Immigration Moving Back To Airport

jeffandgop

26 minutes ago, silverhawk_usa said:

Immigration.JPG.7dfa6af6e5cbea4775bc005a3511a5a7.JPG

Ok. That's a very good map. 

At least the tranportation there will be a breeze because the blue buses pass by there.

No more ridiculous 200 baht per trip for Song Taew for those without own transport.

Edited by EricTh

Lord I'm happy I moved out of that district and no longer have to deal with the Chiang Mai Immigration dog and pony show.  I feel for ya'll.  With the move, are the services going to get better or are they just going to become 'different' as in a shiny new but still understaffed building with next to no parking.  :blink:

Edited by connda
  • Thanks 1

I use a visa company here in Chiang Mai,they do all the work for the yearly retirement visa. They also do the 90 day extension for me, they come to my home pick up and return the passport.The only time I need to go to immiagration is to personally see the officer once a yr to confirm my bank statement. 

They tell me what time to be there,I have a coffee,he calls me and tells me they are ready for me. Great service and hassle free,it really doesn’t make much difference to me where they are. But the parking and facilities at promenada are good,hopefully they have taken this into consideration at the new office next to the airport.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

Ok. That's a very good map. 

At least the tranportation there will be a breeze because the blue buses pass by there.

No more ridiculous 200 baht per trip for Song Taew for those without own transport.

Blue buses go to the Prom now, I catch a 20 baht fare

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

The only time I need to go to immiagration is to personally see the officer once a yr to confirm my bank statement. 

Nothing to do with "confirming bank statement".  That should all be done in advance by you, your bank and the agent before attending PROM. (sounds like a US school outing!)

You only have to appear at CM I/O for retirement extension once per year in person to have your Photo taken. 

If it is a good agent it is less than 12 Mins from exiting the agent's car at the Prom car park to re-entering the same car again at Prom having a valid extension in hand (pun NOT intended!

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Nothing to do with "confirming bank statement".  That should all be done in advance by you, your bank and the agent before attending PROM. (sounds like a US school outing!)

You only have to appear at CM I/O for retirement extension once per year in person to have your Photo taken. 

If it is a good agent it is less than 12 Mins from exiting the agent's car at the Prom car park to re-entering the same car again at Prom having a valid extension in hand (pun NOT intended!

That was my experience today (except I use my own car).  In 16 years here it was only my second time using an agent.  In principal, I don't like the idea but Immigration has created and feeds the problem.  No way am I waiting in all night queues .

• Thanks 1

From thread that nearly everybody has missed.

"Briefly, we were informed Immigration will relocate to their new facilities near the airport on 24 September. At this stage all services will be moved. Queuing has been an issue of late due to resourcing problems. In the new facility they are planning to reinstate on line queue reservation system, improvements to 90 day on line reporting (a Bangkok system problem) are anticipated and for the new facility parking arrangements are to be available across the road at the spa facility."

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

I always parked in Airport Plaza car park....it's only a five minute walk, better than going round and round looking for a space and then going BACK to airport plaza!!

One could also use the Central Airport Plaza parking (free), a 10 minutes walk though.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

From thread that nearly everybody has missed.

"Briefly, we were informed Immigration will relocate to their new facilities near the airport on 24 September. At this stage all services will be moved. Queuing has been an issue of late due to resourcing problems. In the new facility they are planning to reinstate on line queue reservation system, improvements to 90 day on line reporting (a Bangkok system problem) are anticipated and for the new facility parking arrangements are to be available across the road at the spa facility."

In addition to about 25 parking places allocated to visitors plus a lot of motorbike space, they have a notice at the new building saying you can use the spa across the road.  I notice that they also have wheelchair access too.

Edited by Greenside

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Or take the new 20 Baht aircon blue buses ?

Support the new buses instead of freeloading 

Using The Central Airport Plaza shuttle bus, owned and operated by Central Group is freeloading, I'd never have guessed!

13 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Using The Central Airport Plaza shuttle bus, owned and operated by Central Group is freeloading, I'd never have guessed!

I do believe that its a bus to take people who stay in hotels to the shopping center .

The bus isnt there for people to get a free ride to immigration .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

The best thing about Promenada was the parking. I would bet dollars to donuts there's no new parking at the old place.

Not so. The motorcycle parking is always full if you come a bit late.

The best thing about Promenada is you can do window shopping while waiting for your visa.

27 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The best thing about Promenada is you can do window shopping while waiting for your visa.

There is nothing "best" about Promenada.

1.  Who want to do "window Shopping" unless it is for "eye candy" in which case it is the wrong place.

2. Why have to wait/waste all that time at the "Zoo" went you don't want/need to!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Greenside said:

In addition to about 25 parking places allocated to visitors plus a lot of motorbike space, they have a notice at the new building saying you can use the spa across the road.  I notice that they also have wheelchair access too.

Well I hope the wheelchair user is geared up to crossing 4 lanes of traffic from the spa...it doesn't bear thinking about

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Well I hope the wheelchair user is geared up to crossing 4 lanes of traffic from the spa...it doesn't bear thinking about

Let's hope the wheelchair user gets into one of the handicapped parking spaces marked out in the new parking area right in front of the new building.

Possible update....I was at the Promenada yesterday afternoon (Friday), spoke to two separate officers who both told us that the move is now scheduled to start on Saturday 29th, not the 22nd. I'm not sure if the move has been postponed for a week or we were fed incorrect information.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect