Can a tenant fill out TM30 form?

I'm on a SETV, and am planning to head down to Jomtein immigration to extend for 30 days.

I'm staying at condo I rented for 3 months on Airbnb.

I have the rental contract, and residency letter from the condo. I've only become aware of the TM30 requirement.

My question is..can i fill this form out myself at immigration, or does the landlord need to do it? 

The reason I ask, is that the landlord is currently overseas.

Thanks.

Yes, I have before. You can turn it in with a power of attorney form. However how are you going to get him to sign it? You also need a copy of his ID card front and back, and copy of his house book showing the correct address.  All copies need to be signed by him. 

Edited by vinegarbase

7 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

Yes, I have before. You can turn it in with a power of attorney form. However how are you going to get him to sign it? You also need a copy of his ID card front and back, and copy of his house book showing the correct address.  All copies need to be signed by him. 

Jomtien does not ask for a power of attorney to do the report.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Jomtien does not ask for a power of attorney to do the report.

Thanks Ubonjoe, I wasn't sure about Jomtien but I thought I would put it out there because I have been made to turn in the power of attorney as well at other immigration offices.

Jomtien.jpg

Edited by vinegarbase

5 minutes ago, vinegarbase said:

Thanks Ubonjoe, I wasn't sure about Jomtien but I thought I would put it out there because I have been made to turn in the power of attorney as well at other immigration offices.

As far as I know Phuket is the only one asking for a power of attorney.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as I know Phuket is the only one asking for a power of attorney.

Chachoengsao has before depending on the officer. Sometimes they may even demand the POA only be from another Thai person if the landlord can't do it. 

Edited by vinegarbase

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A passport is an ID.

Is the owner Thai or foreign?

The owner is German (I think he's back in Germany, but I can't get hold of him)

I have the rental agreement,

Letter of residence from the condo management,

Copy of owners passport

Thanks for the reply.

OP, the TM30 says in its title

image.png.301f2eb6cbb93187b8e13edc59e74b38.png

I had always taken this to be self explanatory, you as the possessor can sign. In theory anyway as it comes down to the local office.

image.png

16 hours ago, ExpatDraco said:

Yes, tenant can fill in the form with the rental contract. Just declare you are the renter. No need for the owner ID copies, blue books or whatever in Jomtien.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Are you quite sure about this? I just picked up a TM30 form at Jomtien and they gave me a small piece of paper with the requirements printed on it.

copies of:

1) Passport Data page (front page)

2) Arrival Stamp page

3) Visa Page

4) Departure card

5) Rent Contract

6) House Registration (Blue Book)

7) ID card of the owner.

My question is that if one can't get ahold of the House Book and the ID of the owner (as is the case with the OP) do they just fine you the 1600THB fine and it's done or what??

Edited by likerdup1

4 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

7) ID card of the owner.

You only need signed copies of those not the originals.

If you could not get what is needed then you would not be able to do anything at immigration until you were able do submit the TM30 form.

8 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Are you quite sure about this? I just picked up a TM30 for and they gave me a small piece of paper with the requirements printed on it.

copies of:

1) Passport Data page (front page)

2) Arrival Stamp page

3) Visa Page

4) Departure card

5) Rent Contract

7) ID card of the owner.

My question is that if one can't get ahold of the House Book and the ID of the owner (as is the case with the OP) do they just fine you the 1600THB fine and it's done or what??

I'm pretty sure I didn't had the Blue book and a copy of the ID card of the owner because I still don't have them. I just explained to them I was the renter (copy of rent contract). I also filled the TM30 (both pages) with my data and they accepted that.

Last time, when I came back from abroad, I also lost my departure card and they didn't care.

But as always, things can rather change quickly here in Thailand. ?

Edited by ExpatDraco
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you could not get what is needed then you would not be able to do anything at immigration until you were able do submit the TM30 form.

Of course copies UJ. ?

What do you mean you could not do anything?

I have seen people getting fined if their address is not verified in the system or the  "receipt of notification"  has not been done and they are trying to get a Visa extension of permission to stay. After paying the fine they then get the extension.

Edited by likerdup1

10 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

I have seen people getting fined if their address is not verified in the system or the  "receipt of notification"  has not been done and they are trying to get a Visa extension of permission to stay. After paying the fine they then get the extension.

I seen posts of people being turned away if they did not have the receipt for the report in their passport when the were applying for an extension.

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Ok. Like I said earlier, I can't get hold of the condo owner, so I can't get a signed copy of the house book.

So I assume i won't be able to register the TM30 form.

Plan B -

If I book into a hotel for a couple of nights, presumably they will register me online.

Can I then go to immigration and extend my tourist visa?

I did this last week.

They will, at Jomtien, currently, always go for the landlord. They don't like tenants filling out their own TM30 any more. They were good with it 6 months ago but not now. They will ask you when you arrived at that specific address in Chonburi. (I can think of a smart answer to that and it's not "59 days ago"). They will phone up the landlord and tell him/her to come down and pay the fine of 1600 Baht if there is no TM30 receipt in the passport and nothing in their TM30 database.

The hotel idea should work around that. Prior to that, you were staying in Bangkok, weren't you.

Update: Today I successfully submitted a TM.30. at Chonburi (Jomtien) Immigration and got my receipt of registration stapled in my passport. No fine or trouble doing it.

I did NOT have to supply a copy of the Tabien Baan (House Book), nor did I supply a copy of the owners ID.

I had my condo buildings office staff fill out the TM30 and they also supplied me with a formal letter stating that I occupied the condo.

I brought

1) my filled out TM30 by condo building office staff

2) The formal signed letter by condo office staff that I reside in the condo

3) My rental lease agreement

4) The usual passport copies they want with most all transactions.

5) I was there on time - within 24 hours of the date on my lease agreement.

I submitted the TM30 at Desk 10 on time (today) which is the start day on my lease agreement and was given the receipt of registration stapled in my passport with NO FINE or any trouble.

In one month I will apply for my extension of permission to stay on my Non Immigrant "O" Visa for the purpose of retirement using the address I submitted today on my TM30 form and the (TM7), bank letters and document copies required for the extension of permission to stay for purpose of retirement.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Like 1

In the situation where you have the rental contract with the copy of the owner I.d and the owner is not available,  you have no choice to let the officer know it's impossible to do it any other way than have the Tennant as the housemaster. If rejected Then you will have to move out and find a new place to stay,  maybe angering the Thai landlord in which case the Thai landlord would head to immigration to complain I would think . 

If the landlord is falang,  then the officer will smile.

Edited by stud858

On 8/7/2018 at 3:00 PM, ExpatDraco said:

I'm pretty sure I didn't had the Blue book and a copy of the ID card of the owner because I still don't have them. I just explained to them I was the renter (copy of rent contract). I also filled the TM30 (both pages) with my data and they accepted that.

Last time, when I came back from abroad, I also lost my departure card and they didn't care.

But as always, things can rather change quickly here in Thailand. ?

Thanks Draco. I live fairly close to Chonburri immigration so I gave it a try with the documents I had and no problem. Thanks for mentioning you didn't need all that stuff. Funny, the gals at the reception desk at Chonburri handed me a small slip of paper with all these required documents and the IO didn't say I needed them. She just asked me "what you want to do". I said. "I change room" in Thai. She smiled and stamped the date and official stamp etc.. and stapled the receipt in my passport. Problem solved.

• Like 1