Video: Pick-up hits 30 million baht McLaren - one of only three in Thailand

webfact

This is what happens when idiots undertake. The McLaren got what he deserved. As for the pick up he was  watching the Merc in front but as he did not brake and pealed off to the inside the pickup did not see any brake lights, not enough time for him to stop. They were all tailgating as usual. 

10 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

No vehicle like that should be allowed on public roads, only race-tracks 

There’s no reason for it not to be on the road. It would stop ,corner and handle far better than your vehicle. A moron in a pickup will do far more damage.

11 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I did the 100'000 km on Thai roads yesterday on one of my cars (can't count the rest since the 80s in Europe).

Again: motorway 7 is not a race track.

You defend nidicolous driving like this and I am afraid you have a license too. Are you Thai?

Let me try and understand what you are saying.  You drove 100,000km on Thai roads yesterday?  Is that correct? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, overherebc said:

Most pick ups are driven with no load in the bed so no real grip at the rear wheels or are overloaded ending up with the front wheels on the verge of waving about in the air. Plus tyre pressures that are way over the limit required.

Interested to know why my post above would confuse anyone.

One of the big mistakes people make is believing that those big chunky tyres they buy and fit to their pick up gives more grip when in fact on the road it means less rubber contact therefore less grip especially on the rear end. They are good if your pickup spends its life in the mud or snow but not on the highway.

Putting maybe 100 to 200 kg in the back over the axle and fixing it so it can't move will improve things a bit but still won't make it perfect.

Edited by overherebc

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

Interested to know why my post above would confuse anyone.

Been driving my Isuzu pick-up for 12 years with no problems, it's the driving not the vehicle!

You buy an expensive cars so as everyone will look at it, unfortunately other drivers look and lose concentration.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Let me try and understand what you are saying.  You drove 100,000km on Thai roads yesterday?  Is that correct? 

Not quite, took me 7 years.

The odometer went to 100000 yesterday.

Additionally some km on another old car.

Not counting the sporadic rides since 1994 on holidays.

Traffic has become terrible during the years mostly by the rapid increase in vehicles.

No more fun.

Of course I missed the photo opportunity by a km :biggrin:

Mazda 2, 100 tkm without any glitch (except flat tires).

20180812_085935.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 8/13/2018 at 4:44 PM, 4MyEgo said:

That went straight over the top, was meant to be a joke.

As for insurance, they will cover his scratch and chase the negligent driver in the pick up for it.

sorry it must of been a bit early for me ?