No Plastic Bags at Rimping Today

Kelsall

8 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

So you confess now that you are caught.  You never asked that question and you knew it.  I don't play games with clowns like you.  You and I are through.

So in other words you do have children and you do not care about them or their future. Just want to make it clear for everybody to see the kind of person you are.

On 8/26/2018 at 10:43 AM, FolkGuitar said:

Not just tourists... There are large nylon shopping bags being sold all over these days, that fold up to the size of a pack of playing cards (and are significantly lighter in weight.)  They cost just a couple of dollars, and are on sale in Tops, Robinsons, Rimping, and many other outlets. There are several different sizes being sold now, with this one being one of the largest. This would certainly carry two-three plastic bags worth of groceries, and still fit in a pocket, under a bike seat, or in glove box.

Nylon Bag.jpg

Thanks. Great thing.

• Like 1

Did a 'big shop' today at Rimping.  Today is Wednesday-No Plastic Bags today.

Every register was busy. Plenty of people shopping. I saw no one complaining but a couple looking surprised. And as an added bonus, the bike parking was almost empty. Makes sense I guess. I have a large Givi rear box on my bike, so shopping isn't usually a problem for me anyway, but I suppose for those without a trunk, a cardboard box would be a small problem... easily solved with bungee cord, but a problem none the less. I took home two large nylon bags of groceries, and had the rest marked for home delivery. Easy day.

• Like 1

I can understand going after plastic bags and straws, but how about the #1 contaminant?

[Yet the No. 1 man-made contaminant in the world’s oceans is the small but ubiquitous cigarette butt — and it has mostly avoided regulation.]

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/plastic-straw-ban-cigarette-butts-are-single-greatest-source-ocean-n903661