How much do you smile whilst living in Thailand?

bbabythai

The presence of a smile, or not, is not a true indicator of happiness or friendliness. There are many different facial structures, some of us look like idiots if we force a smile (me). My very clever X wife had me pegged. I would try to pull one over on her using my poker face. She would just look into my eyes and saw the smile there.

Sometimes while with others, such as a dinner engagement, somebody would rudely say to her, doesn't your husband ever smile, is he unhappy? She would tell them to look into my eyes for the smile. Smart lady!

If you want to see the epitome of a FAKE smile, Google Carter Page, one of Trump's cronies. Even under serious questioning, he wears this stupid looking FAKE smile.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Cereal said:

I smile. It costs nothing and has nothing but upside potential. Naysayers can cool their jets, because you know what I mean. I'm not talking about a sarcastic, sardonic smile.

Your avatar always brings a smile to my face

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, starky said:

Well according to some "research"  I have read there are up to 13 varieties of Thai smile as part of their culture which means at any time there is only an 8% chance your getting the smile you think. However if you wish to walk around grinning like an idiot at every person you see. Well that's entirely up to you. Just as many fake smiles as genuine ones here.

That's ok - they don't know exactly what kind of smile I'm giving them either.....Works both ways = all cultures.....

• Like 1

Well according to some "research"  I have read there are up to 13 varieties of Thai smile as part of their culture which means at any time there is only an 8% chance your getting the smile you think. However if you wish to walk around grinning like an idiot at every person you see. Well that's entirely up to you. Just as many fake smiles as genuine ones here.

Your odds seem to assume the recipient of the smile is blind.
  • Like 1