Does having dash cam installed reduce insurance rate?

MJKT2014

14 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
23 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Dash Cams are forward facing.

Also no Demister strips on Windscreen.

Keep the funny stuff coming. LOL

I have a rear facing camera. actually the car has two cams, 1front 1 rear ????

Dash Cam - DashBoard.
Dictionary
dash·board
/ˈdaSHbôrd/
noun

1. 1.
    the panel facing the driver of a vehicle or the pilot of an aircraft, containing instruments and controls.

Yes, most new cars have many cameras, rear, side, roof mounted, we are talking Dash Camera.

You’re a funny guy too, keep emm coming. LOL

18 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Dash Cams are forward facing.

Also no Demister strips on Windscreen.

Keep the funny stuff coming. LOL

ah!!    but I use multiple dash cams.

One to the front

One ( no sorry, two) are rear facing; acting each as 1. a reversing cam, and 2. the other is my fulltime rear vision that fully replaces my rear mirror

12 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Thanks guys, so if 5% it maybe worth it. I notice some dash cams on Lazada are under 500THB!

So when doing insurance the company deducts upfront with proof (photo?) of a dashcam or how does that work?

correct my cam was 400 baht from there save another 1500 baht on insurance 

5 minutes ago, VYCM said:
Dash Cam - DashBoard.
Dictionary
dash·board
/ˈdaSHbôrd/
noun

1. 1.
    the panel facing the driver of a vehicle or the pilot of an aircraft, containing instruments and controls.

Yes, most new cars have many cameras, rear, side, roof mounted, we are talking Dash Camera.

You’re a funny guy too, keep emm coming. LOL

Dash-cam is the "general term" used for cams applied to vehicles, yes, but that doesnt stop the device being deployed elsewhere in the vehicle does it. Or would you like them to name each location specifically ...lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if GoPros would satisfy an Insurer?

Placing 4 units (at least) for some 360 panorama

I even tried experimenting using Alfred App, with a handful of past-SmartPhones

Only problem is to have a Master SIM that has a good enough Monthly Download capacity

( and the 2 seconds delay receiving the images over the network)

But jeez it really solved from having all those video cables everywhere!

The Master 'viewer' phone becomes the in-car Wifi Network Hub - using it's Hotspot

13 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Thanks guys, so if 5% it maybe worth it. I notice some dash cams on Lazada are under 500THB!

So when doing insurance the company deducts upfront with proof (photo?) of a dashcam or how does that work?

The company sent someone to my house to photograph the dashcam working, because it has no screen so the picture I had sent them didn't prove that it worked. ????

16 hours ago, khunPer said:

Agree, I also have a dashcam – good quality, more than 500 baht – didn't even check if I could get a reduction in insurance. If looked financially only at 5% off 12,000 baht, i.e. 600 baht, a quality dashcam with 16GB or 32GB card should last for 3-5 years just to break even...????

What's the best dash cam to use as alarm as well, meaning at night people in my parking have tendency to spit on your car or scratch it with their keys, heard that we can find dash cams doing both, does anybody knows a good reliable one. I did visit lazada and there are a couple of them but which one to chose?????

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

What's the best dash cam to use as alarm as well, meaning at night people in my parking have tendency to spit on your car or scratch it with their keys, heard that we can find dash cams doing both, does anybody knows a good reliable one. I did visit lazada and there are a couple of them but which one to chose?????

Unfortunately I have no knowledge – sounds more like a security camera – hope others might know and can help.

????

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, VYCM said:

Last year I received the 5% discount. I had to take photos of the camera outside the car and inside with camera working.

This year when I renewed the policy I was told the 5% discount was for the first year only.

This will be my second year with same insurance company  and still get the discount, depends on the insurance company.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, akampa said:

This will be my second year with same insurance company  and still get the discount, depends on the insurance company.

Can I ask who your insurer is, I feel my agent may not be telling the truth. 

Try a look at BlackVue. Expensive though.

It’s always a good idea to read your post before submitting.

From what I read I think you are indicating the quote should show my discount!!!

My policy mentions my NCB discount only, nothing mentioned regarding Dash Cam discount.

50 per cent.png

11 hours ago, VYCM said:

From what I read I think you are indicating the quote should show my discount!!!

My policy mentions my NCB discount only, nothing mentioned regarding Dash Cam discount.

50 per cent.png

Well sunbeam, I filled out a form online at Roojai.com, all in English and one question was do you have a dash cam, yes or no, the premium is adjusted if a yes...

4 hours ago, transam said:
15 hours ago, VYCM said:

50 per cent.png

Well sunbeam, I filled out a form online at Roojai.com, all in English and one question was do you have a dash cam, yes or no, the premium is adjusted if a yes...

Now that’s a better reply.

Mmm, Sunbeam, I’m more of a Mustang convertible (I assume you are talking cars!!)

Anyway, I recently had a quote from Roojai.com, I think I will use them next year when this policy expires.

Let us all know if you have and issues with Roojai.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Mmm, Sunbeam, I’m more of a Mustang convertible (I assume you are talking cars!!)

Anyway, I recently had a quote from Roojai.com, I think I will use them next year when this policy expires.

Cheers

Roojai is just a broker, the actual insurance company they use details are the important stuff...I read it regarding my quote..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VYCM said:

Cheers

A Rapier Sharp wit at work again on TV.

On 10/24/2018 at 3:09 PM, nrasmussen said:
On 10/23/2018 at 10:05 AM, Mavideol said:

Try a look at BlackVue. Expensive though.

I did, thanks, it may be worth the money if it does what they claim, found some discounts as well

• Like 1