Anti-Junta Rap Video Is ‘Abominable,’ Suthep Says

webfact

29 minutes ago, Krabi King said:

“These days, all citizens are free to express their opinions in all aspects. So the authorities have to admit that we can’t limit the personal opinions of people, especially of the youth,” Maj. Gen. Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn, who also heads the Immigration Bureau, wrote Sunday on Facebook. “This is their opinion, which the poo yai should listen to.”

Big Joke is looking for likes it seems. His previous statement sounded quite opposite.

If that is correct, then IMO that is a really bold statement from BJ in the face of his ultimate bosses.

Again, if it is true, respect to him for understanding the 'little people's' opinions........................ :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

If that is correct, then IMO that is a really bold statement from BJ in the face of his ultimate bosses.

Again, if it is true, respect to him for understanding the 'little people's' opinions........................ :thumbsup:

Sure thing, buddy...

3 hours ago, cmsally said:

My only wish is, that in 10-20 years time, these rappers will not be selling their souls advertising the next big thing in beer or instant noodles!

What a truly ridiculous remark.

Edited by HooHaa

30 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

How many people have been killed from rap versus military weapons Mr. Suthep that were under your command? If there's a political abomination in Thailand, Suthep should examine himself.

Any true and sound justice, he would still be in jail....

Rubbing elbows with the particular types. 

• Like 2

Just now, CALSinCM said:

This will eventually end up a clash between establishment dinosaurs and an awaking population of Thai youth.

I don't think so....

Been attempted and displayed numerous times in the past, with the same failed results. 

I see the figures have just hit 20,131,796 views,  with 774K likes and 18K dislikes. (That's at 19:45)

You have to sign in now too, in order to watch the video (says it might be inappropriate for some users). I'd guess that's the strong English language subtitles.

Edited by bluesofa
addendum

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

The junta have quickly backed down from their usual 'throw them in jail and threaten the public' tactics. I wonder if Suthep will now follow suit and begin to qualify his own remarks...? 

Bully boys can often be caught off guard.

That doesn't mean that the mailed fist has turned to origami as a professional pursuit.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Bully boys can often be caught off guard.

That doesn't mean that the mailed fist has turned to origami as a professional pursuit.

True enough. Let's wait and see what transpires.

• Like 2

The police have officially backed down from any arrests. The statement says "Deputy police chief Srivara Ransibrahmanakul said there was no evidence at this stage to charge the rappers -- so listening, singing and sharing Prathet Ku Mee was “legal for now”.

I can't provide a link I'm afraid.  A source not allowed here.

• Like 1

Was in the Australia media, thai military regime threatening rap artists with imprisonment for expressing an opinion.  I think these numnuts should keep their mouths shut and cease with the threats, don't they realise they have given this song world wide publicity.

• Like 1