U.S. Sen. Warren, mocked by Trump as 'Pocahontas,' says DNA test backs her ancestry

webfact

2 hours ago, iroc4life said:

No, but she did list her Race as Native American on an application for a job. That was and remains a lIe. 

No, but she did list her Race as Native American on an application for a job.

That was and remains a lIe. 

I love internal consistency.  Stop telling lies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

When asked about the DNA test, Trump said: "Who cares?" Then he denied making the comment, as he left Washington to visit hurricane-stricken areas in Florida and Georgia.

Typical from the hypocrite in chief 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, sirineou said:
17 hours ago, underlordcthulhu said:

Those Warren Pocahantus jokes still crack me up to this day. They never get old! 

How about those Thai expat pedo jokes?

How many expats does it take to screw in a light bulb?

They don't screw lightbulbs, they screw ______

Did that crack you up today?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

"President" "trump" is the greatest TROLL the world has ever known. Warren fell for the orange troll bait.

On paper I'm sure I support most of Warren's policy positions. But I've never warmed to the idea of her as president. Of course she is running. I hope she doesn't get nominated as I think the democrats can do better.

Poor Elizabeth Warren.

She took President Trump’s bait and submitted to a DNA test to demonstrate her Native American genealogy — and, in so doing, may have doomed her presidential campaign before it began. Now the Massachusetts senator is not only enduring Trump’s “Pocahontas” insults (at least when he’s not calling another woman “Horseface”) but also being disparaged by Indian tribes.

What’s “terrible” is that Trump has found a new, high-tech way to stoke tribalism and division. And Warren fell for it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/join-my-tribe-elizabeth-warren/2018/10/16/3fb0867e-d181-11e8-b2d2-f397227b43f0_story.html

To add, as she is running and she may be nominated, I think Warren needs to apologize for her past folly of actually identifying as a Cherokee Indian. It was a mistake and she needs to DISTANCE herself from it. We don't expect presidents to be perfect. Witness our current troll "president" that lies as if lying is going out of style. But the longer she associates herself with that folly, the slimmer the chances she can ever shake this embarrassment. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Scott Brown smears her during their election and down the line Trump picks up on it and she should apologize? What do you have against her? Not beholden enough to a certain lobby?
Here, learn something:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/elizabeth-warren-wealthy-native-american/
Honestly I just find her grating. The way so many people felt about Hillary I suppose. I don't even know enough yet about her specific policy positions but I get that she's a progressive as am I. If nominated.I would support her of course. I've already heard about the rebuttal to the Indian accusations but often perception trumps reality. I don't think she would win. Why settle on someone so early? There is plenty of time. I like Amy Klobuchar better for example. It's an open race. Let it play out.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:21 PM, smotherb said:

If true, it certainly means she is part native American. why would you think otherwise? She is not trying to lay claim to Cherokee benefits; that requires more like 1/16th or more.

Huge storm in a very small teacup.

I have traces of English, lowland and highland Scottish, and Irish in my genetic background, plus no doubt others if a DNA test was done. It doesn't mean anything other than I'm a mongrel like every other human being on the planet.

Anyone that claims to "be" a particular race based on a very small % may be technically correct, but to use that to try and gain something is not wise, IMO.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:25 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

The test proves that she is no more Cherokee than I am. I could very well have a tiny part Spanish in my ancestry, but I wouldn't go making any claims to be a Spaniard even if I did. As I recall, she made the claim as part of a political campaign, and has got called out on it. Even the members of her "tribe" don't want her.

I am a Cherokee Citizen, and I love Senator Warren, so that makes you wrong.   She actually tells the truth, imagine that.  Our SoS was way out of line, he must be a foolish Trump supporter.  I complained to the Nation, he backtracked a bit to NPR the next day.  Anyone has a right to get any DNA test they want, ESPECIALLY if called out by the President!   The SoS should be FIRED!!!

