Beards

nausea

3 minutes ago, chocolatesound1 said:

Way over thinking it.. styles come and go, mustaches, beards, side burns, baggy pants, tight pants, etc. no meaning at all... kids just follow what ever popular people wear.

Kids with beards???

7 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

Beards and tattoos shows the world how unique, distinctive, and individual young people are - a true sign of individuality and social rebellion.  :thumbsup:

... until everyone has one. Then it becomes a sign of conformity. ????

5 hours ago, vogie said:

A recent survey stated that a beard can harbour more germs than a toilet seat.

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/lifestyle/health-and-wellbeing/040818/beard-is-riddled-with-nasty-bacteria-faecal-matter-and-may-cause-infe.html

Now all you Beardies I expect you will be all clean shaven tomorrow?

pity the poor guy with a beard that was puking with his beard on the toilet seat.   Double trouble !

• Haha 1

The loathsome face furniture is in fashion again. Is that so strange? Did you never wear loons as a young man, or winklepickers, or tie-dyed t-shirts, or pierce your ear lobes or wear a mullet? Or use your beard for straining soup, like the incomparable Viv's brother:

Edited by PerkinsCuthbert

It's always a good policy to avoid the Thai girls with beards. And as for the young Western guys with beards, they'll keep on scratching their heads (and their itchy, flea-ridden beards) wondering why they can't get a Thai girl despite being young, fit and having money, because they are unaware that Thai women hate beards. A growing percentage of Western guys aged under 30 are nowadays "incels". If you don't know what that means, look it up!

1 hour ago, Thainess said:

It's always a good policy to avoid the Thai girls with beards. And as for the young Western guys with beards, they'll keep on scratching their heads (and their itchy, flea-ridden beards) wondering why they can't get a Thai girl despite being young, fit and having money, because they are unaware that Thai women hate beards. A growing percentage of Western guys aged under 30 are nowadays "incels". If you don't know what that means, look it up!

I'm happy to report that I've never met a Thai girl with a beard!!

1 hour ago, Thainess said:

A growing percentage of Western guys aged under 30 are nowadays "incels". If you don't know what that means, look it up!

I looked it up...one has to learn new terms on a daily basis these days to keep up with with the madness...

The young Japanese have solved this problem, having their (virtual) girlfriend always with them in their mobile phone!

8 hours ago, Kurtf said:

When I was young lad the style was “CleanCut”. Today the style is “Grubby”. You can see it in the entertainers as well. The Sillouettes, the Marcel’s, all the singing groups were well dressed in beautiful suits and the ladies all wore dresses with crinolines. The decline in personal public appearance is closely related to the decline in morals. Truly pathetic.

The worst part of this is that you are not joking. In which world does letting your facial hair grow, either constantly or from time to time, have anything to do with your morals? Get over yourself, your post is truly pathetic.

Edited by bergan
Grammar

2 hours ago, Thainess said:

Actually, I'll tell you the real reason. It's because the majority of males aged under 30 are terribly insecure about their masculinity and position in society, due to feminism and identity politics among other things, and as a result they overcompensate by growing the beard to create an illusory feeling of the masculinity they sadly lack. I'm so glad I'm not a man under 30 in a western country these days.

Did it ever occur to you that many people with beards are actually very secure, but prioritize practicality over physical appearance? Or that their views on physical appearance are not the same as yours?

• Like 1

It's because I've had a beard for a long time even though I was warned Thai girls don't like them. They are a lot more worldly than given credit for. Never a problem for me. I have sensitive skin, it is a good option for me.

Now that athletes have copied me, everyone wants to look like me. IMHO

• Haha 1

Hatted the 2 moles on my chin as a kid, as soon as I could I grew a goatee beard,  well the only difference now 54 years later is the colour.........  I have been in fashion lots of times over the years, weeks away from 69 I'm back in fashion again.

• Like 1

Obviously some on here are older (the clean cuts) than me and others younger that do not realise beards were the fashion in the 70's (in OZ at least). All of my friends had beards even on their wedding day. I overdid it a bit longer as my first wife never saw me without one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elgenon said:

It's because I've had a beard for a long time even though I was warned Thai girls don't like them. They are a lot more worldly than given credit for. Never a problem for me. I have sensitive skin, it is a good option for me.

Now that athletes have copied me, everyone wants to look like me. IMHO

I had a ZZtop beard once, Thai girls loved to stroke it because I would hide 1000 baht bills in it.

I have a few friends who are in their 20's and 30's and have adopted the Hipster look with full beards.  Personally I think it's daft as it makes them look 5-10 years older.

I consider myself quite fortunate to not be especially hairy.  I need to shave my chest about once a month, my balls about once a week (or less) and my face I shave usually every 2 days unless I'm going out.  

• Haha 1

I hate the things. Sometimes i wonder what germs live in there, will that beer foam dry to dust, will he finish that egg later on. Fine if you sailed single handed round the world, but Teacher you look a right Country Supper in yer  V neck Cardi , Jesus Creepers n Beard.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, cracker1 said:

I would have thought a beard would be hot and uncomfortable to wear in this climate unless you were born of a culture that has been wearing for hundreds of years ?

Not if kept short. I used a hair clipper with a spacer. I like mine as I hate stubble and I can't be bothered to shave every day.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2018 at 7:47 PM, PerkinsCuthbert said:

The loathsome face furniture is in fashion again. Is that so strange? Did you never wear loons as a young man, or winklepickers, or tie-dyed t-shirts, or pierce your ear lobes or wear a mullet? Or use your beard for straining soup, like the incomparable Viv's brother:

Nope, never!

Though I must confess I had longish hair and wore platform shoes in the early seventies.

Never have and never would have a beard, tash, tattoo or body piercing of any description.

Edited by Tofer

I never forget a Thai lady's comment about a particularly hairy lad she was with in the Banana Disco, back in the old days when it was in front of the Safari hotel on Patong beach road, I digress. She insisted on dancing with me and my partner and when I asked why, she replied he's like a monkey! 

So I guess it's true that Thai women don't like hairy bodies.