UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

10 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Your missing the point 1 million people plus march against stop the iraq war and Tony Blair and Alastair Campbell didn't take a blind bit on notice,

What does the Iraq war have to do with Brexit?

There are some reports that some of the groups attending today's march have received funding from the EU.

Now the EU could disapprove these reports by publishing their Accounts

I wouldnt give a damn or publish my accounts just because someone reports something. Would you?

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I wouldnt give a damn or publish my accounts just because someone reports something. Would you?

The point is over 1 million people took part in a March and Tony Blair and Alastair Campbell  just ignored them 

There is a difference between a  private individual accounts and a taxpayer funding organisation taxpayer which should publish their accounts unless they have something to hide

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

The point is over 1 million people took part in a March and Tony Blair and Alastair Campbell  just ignored them 

There is a difference between a  private individual accounts and a taxpayer funding organisation taxpayer which should publish their accounts unless they have something to hide

Parliament takes the decisions.

A significant number of MPs will vote in favour of Brexit, even though they know it's a ridiculous idea, just because they fear not agreeing with a majority of their constituents.

That is quite wrong; they should vote according to their true feelings.

If, as I suspect, another referendum votes remain, MPs will stop Brexit in its tracks and never ask the population for their opinion on anything. Ever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

YES! Great turnout!

I hope that gives MPs pause 

I wonder how many attended Farage's Harrogate pro Brexit bash? He's obviously going for the youth vote!

I wonder if they got enough for a table at Betty's?

Did you hear Any Answers on Radio 4? Where does the BBC find these awful people?! These contributors (patients?) give Brexiters a bad name and that's saying something ????

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Some of the groups may have received funding. But that's not the same thing as the EU funding these marches.

check again

I see you received €350,000 from the EU. Your ‘movement’ is nothing but an EU propaganda arm.

https://twitter.com/euromove/status/1048604034008043520

I see you received a €300,000 bung from the EU. You’re nothing but an EU front. Using taxpayers cash to campaign to overturn a democratic vot

Dp29_ciWwAAu6Uw.jpg

Dp28vbkXcAADd8D.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

In Britain, an MP is a person who has been elected to represent the people from a particular area in the House of Commons

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/mp

What do MPs do?

The UK public elects Members of Parliament (MPs) to represent their interests and concerns in the House of Commons

https://www.parliament.uk/about/mps-and-lords/members/mps/

Keep reading! You'll get there.

It maybe not what YOU want but our parliamentary representative democracy is not what you seem to think

http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/v1ch13s7.html

this amused me....

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/brexit-protest-at-downing-street-london-fails-to-attract-big-numbers-1-5740799

Edited by Grouse
Education

44 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Sure No problem

Backdoor EU Funding for Losers' Vote March

https://order-order.com/2018/10/19/backdoor-eu-funding-losers-vote/

I look forward to the EU publishing their accounts in full in an equally speedly manner

Looks like a Brexiteer website. Calling the march “losers vote” also looks like a site that cannot necessarily be taken seriously. Maybe that site should publish it accounts first to see where their funding comes from. 

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Keep reading! You'll get there.

It maybe not what YOU want but our parliamentary representative democracy is not what you seem to think

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/brexit-protest-at-downing-street-london-fails-to-attract-big-numbers-1-5740799

Alastair Campbell joins The New European as Editor-at-Large

https://www.archant.co.uk/news/alastair-campbell-joins-the-new-european-as-editor/

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Looks like a Brexiteer website. Calling the march “losers vote” also looks like a site that cannot necessarily be taken seriously. Maybe that site should publish it accounts first to see where their funding comes from. 

If the site is funded by the taxpayer yes it should publish its accounts, but since it isnt funding by the taxpayer its up to them to publish their accounts or not

site has been up and running since 2004

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Staines

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

If the site is funded by the taxpayer yes it should publish its accounts, but since it isnt funding by the taxpayer its up to them to publish their accounts or not

site has been up and running since 2004

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Staines

In order to find out who’s funding the website, and whether it’s the taxpayer or not, the site should publish their accounts. They don’t have anything to hide do they?

