Australian man shoots self in head at Phuket shooting range

Jonathan Fairfield

We all come here at different times in our lives, looking for something, or escaping from something or someone, or somewhere. 

I think collectively we all need some support from others at times in our lives. 

Sadly he took his own life before finding his salvation. 

Indeed, quite sad. At 24, he had his whole life ahead of him. Depression is an awful condition which plagues some of my family members. I often don't fully understand it and can only sympathize because I have never been wired that way. When encountering difficult times, I look to it as a challenge and work harder; work through the issues, people with depression don't even view that as an option and feel utterly hopeless in despair.

FYI, the gun range isn't the issue. He easily could have walked out in front of a lorry.

I would say this though, the range master should have noticed he boy acting erratically, taking off his shirt and stretching, not normal behavior at a gun range.

1 hour ago, lemonjelly said:

It’s a disaster waiting to happen. What’s stopping a nutcase walking into one of these ranges and going on a killing spree?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

All the other people at the range with guns.

15 minutes ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

It's not the first time in this shithole. Just look at the state of the place.

We were at Patong a couple of weeks ago. 

My seven year old nephew was allowed to use a target pistol on the main street. 

Nearly shot the girl attendant twice.

20180929_121718.jpg

35 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Life was so mu h simpler in the good old days.

We only had 3things to do

Get laid

Getdcrunk

Go vast

Oh yeah and go to work but that was not as

Important,.literotica. The only

Commenting while drunk? A bit early for that.

4 hours ago, sebastion said:

A good reason?
There is never a good reason to do this. Ever.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

I meant in his mind, there was obviously a justified reason. 
I do believe that if someone is suffering a terminal illness, or their life is so utterly tormenting due to an illness or debilitation, they should have every right to kill themselves. There are things like terrible break ups, or financial loss, that are fleeting moments in ones life, and should be given time to change. But there are circumstances that I feel taking your own life is perfectly understandable 

• Thanks 2

Its one thing people can get that far to kill themselfs ,and i will never understand why neither will anyone who's not in that situation. But if you do it , jump from a cliff into the sea or in whatever way you can do it without getting innocent bystanders involved . You are the one with the problem what you think your doing to other people . If doing it in front of them . But i geuss people killing themselfs are not thinking about what they are doing to the people they leave behind . In my mind killing yourself is the most selfish thing you can do . Sorry if i offended anyone

• Sad 1

Phuket shooting range victim dies of wounds

ph1.jpg

The man shot himself in the head at the Asian Shooting Range in Sakoo at about 2pm yesterday. Photo: Asian Shooting Range - Phuket

PHUKET: It has been confirmed today that an Australian man who shot himself in the head at a shooting range in northern Phuket yesterday died from his wounds yesterday evening.

Emergency responders were called to the Asian Shooting Range in Sakoo, just south of Phuket International Airport, at 2pm yesterday afternoon (Sept 28), reported Lt Col Bandasak Srilert from the Sakoo Police.

At the scene was a man, named by police today (Sept 29) as Jayden Antony Cook, 25, who had shot himself in the right temple.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-shooting-range-victim-dies-of-wounds-68816.php#e2ZxZB7YqtwUmOc0.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-09-29

9 hours ago, dodojero said:

Why did they cut out 2 minutes in the VDO?

Good point as the whole article is based on that he did it himself where the video should support it - which it doesn't....

Could also be interesting to know what he quickly touched inside the plastic bag and then seems to sniff from his hands in the very beginning of the clip - was it just a sort of compulsion act based on anxiety etc or was it a substance of any kind...??....

RIP

Edited by ttrd
  • Like 1