UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

1 minute ago, Patriot1066 said:

No it’s not we should retain more of our own money for our own people who have worked all their life in the country.

same with foreign aid I wouldn’t send a penny unless for disaster relief etc, like the Tsunami.

WE all want to find a way to live in peace together. 

Most of us want to feel content of our real life choices. 

It actually feels pretty great, when our inner selves says "You did good, thank you".

55 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

i look forward to you posting your link for this article and the other links that you always fail to provide 

Read it and weep:

"The op-ed pages in China's state media were more ferocious about the matter over the weekend. The Global Times, a popular news tabloid, said: "Britons are already showing a losing mind-set. They may become citizens of a nation that prefers to shut itself from the outside world.""

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-reaction-to-brexit-2016-6

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melvinmelvin said:

ok, ta,

If that is correct - kinda stupid of uk not to have that in treaty text

anyway

euro is treaty stuff - can hardly be enforced

The great Thatcher negotiated it the EU doesn’t like it but it is custom and practice for us to have it. Originally to be reduced as France striped it’s large rebate under the CAP which they agreed but never did. Hence we kept the rebate!

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Read it and weep:

"The op-ed pages in China's state media were more ferocious about the matter over the weekend. The Global Times, a popular news tabloid, said: "Britons are already showing a losing mind-set. They may become citizens of a nation that prefers to shut itself from the outside world.""

Like quoting Russian News?

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

WE all want to find a way to live in peace together. 

Most of us want to feel content of our real life choices. 

It actually feels pretty great, when our inner selves says "You did good, thank you".

Doing good and raping your economy are different things the UK in foreign aid and charities provide more foreign aid per capita than any other country.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

What a moronic, poorly informed comment!

Try listening to #3 blokes in a pub. Their Geneva episodes will educate you about WTO. 

You really should brush up on your knowledge before posting silly comments

agree, weird mak comment

however, Geneva is a high cost city, need billions there for pubs restaurants, especially if you are 3 blokes

6 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

No it’s not we should retain more of our own money for our own people who have worked all their life in the country.

same with foreign aid I wouldn’t send a penny unless for disaster relief etc, like the Tsunami.

Agreed, but would it go to the poor in our country who need it?  And of course if the Government was running a good economy that benefited lower paid people there would be no need for 'aid' money which was a thing of the past in the UK until recently.  It's not all about the failings of the EU by a long chalk.

All this said, I think many, perhaps the majority of, people in the UK really need to understand kitchen table economics, such as you can't spend what you haven't got.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Read it and weep:

I am reading and weeping as this was reported on 15th November 2018

HSBC and China’s sovereign-wealth fund plan £1bn UK investment

HSBC and China Investment Corp are in talks to raise a £1bn that will help the country’s huge sovereign-wealth fund to invest in British companies with Chinese links.

https://www.ft.com/content/e65f33b8-e8dc-11e8-885c-e64da4c0f981

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I really even with Brexit how odd?

Just now, vinny41 said:

You can't even be bothered to acknowledge the link, that you accused me of making up? That's why I don't bother with people like you, you just waste everyone's time. HSBC is a FTSE100 company ... £1bn is chicken feed ... sad.

• Haha 1

Just now, Patriot1066 said:

Doing good and raping your economy are different things the UK in foreign aid and charities provide more foreign aid per capita than any other country.

Why would raping my economy be doing good? I'm not doing that.I don't think anyone would like to do that. 

Have you ever, REALLY, thought what these foreign aid projects actually are?

Have you ever, REALLY, thought the business models and possibilities these foreign aid projects might open?

See few chess moves beyond what is right now and you'll see a much brighter and interesting world ahead of you. 

25 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Not at all. He has a point. Of course it doesn't apply to the Tory right wing bastards, but a majority of Brexiters exhibit their lack of educational attainment.

That’s a horrible thing to call people by the B word ! Is that how you react to political differences?

