and that they are not evil or delusional for feeling as they do. Feed that, nurture it and encourage it, and they will follow you. "

https://www.salon.com/2018/06/23/is-donald-trump-a-liar-maybe-not-and-thats-when-it-really-gets-scary/

Sorry, get a break    now that you know

Edited by Opl

Tried that; it didn't help.  Here it is:

1803499590_intoleranceofideas.PNG.f627a721e5f5604ecf161a2a17fae836.PNG

You replied to the statement: "Intolerance against intolerance is a virtue."  Is intolerance the "idea" you claim we should not be intolerant of?  Then why not simply say you disagree with the person you quoted? 
Intolerance is not an idea

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

If people in the Trump states have the right to refuse service to gays, then people have the right to refuse service to liars. After all, one is a commandment in the bible and one is not, so you can't get away with using a biblical excuse. 'Thou shalt not bear false witness".

Who refused service to gays?

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Who started refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple?

Would you support making a muslim baker make one for Jews. black baker making for KKK, or Jewish baker for Nazis?