Gasohol and motorcycles - Udon Thani

Danny1967

9 minutes ago, Danny1967 said:

Yeah just for reader's info as realized sharing would help machines as just bought a gd110 w no gasohol sticker but the dealer filled a little gasohol n gave meemoji3.png

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well that's a good point but it begs the question would a bike manufacturer really be manufacturing in Thailand, or importing into Thailand, new motorcycles that require a fuel that is no longer sold . i.e Benzine 95 RON ?

• Like 2

Well that's a good point but it begs the question would a bike manufacturer really be manufacturing in Thailand, or importing into Thailand, new motorcycles that require a fuel that is no longer sold . i.e Benzine 95 RON ?
True it is reducing in access of availability but benzene 91 can be got freely as yet and definitely important to save carburetor inclusive systems

Just now, ThaidDown said:

Benzine 91 is not available in Thailand now.

Benzine 95 is available at some outlets.

Yes I know it is which is exactly my point in response to Danny1967 that did he think they would be sold if you could not get the fuel.  The only point he appears to be making is that the shop they put a little Gasohol 95 in in the tank to get him away and to the garage where he could fill up with (95 benzine).  

10 minutes ago, Danny1967 said:

True it is reducing in access of availability but benzene 91 can be got freely as yet and definitely important to save carburetor inclusive systems

Suzuki GD carburetor inclusive systems can run on E20 as can a 20 year old Honda Wave.

• Like 1

Yes I know it is which is exactly my point in response to Danny1967 that did he think they would be sold if you could not get the fuel.  The only point he appears to be making is that the shop they put a little Gasohol 95 in in the tank to get him away and to the garage where he could fill up with (95 benzine).  
[emoji3] was only trying to share the idea with people for help with their machines and not making a point of anything.. to each his/her own...lots of excitement...just chatting

I had for many years a Harley build 2004 and with Gasohol I had troubles, dissolved fuel hoses, Gasket in the Carburettor was gone in pieces until a dealer in Pattaya and in Khone Kaen told me the same.

Do not use Gasohol. 

Even now I fill in all my Bikes Benzin 95 if possible.

• Like 1

I noticed the sticker on the Suzuki gd110 tank too asked the dealer about it they just said use 91

but think there should be no problems using gasohol  91 octane and higher

(Compression Ratio 9.5 : 1 )

if (should not happen but ) fuel hoses and gaskets dissolve then replace them with modern ethanol tolerant versions.

The Suzuki website doesn't say anything about fuel type !

https://www.thaisuzuki.co.th/en/bikes/gd110hu/

specifications

GD110HU.pdf

Parts

Suzuki-GD110HU-N.pdf

• Like 1

I had for many years a Harley build 2004 and with Gasohol I had troubles, dissolved fuel hoses, Gasket in the Carburettor was gone in pieces until a dealer in Pattaya and in Khone Kaen told me the same.
Do not use Gasohol. 
[emoji106][emoji106]

1 hour ago, See Will said:

Do not use Gasohol. 

Nonsense you need to catch up with technology for many years the gaskets for carbs are available,  nowadays every carb bike if you can find one will be compatible with gasohol fuels.

Our 20 year carb fueled Wave runs fine on E20.

Edited by Kwasaki

On 10/27/2018 at 11:08 AM, Esso49 said:

Readily available, has a yellow sticker on the pump. will never use that gasahol crap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1