• Sad 1

So far I am believing that she didn't use her previous claim of being Cherokee to gain an advantage in her career. But there is evidence that she did identify that way for whatever reasons. Perhaps to look more interesting, more unique, cooler, etc. She shouldn't have done that period regardless of DNA test results. But falling for our presidential SUPER TROLL's bait she thought she was helping her case, but she has actually hurt it. As I said before she should have dealt with this as an embarrassing mistake of her earlier life (identifying publicly as a Cherokee). Personally I think the damage is done and she will never be president. Yes, "trump" can do 1000 things worse, in his past and present and get away with it for some bizarre reason. Life isn't fair. Sorry. She wont be able to get past this. Give up on her. Don't invest in a loser. There are many more democrats that don't have her baggage.

NEXT … 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:05 AM, zydeco said:

Almost all the headlines coming out of the US are ripping Warren now.  Even the same mainstream publications that tried to cover for her are criticizing.  She has really stepped in it.

Senator Warren punched the bully Trump in the nose for his racist taunt, and let's hope we never hear it again, I found it very offensive.   I am very proud of her for doing, as are all of her supporters.  Too bad all republicans have is to make up more lies.   

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:42 AM, Trouble said:

Being a person interested in genealogy and having had a number of DNA tests for genealogical research, it might interest everyone to know that these tests are not by any means an exact science. DNA tests can be great for connecting people who genetically match others in their family tree and helping with research, but as to the percentage of this or that in the make up, the results can be fun and give one some indication of their "genetic" ancestry, they can change over time and with different tests. First off two siblings can have different results in their ancestry at the DNA level even with the same parents. The recreational genetics tests have significant scientific limitations and rely on misconceptions about race and genetics. Not only that but the percentage of this and that in each person can change as more and more tests are conducted and data is added to the database. What Warren's test seemed to indicate (and it seems she had a prominent geneticist analyze the results) is that she basically has only a trace of Native American. She has based her claims to being Native American based on family tales or high cheek bones. Think of her or her parents or grandparents knowing of their heritage back 6 to 10 generations. The claims were all based on tales not fact. Lots of people have high cheek bones. As many of the reports indicate she has less than the average. What to make of that I am not sure. 

The reason Native Americans might be a bit bent over her claims is because Warren should never have made the claim to begin with. It doesn't mean anything to have 1/1024 Native American ancestry if she has no ties to Native American culture or politics. There is no DNA test for culture and identity. Let's face the fact that she is a politician and used the claim as a political tool for her own selfish ends. 

The real deal is this is the only lie republicans thought could find on her, going back to loser Scott Brown, and now loser (3 million votes) Trump.  Republicans are the ones who made this an issue!  The republicans dirty false attacks are the only "political tool for selfish ends" in this story!!!  

• Haha 2

There's a good chance one of my distant relatives was a Cossack rapist. But I don't send recipes to Cossack cookbooks under my name and listed identity as Cossack.

Come on and face it. She did something silly in her past and she won't even take responsibility for it as a mistake.

We already have a president that isn't man enough to own his mistakes.

No thanks for another one.

Of course I agree that "trump"'s Pocohantas taunting is evil and racist. Also that he's a disgusting immoral troll. People can oppose "trump" and see faults in Warren (and other democrats) at the same time. They are not equivalent faults of course but at this early stage why commit to any Massachusetts democrat? Look at the track record. On that alone, it's rational to be very wary of nominating Warren. 

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2018 at 6:36 AM, lupin said:

The DNA results released by Elizabeth Warren show she is approximately 1/512 (0.1%) Native American, with a single ancestor, from around 400 years ago, possibly being Native American...

do we really accept that 0.1% legitimizes claims of being Native American?

1/512 = .001953 about .2% And you can use that decimal ( log .00953)  to determine how many generations she had an indian ggggggggrandparent.

With (1/2) = 1/512    

x = generations, with this relationship:  

x (log 1/2)  = log 1/512

x(-.3) = (-2.7)

9 generations

This appears to be a very fair and objective explanation of the genetic science aspect of this controversy. Be clear this article is not pro or anti-Warren. 

Just about everything you’ve read on the Warren DNA test is wrong

After being egged on by President Trump, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) released the results of a DNA test Oct. 15 that indicated that she had a Native American ancestor.

The results — which identified Native American DNA from six to 10 generations ago — were immediately misinterpreted.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/10/18/just-about-everything-youve-read-warren-dna-test-is-wrong/

Edited by Jingthing