Corrupt traffic police to be sacked, named and shamed, says top cop

webfact

49 minutes ago, webfact said:

My list of officers to be sacked ( retrospective Ooops)

1.Pol Maj Gen Ekkarak Limsangkat?‍♂️

2  My team of officers?‍♂️?‍♀️?‍♀️

?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

:cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

You then are the lucky one. In Pattaya they are everywhere. Every day. Yesterday I drove through one, only to get pulled up at another one no more than a kilometer away. There is one at the bottom of my Soi right now.  I have two LINE member groups on my phone that inform me where they are, and every day I get literally dozens of messages. It is worse now than at any point in the ten years I have lived here. 

I"m in Bangkok and never been pulled over for any reason however on my way to Koh Chang I was stopped once for a licence check. So I handed him my international licence then he wanted to see my Australian Licence all was good so off I went.

Seems like the police are hard at work in Pattaya .....lots of unsuspecting tourists happy to pay off the police so they can get on with their holiday without having to go to court.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Maj general Ekkarak are you serious, officers guilty of extortion and taking bribes will be sacked.:cheesy:?

If you follow through with that threat, there would be no traffic police officers left to police traffic.

Not having any traffic police, or other police for that matter, wouldn't make one bit of difference to the well fair of Thailand 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

What about the senior officer who takes a bribe of 300,000 per year from a leading beverage company. When will his dismissal be appearing on the list? Or is it only the humble traffic cops who take the hit rather than their bosses. 

Anyway getting rid of a few on the lower rung of the distribution lists frees up more for the greedy ones at the top.

I like how your thinking.. but how can you prove it is a bribe (i know that it probably is). But he is just an adviser and you can hire advisers and give them a salary. The bribe part is hard to prove. 

I, for one, quite like the prevailing scenario. I have no problem paying off a cop on the scene if it means that I don't have to go to the police station or court. One of the reasons I like living in Thailand: it is not the nanny state my home country has become. I can never figure out why expats here want to change Thailand so that it is like their home country. I like it just the way it was.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1