31 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

"I won’t be marching for a people’s vote. There has already been one"

Indeed there has, it's called the referendum.

A referendum in which many people's vote was influenced by the lies of the leave campaign, such as £350 million a week for the NHS post Brexit or that Brexit will mean stopping immigrants from Pakistan!

Now that the truth is more widely known, another referendum is surely only fair; even if it is just to determine whether or not we, the people, accept the terms of the final Brexit deal.

Comments such as yours are typical from Brexiteers. Come on, 'fess up; what is it about a second referendum that scares you?

Couldn't be because you believe you'd lose this time, could it?

• Like 1

This is one of the finest speeches ever given on brexit, Kate Hoey is a fine MP with integrity, she delivers the speech at Gateshead, her speech starts at about 9 mins and lasts about 20 mins. This speach should go down in history.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vogie said:

This is one of the finest speeches ever given on brexit, Kate Hoey is a fine MP with integrity, she delivers the speech at Gateshead, her speech starts at about 9 mins and lasts about 20 mins. This speach should go down in history.

Powerful speeches indeed. However as a northerner myself, I don't see what a Tory government in perpetuity will do for us. They have never looked after us and never will.

When control of 'our' nation reverts to 'our' Parliament, does one honestly expect sudden concern from London and a cascade of investment? I doubt it. No, we will be left for dead.

There are plenty of reasons to despise the EU status quo. But for many of us outside the South East, I feel we have a choice between 'Sh!t' and 'Sh!itier'. A paradise unfolded will not come to pass...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

In order to find out who’s funding the website, and whether it’s the taxpayer or not, the site should publish their accounts. They don’t have anything to hide do they?

5 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Only taxpayer funded organizations should be required to fully publish their accounts Something that the EU has failed to do since the start

If you want to know where order-order.com gets its funding from why don't you drop them an email

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Indeed she is despite the terrible tactics used against her by the remainer Corbyn mob.

someone to look up to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, My Thai Life said:

I am not a Brexiter. I am just someone who supports democratic decisions. And by the way, the comment that you are objecting to is from The Guardian, not my own. Perhaps you'd like the full version: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/oct/19/peoples-vote-march-eu-referendum-brexit

The Notting Hill carnival has around four times as many attendees.

I am a Brexeteer and proud of it.

The cult of remain strikes again it seems. It doesn't appear much of a People's vote or Peoples march, most of those driving the remainer (losers) team are multi millionaires and the majority of funding is from George Soros who is one of their biggest donors.

Outside the metropolitan areas there is very little suport for remain, remain appears to be for the elite not for working people.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

It is a lot, if correct, but they can only get the numbers in London where there is a metropolitan elite, plus the weather was good today so was easy to get the remainers out for a walk.

its sad to see so many people hating their own flag and waving a foreign powers flag, very sad. In the not too distant past they would have been called traitors.

Anyway not to worry, we leave in 5 months which is two and a half years later that we should.

Also im not sure why they clog up the streets as we were told clearly that we would be leaving the single market and customs union so people did know what they voted for and leave won by a margin of just over 8%. Im happy to have a second referendum in say 10 years when it will be clear the bennefits of leaving have been vast, and as the EU crumbles.

Which is your flag?

39 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

I am a Brexeteer and proud of it.

The cult of remain strikes again it seems. It doesn't appear much of a People's vote or Peoples march, most of those driving the remainer (losers) team are multi millionaires and the majority of funding is from George Soros who is one of their biggest donors.

Outside the metropolitan areas there is very little suport for remain, remain appears to be for the elite not for working people.

So there are no Brexiteer millionaires?

Since when we're The Orkneys an elite?

Edited by kwilco

5 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Which is your flag?

6 minutes ago, kwilco said:

Which is your flag?

Thankyou for asking it's  nice to know people are interested.

It's the f flag of our union the Union Jack (unless we're playing Scotland then its the Cross of St George

• Haha 1