i have lost weight already living in isaan

james1995

I live in the Philippines in a village where my partner cooks my food and I am on the oatmeal breakfast and my weight and BP are both down, eating lots of fruit and vegetables, same as I do when I am in my Isaan village. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 8:11 AM, Michael Hare said:

This expert from Germany says coconut oil is poison.

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2018/aug/22/coconut-oil-is-pure-poison-says-harvard-professor

Also beware of all the MSG in Thai food.

Monosodium Glutamate is one of the most common amino acids found in nature. In abundance in all food. New studies show that it is pretty harmless too.

Edited by puchooay

8 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Speakeasy asked a question regarding beer and how Tiger is supposedly less fattening than Leo beer. Would have been nice to get a proper answer from the poster instead third party  armchair posters who decide to post waffle. Oh well i guess i expected too much requiring a civil informative reply from TV bar stool 'experts'. 

All beer makes you fat ?

On 8/21/2018 at 2:10 PM, Patriot said:

Good for you.  Just stay off the Leo beer .... 10% more calories than Heineken and 20% more than Tiger !!!

Whatever, enjoy the Isaan village life

Again... how do you know Leo is more fattening than Tiger and Heineken. Unless you can supply the facts why post useless misinformed waffle? Please deal with the question or restract the statement.

53 minutes ago, johng said:
On 8/21/2018 at 2:10 PM, Patriot said:
Good for you.  Just stay off the Leo beer .... 10% more calories than Heineken and 20% more than Tiger !!!
Whatever, enjoy the Isaan village life

Where do they publish those calorie stats ?

Well myfitnesspal.com search lists a 330ml can of Leo beer as 129 calories and Tiger as 130. Somebody is wrong.......

Whats the saying about lies, damm lies, and statistics? ?

Edited by MikeN

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

Well myfitnesspal.com search lists a 330ml can of Leo beer as 129 calories and Tiger as 130. Somebody is wrong.......

Whats the saying about lies, damm lies, and statistics? ?

Hi Mike,

Unless Im reading it incorrectly My Fitness Pal has a 330ml Leo as 165 Calories, Heineken 139 Calories (150 on another), and Tiger at 137. Tiger Light (watery beyond belief!) 110 Calories.

Who cares really, not sure about everyone else but Leo has least effect the following morning!!!

1 hour ago, Patriot said:

The name given to "ten to the power of one hundred" is a google. Funnily enough this is also the name of a reliable internet search engine. You should try using it sometime instead of these pathetic, ill-mannered, cantankerous rants of yours. 

LOL> you should Google "Googol", which is "ten to the power of one hundred". Google is only a search engine.

44 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL> you should Google "Googol", which is "ten to the power of one hundred". Google is only a search engine.

Exactly. That’s why they named the company as such. My wife calls it “Googen”, but that’s another story!!!

16 hours ago, Patriot said:

Hi Mike,

Unless Im reading it incorrectly My Fitness Pal has a 330ml Leo as 165 Calories, Heineken 139 Calories (150 on another), and Tiger at 137. Tiger Light (watery beyond belief!) 110 Calories.

Who cares really, not sure about everyone else but Leo has least effect the following morning!!!

Had another look at my fitness pal, it has “beer (Leo), serving size 1 can (330ml) “ at 129 calories, but a small bottle of Leo (330ml) at 165 calories ....so it must be the glass bottle that makes you fat ?

Moral of this story ? ...take all internet statistics with a grain of salt !

But I can definitely state that a large bottle of Leo is statistically lighter on my wallet than Singha, or Heineken. ?

• Like 1