'Dark-skinned people' targeted in Thailand immigrant crackdown

webfact

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No need for such an attitude , can we a civil discussion without the  "Oh for goodness sake"s ?

Apologies but it does become frustrating when people counter the argument in their  reply having overlooked the obvious, do you not agree ?  But we digress so just let the post get back on topic

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Apologies but it does become frustrating when people counter the argument in their  reply having overlooked the obvious, do you not agree ?  But we digress so just let the post get back on topic

As far as I'm aware , it was solely Indians who got expelled from Uganda and then went to the UK , so it would be highly improbable for an African Uganda to have a UK passport after being expelled from Uganda

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As far as I'm aware , it was solely Indians who got expelled from Uganda and then went to the UK , so it would be highly improbable for an African Uganda to have a UK passport after being expelled from Uganda

Last time and no more pls, we are off topic .Families too as I already reported. Whilst minimal there were some. Those Indian Ugandans mostly already had British passports.  This occurred during the 1970's so hence was  prior to  the British Nationality Act of 1981. Up until that time those people married to British Citizen could obtain British Nationality by virtue of marriage to same.  Hence my earlier comment "given free British passports".  So going back to what I correctly stated in my earlier post "are you sure they were not Ugandans with British passports"

2 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Would appreciate if you could send a link to a site showing the statistics please for comparison purposes. 

No statistics,   just a few years of personal experience, but must admit,  it's been

about 10-12  years from the last time I got a machine gun or rifle put in my face,

buy some nice police man or nice army guy, wanting money.

but hey,   I could be just out of date,  maybe it's better now days.  :jap:

I love west Africa :bah::bah:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Question: Is Thailand a racist country? Answer : Yes it is. Why: Lack of education. 

Yes there is racism in Thailand, as in (nearly?) all countries,

but the level of racism is nowhere near of some western countries, such as USA.

Not a racism action when most of "nabbing criminals" are Nigerian or Ugandan.

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:
"The suspicious targets are the dark-skinned people," shouted an officer.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/thailand-immigration-dark-skinned-x-ray-outlaw-foreigner-10848930
I think that pretty much confirms it. Dark skinned people may or may not be more likely to commit crime, but it seems they are far more likely to get pulled by the cops, based not on what they are doing, but simply their colour.
Seems like immigration are trying to score some cheap points with the populace with such actions, simultaneously reinforcing their stereotype mind sets.

if the cap fits....

1 hour ago, robsamui said:

Agreed. Whenever the subject has come up - either in conversation or by attitudes displayed - every Thai person involved has been open in their dislike of 'chocolate people'. They've never heard of 'racism' and are puzzled as to why it might be considered undesirable, as it seems perfectly natural to them.

Indians get an even worse rap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

No statistics,   just a few years of personal experience, but must admit,  it's been

about 10-12  years from the last time I got a machine gun or rifle put in my face,

buy some nice police man or nice army guy, wanting money.

but hey,   I could be just out of date,  maybe it's better now days.  :jap:

I love west Africa :bah::bah:

I had a similar experience in Accra some years ago. Soldiers with no shoestrings in their sneakers that use their AK-47 to point where to go are not a real confidence builder. 

• Haha 1