10 minutes ago, JAG said:

For my last couple of years in the UK, I drove a taxi in a relatively small provincial city. I was caring for my mother, who had dementia, and it was the only occupation which gave me the freedom and flexibility of  working hours that task required. What you describe in your post is exactly, to the last detail, what a very significant number of Eastern European drivers did. The taxi (private hire) companies would engage an agency to bring them over - literally by the busload. The same agency would arrange for licences ( badges) from the local authorities - somehow circumventing the various criteria demanded of the local drivers, and the taxi companies would hire them cars - often three drivers sharing a car so it was on the road 24/7, trundling around slavishly following their GPS. In weeks the number of taxi's on the road in my city doubled, and incomes halved. There was no discernable benefit to anyone, other than the agents and taxi company proprietors. Certainly no Tax or NI was paid.

I suspect that similar things happened in other trades. Working people's incomes were severely depressed. It is hardly surprising that the free movement of labour was less than well regarded.

This has been really tough on you: not only should your mum really qualify for NHS continuing care as with previous generations, but your laudable attempts to keep afloat were ruined. 

I'm afraid we live in a time where the earnestly striving working class stand little or no chance of maintaining decent living standards, and it's not much better for the middle class, many of whom were unsung heroes in social development during earlier decades. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Read it and weep:

The Chinese people will ‘watch the consequence of Britain’s embracing of a “democratic” referendum’, says Communist party-run Global Times

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, My Thai Life said:

Hi Patriot, your methods are different from most Leavers. Most of them are polite. I guess they assume that politics is about politeness.

You cannot be polite with Grouse: he is consistently the most abusive poster here, he has a very high opinion of his intelligence which has never been evidenced by his posts. 

By the way, I'm not a leaver or remainer. I'm just someone who supports democracy. The terms of the referendum were known by everyone.

Get it right for goodness sake!

If you want put me down, get the facts correct.

I have a high opinion of my education. I am grateful for that.

I am also well read.

However, I do not tolerate fools or idiots. I assume you understand the difference.

I have no desire to insult anyone. However if you feel you are a member of a group that I feel are moronic, be my guest

You see, it's nothining personal. I merely react to what opinions I read.

Finally, everyone knew the referendum was advisory only. I'm glad you understood that clearly.

Just now, vinny41 said:

The Chinese people will ‘watch the consequence of Britain’s embracing of a “democratic” referendum’, says Communist party-run Global Times

Yes, all newspapers are state owned or influenced. So that's what the Chinese state think of Brexit voters ... people with a "loser's mind-set" ... smart people the Chinese.

30 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Not at all. He has a point. Of course it doesn't apply to the Tory right wing bastards, but a majority of Brexiters exhibit their lack of educational attainment.

Could you confirm your educational attainment unless you hold a PHD it is likely to be less than mine!

You shouldn’t call anyone bastards it is a sign of lack of a decent counter to others political views?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Incorrect German actually

Günther Oettinger says rebate is 'no longer appropriate'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-budget-rebate-gunther-oetinger-second-referendum-remain-a8580616.html

But it is good that you no longer believe what EU officals say

could agree with that,

why on earth should uk get any rebate, beats me

have a Belhaven

12 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

You can't even be bothered to acknowledge the link, that you accused me of making up? That's why I don't bother with people like you, you just waste everyone's time. HSBC is a FTSE100 company ... £1bn is chicken feed ... sad.

In the words of Tony Blair "Am I bothered"

7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Yes, all newspapers are state owned or influenced. So that's what the Chinese state think of Brexit voters ... people with a "loser's mind-set" ... smart people the Chinese.

At least the Donald stands up to the Chinese unlike the EU who cower in the corner!

1 hour ago, Patriot1066 said:

We would gain billions by taking the WTO option, and the EU know it!

one billion or 100 billion,just saying billions is not a good enough reply,losing the big 4 car makers would cost a few billion and thats just for starters.