Ok. Home snake alert. What is it to be sure?

holy cow cm

Ok. I have one rule. If I cannot identify it as friendly and on my property, I kill it as have family. Outside of that they can do what ever they want. The other live one got away but I also found these hatched eggs. Who can tell me what it is? 

Thank you,

IMG_2028.JPG

BWRG2062.JPG

• Sad 2

may be true, but the designs on the head are not the same

maybe a Keeled Rat snake 

golden tree snakes are a little bit venomous but not for humans

Edited by Aforek
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aforek said:

may be true, but the draws on the head are not the same

maybe a Keeled Rat snake 

goldentree snake are a little bit venimous 

That's' kind of what I thought or an Indo China rat snake, but the eggs are as big as my thumb and 4.5cm long x 2cm cm wide so momma must have been a pretty good size to kick out 7 of them. So the little darlings are slithering around in my walled in property. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Golden tree snake for sure,pity you had to kill them,

as beautiful and harmless.

regards Worgeordie

Are you sure? No pictures really match up to a reference of that. do you have a one that is close to my pics?. No worries so far, I only killed the one. The rest are slithering around my wall borders somewhere. Are they poisonous? Only way into my property is that they would have to climb a 8 ft wall. Possible?

Just now, holy cow cm said:

Are you sure? No pictures really match up to a reference of that. do you have a one that is close to my pics?. No worries so far, I only killed the one. The rest are slithering around my wall borders somewhere. Are they poisonous? Only way into my property is that they would have to climb a 8 ft wall. Possible?

Yes sure,I have seen one "fly" from one building to another, your wall would not be an obstacle,

they mostly live in trees,and eat frogs ,and lizards,and are very fast,get out of the way quickly

only very mildly venomous,like a bee sting at most. 

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Yes sure,I have seen one "fly" from one building to another, your wall would not be an obstacle,

they mostly live in trees,and eat frogs ,and lizards,and are very fast,get out of the way quickly

only very mildly venomous,like a bee sting at most. 

regards worgeordie

Yes, it is either a Keel rat snake as it more resembles this one, or could be as you say a Golden tree snake. I will leave the rest of the 6 alone and shoo them out if they get in my way. Thank you everyone. 

• Thanks 1

If it is a keeled rat snake then the body shape even in the young , fairly triangular. It is difficult to tell from the picture.  Markings on the golden tree snakes differ a lot. Some hardly have any stripes and some are very pronounced in the stripes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Are you sure? No pictures really match up to a reference of that. do you have a one that is close to my pics?. 

I don't pretend I am right, I just looked in " thailand snakes " which is  written in " Get the book" , on the right of this site https://www.thailandsnakes.com/thailand-snhttps://www.thailandsnakes.com/thailand-snake-notes/most-common-snakes/ake-notes/most-common-snakes/

I know "golden tree snakes, " but your snake has no design above it's head, " golden tree snakes " have beautiful colours ; but may be I am wrong because cmsally says the colours differ a lot ; let's say it's " golden tree snake " 

Edited by Aforek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its often difficult to tell especially young ones. Although unless the picture is magnified I am wondering whether indeed they might be rat snakes. Because I have seen many newly hatched golden tree snakes and they don't look that big. But it maybe because the picture is magnified so the scale is a bit confusing.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:42 PM, Aforek said:

I don't pretend I am right, I just looked in " thailand snakes " which is  written in " Get the book" , on the right of this site https://www.thailandsnakes.com/thailand-snhttps://www.thailandsnakes.com/thailand-snake-notes/most-common-snakes/ake-notes/most-common-snakes/

I know "golden tree snakes, " but your snake has no design above it's head, " golden tree snakes " have beautiful colours ; but may be I am wrong because cmsally says the colours differ a lot ; let's say it's " golden tree snake " 

Also resembled an Indo Chinese rat snake. What ever it is the momma must have been 2 meters or so as 7 eggs all big thumb size were a lot.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2018 at 1:31 PM, worgeordie said:

Golden tree snake for sure,pity you had to kill them,

as beautiful and harmless.

regards Worgeordie

it  isnt a golden  tree  snake

On 7/26/2018 at 1:27 PM, holy cow cm said:

That's' kind of what I thought or an Indo China rat snake, but the eggs are as big as my thumb and 4.5cm long x 2cm cm wide so momma must have been a pretty good size to kick out 7 of them. So the little darlings are slithering around in my walled in property. 

I really would not worry about them at all, if  they see you they will "run" faster than u can, I have one here about 2  metres, when it sees me boy is it off like a shot

5 minutes ago, kannot said:

I really would not worry about them at all, if  they see you they will "run" faster than u can, I have one here about 2  metres, when it sees me boy is it off like a shot

I don't . Just like to have them identified. We live by water so snakes are a part of life sometimes. It is just a little freaky when you also cache of hatched eggs in your walled in property. 

6 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

If you use FacePlant, there's a very good group with knowledgeable Mods and members on there called Snakes of Issan.  Post a photo, the responses are quick and accurate. 

They also have pages for other locations, Pattaya, etc. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1076644525809817/

The Issan snake facebook page will redirect your question to the Chiang Mai snake facebook page.

They don't appreciate 'out of area' posters.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121136308469728/about/

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

I don't . Just like to have them identified. We live by water so snakes are a part of life sometimes. It is just a little freaky when you also cache of hatched eggs in your walled in property. 

Id  find  that really interesting personally.