price gouging in usa

can't figure this out.  price of small coke bottle is $3.50 in american airport but only $1.20 in asian airport.  what explains such a discrepency in price??  it's like they think we're gazillionaires.  i'm like, why should i pay you $3.50 when I can get in a 7/11 in bangkok for 1/7th of the price?  money was not spent in said airport and instead saved and spent in thailand.  american 0 thailand 1.

• Haha 2

1-airports have a captive audience.

2- it is always twice the price inside airport security as you cannot bring liquids over 2oz in

(price at same airport way cheaper outside security checkpoint)

3- Don't drink coke its bad for you ?

Edited by meechai

One really should give the airports some consideration.  They often are not located in easy to get to areas, and are a little out of the way, the vendors have to go through special security and screening provisions, or the workers have a bit of a struggle to get to work since they can't just drive to work and park.  There are costs to these things.  Frankly, I thought the prices for food in Orlando Florida airport were not gougery, nor were the prices in San Diego California.  The only ridiculous price was what they charge for soda from the machine where the smallest choice is like $3.50 cents for basically sugar water.  They offer a refill for another .25 which is silly.

One really should give the airports some consideration.  They often are not located in easy to get to areas, and are a little out of the way, the vendors have to go through special security and screening provisions, or the workers have a bit of a struggle to get to work since they can't just drive to work and park.  There are costs to these things.  Frankly, I thought the prices for food in Orlando Florida airport were not gougery, nor were the prices in San Diego California.  The only ridiculous price was what they charge for soda from the machine where the smallest choice is like $3.50 cents for basically sugar water.  They offer a refill for another .25 which is silly.

Yeah, food prices in US airports has generally gotten much more reasonable since they opened up the contracting process.

Remember when one POC company would have the ex on all food and drink? Times are definitely better.

Clean drinking fountains all over most airports in the US if you’re thirsty.
  • Like 1