Excuse me -- about that mountain of luggage at Terminal 21 mall

Jingthing

Inquiring minds want to know ...

What's up with that huge mountain of luggage at the 2nd road pedestrian front Paris floor entrance of T 21 Mall?

What happened to all the people that left or lost their luggage and never claimed it?

Are they OK?

Did they meet their ends at a Pattaya mall?

Shopping ghosts?

Was the "sculpture" paid for by a luggage merchant?

Is it art?

If it is art, just how bad is it according to leading art critics?

What was the "artist" trying to say with that sculpture? A theme about death, loss, how mass tourism kills destinations, the emptiness of consumerism, or all of the above?

Is there a reason it's featured for people entering by foot as opposed to by parking garage?

Perhaps a subtext theme about class differences in Thai society?

How does it make you feel to see that mountain of luggage every time you walk into the mall?

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

How does it make you feel to see that mountain of luggage every time you walk into the mall?

It reminds me not to leave my baggage unattended at any time

"as it may be removed and destroyed for security reasons"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow! I like it. Can't wait to see it in person. Maybe put mine on top if I get one of the suitcases with my photo all over it. Then I will be king of the mountain! Chaiyo!

I find it amusing to see Asians walking their suitcases everywhere like dogs. I see them in malls and restaurants and BTS etc. Do they actually rent rooms to sleep in? Whatever floats your boat.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

Maybe a great place to add a luggage with a bomb inside...

I do not think that his "art" is a smart idea..

In some countries, you'd get yourself arrested for making such a suggestive statement.

and that lampost in the background is more historic than any of the crap they show in bangkok

- here you see another bloody temple, this one has curly bits on the roof made from wood and bit of mirror to blind the burmians if they invade again

8 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

Well it's art, and like the other art at T21, whether you like it or not, it fits in well with their overall concept. Obviously it caught the eye of enough people to take pictures. 

I don't really think it's art. Commercial art maybe. 

I don't care what it is. I do not spend one second thinking about it.  
Yes different people have different filters. Personally it evokes dark feelings. Not what I'm looking for when entering a big fun shopping super mall. I'm aware that's unusual which is one reason I started this thread - - to hear other people's reactions if any.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app