Be Warned. Thieving Hookers in Pattaya.

yogi100

recently (forget which day this past week) I was driving to Avenue, in the morning, and at the 7-11 on the corner of Lenkee and Bukhao I saw what appeared to be 3 (or so) plain clothes police with two African (looking) ladies, and a tourist police marked car pulls up and they put the ladies in the back seat of the car and drive off... wonder if this was the arrest of the suspects in the crime mentioned in this thread...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, southsideBruce said:

recently (forget which day this past week) I was driving to Avenue, in the morning, and at the 7-11 on the corner of Lenkee and Bukhao I saw what appeared to be 3 (or so) plain clothes police with two African (looking) ladies, and a tourist police marked car pulls up and they put the ladies in the back seat of the car and drive off... wonder if this was the arrest of the suspects in the crime mentioned in this thread...

Or just a bit of business?

• Haha 1

sorry to inform the Pattaya bashers that this is not an exclusive, 
it even happens in foreign countries.

next ...

OP thanks for sharing anyway,
some people do get overexcited unless reminded repeatedly.
A good first line of defense is to stay in (or go to) a Hotel that takes ID-cards from joiners.

(if on a business trip, make sure you pay the bill without your colleagues standing in line as well; 
just in case the clerk needs to remind you of using items from the mini-"bar") 
saw some "I would never do that kind of thing" people with rather red faces. ?

19 hours ago, Michaelaway said:

Sounds tough because it was so unexpected, sorry man. On the other hand, I'm thinking about: drinking & having fun with 2 sexy ladies, losing a fake watch, and getting a really great night's sleep- all for 3,000 baht. Wait a minute, I'm still thinking...

PS- fogetabout ms palmer, yo!

Nice one.    Lemonade out of lemons.      Well done.

P.S.    Never admit to anything on TV or any other  forum.

23 hours ago, yogi100 said:

This did happen to a friend and the knock out drop aspect of it shook him up as it would have had it been yourself, myself or anyone else. So I took the trouble to make the post as a warning to others rather than to give you the opportunity to make smart arsed remarks.

I have had girls back to my room in the past and have had a mobile phone stolen on one occasion and an electric razor on another but it happened while I was fully compos mentis and I know how angry I was and how much of a mug I felt. And these were Thai girls in Pattaya and they snatched their loot when I wasn't looking but this matter was rather more serious and could have had tragic or at least rather more costly consequences.

So the event could have taken a much worse turn therefore IF you are tempted by African women be on your guard or better still as my pal has learned don't touch'em with a barge pole. 

obviously you never warned your friend. but to find out what they used go to the police, donate to the policemans ball and ask them to do a search and arrest setting yourself up as the mark

On 9/21/2018 at 4:46 PM, Michaelaway said:

Sounds tough because it was so unexpected, sorry man. On the other hand, I'm thinking about: drinking & having fun with 2 sexy ladies, losing a fake watch, and getting a really great night's sleep- all for 3,000 baht. Wait a minute, I'm still thinking...

PS- fogetabout ms palmer, yo!

To be fair, the O.P. says it was a friend, not him. (but it always is) 555.   The 3,000b was the money he gave them not what they lifted from his pockets.  And the watch. It could have been anything from a fake to one of the ones his friend usually lends to a very important person to wear.

It was a very cheap lesson whatever the pocket baht and watch are worth.  He could have been waking up somewhere hotter than Thailand and I don't mean Nigeria or Ghana. BTW I am an atheist and involving the fictional Hell is against my (lack of) religion. 

Pattaya Rule (3) Never take two of anything back to your room.  Especially ladyboys or, shall we say, "ethnic ladies."   It could have been much worse.  Also, this sort of malarkey is EXACTLY what short time rooms are for.  

If you are interested Rule 1 is:

Don't wear gold or other expensive trinkets or take your main wallet with you on "nights out." 

Rule 2 is: Don't go any where near the beach at night or talk to groups of ladyboys on the beach at any hour of the day or night. (or walking street if they look a bit peckish and you are a Hong Kong Celebrity.

P.S. Tell your friend to get an aids preventative treatment right now if he thinks he might have been compromised.