How is T21 doing?

thaibeachlovers

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Another one is the 'pointless' Avenue on Second which admittedly has seen more retail churn that most others but it's still there, still evolving, still existing.

What you had expected, that they tear it down, and then get law suits from all the leaseholders that bought a lifetime lease at a cheap price?

Because it still exist doesn't mean it's doing well, or even profitable

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

How's this for a 'pointless' expansion? Villa Market opening up on the short stretch of SSCC between Sukhumvit and the railway tracks.

Glad you mention that one. I take it that you mean " the little walk", which has it's entrance actually on Sukhumvit so no idea why you say SSCC, and yes this will be the very same disaster to the one they built in Laem Chabang in front of the Meyer factory.

It has been deserted for the past 5 years.

Look at the " little walk " there are only 4 or 5 shops under construction, which are the usual franchises from multi nationals like starbucks.

Aren't you one of those denying in the past that Harbor Pattaya being a dud, while everyone could see the truth?

The food court offers better food than all other malls in Pattaya & also cheap. Green curry/rice/egg 45 baht. Coke 10/15 baht. Water 8 baht.

T21 also has a Carls Jr, burger/fries/refill coke 109 baht. Half the price of a BK or McDonalds & twice as good.

The clothing shops are overpriced and appear empty of customers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Aromatherapy oil diffusers.  Not sure if they are popular or just have incredible markup making it a popular item to try selling in Thailand.  Most are under 2000 baht but they can run up to 5000 baht and you have to buy expensive oils to use them.  

oil diffuser.jpg

As much use as a box of rocks IMHO.

Like these...

706238132_boxofrocks.jpg.49012944effd4533568668d646ed8f08.jpg

About 3700 baht + shipping. Knock yourself out.

56 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

As much use as a box of rocks IMHO.

Like these...

706238132_boxofrocks.jpg.49012944effd4533568668d646ed8f08.jpg

About 3700 baht + shipping. Knock yourself out.

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got.  We have these in every room and there's a calm atmosphere so well worth the money.

I was in T21 yesterday, from 11am, when it opened, there was a steady stream of cars going in and Foodland was quite busy.

From midday quite a lot of people on most every floor taking pictures of their friends in the telephone box and on the gondola, it would seem the many high end handbag, shoe and clothing stores are mostly devoid of customers with only board assistants inside. The restaurants and coffee shops looked to be filling up nicely.  It was getting busier around 2pm as we left.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

True but there are already clues.
Food fine.
Retail questionable.
Pics of fake international stuff through the roof.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Let's see when novelty wears off and the food court vendors are charged a rent, but one should keep in mind that a mall with a price ticket like T21 has to do much better than just fine to be profitable

On 11/13/2018 at 7:58 PM, AlexCanada said:

Aromatherapy oil diffusers.  Not sure if they are popular or just have incredible markup making it a popular item to try selling in Thailand.  Most are under 2000 baht but they can run up to 5000 baht and you have to buy expensive oils to use them.  

oil diffuser.jpg

Well, you could have a 2,000,000 % markup, but if you don't sell any it "ain't no nevermind".

On 11/15/2018 at 9:19 AM, janclaes47 said:

T21 is open a merely 3 weeks, hard to determine if it does just fine

Well, he said it is doing just fine which is true.  It was not a future question.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:28 AM, janclaes47 said:

Let's see when novelty wears off and the food court vendors are charged a rent, but one should keep in mind that a mall with a price ticket like T21 has to do much better than just fine to be profitable

As in BKK they will never be charged rent so the novelty will not wear off.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

As far as I know the business model of these food courts is that the court owner processes the cash receipts and distribution and takes a percentage off the top for doing so. This is why they have the payment cards today and, previously, the payment vouchers.

On 11/13/2018 at 2:25 PM, chicowoodduck said:

T21 will be the death of Harbour Mall just like I predicted a loooong time ago......it is not rocket science.....maybe they will turn the joint into some condos?   55555 ????

Describe death.  Carrying costs are almost nothing in Thailand.  Look at Mikes shopping mall.  Nobody goes beyond the 1st floor and yet it is still going after all these years.  I guess they are converting upper floors into a hotel now.  I think it even has a swimming pool up there.  And it's waterfront.  

So I seriously doubt Harbor will turn into some abandoned building.  Of course that won't stop all the chicken littles around here who love to predict doom on everything and are perpetually wrong.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Well, he said it is doing just fine which is true.  It was not a future question.

Some else here said they only have free rent for the first 3 months.  

I am sure the wife and i will pop in there now and then ,just as we do in central , but there is nothing there really that i would go especially for . but i am sure it will still be going long after i am not .
You must not be into food then because there are very many food options there available nowhere else in town.

On 11/13/2018 at 2:57 PM, balo said:

No , Central is still popular and will always be. 

But there is a market for both malls, I see a lot more Thais inside T21 than foreigners, also more Asians like Chinese and Koreans because of all the great food choices for them. 

I live nearby so I visit almost daily during my exercise , and it's never been empty , seem to be a lot of people walking around. But if they buy something is another matter.  

Some restaurants are always busy , others are empty. Foodland seem to be doing well. 

Foodland is Garbage in there.. Small and not much choice.. klang one much better

You must not be into food then because there are very many food options there available nowhere else in town.

Yes we will eat there from time to time,but the wife is a good cook and does ,a lot

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes. That to me is an excellent summary of dining in a shopping centre, and summarises perfectly everything I hate about the entire experience.
The restaurants shown in this short clip on the way to the food court had nothing but food I would not eat even if it were given to me (Burgers, KFC and other deep fried processed crap). Then you get to the food court itself, as always what a performance buying cards or tickets. There are always loads of options that are pre cooked and served up lukewarm or cold! YUK????
Then that ever wonderful search around for a seat, wandering around with your tray of food, which even if it were hot when you got it, most certainly will not be by the time you eat it. Quite often in these places when they are busy you may even have the pleasure of moving previous customers dirty plates and cutlery from a table in order to sit at it yourself.
Those of you that get pleasure from these places, I am not being critical of you, anything but. However, this whole concept does not fit with my idea of going out for a meal, sometimes under duress when we are away from home and in need of food I will tolerate this if there are no other options.
It's not only fast food chains by a long shot. There are a number of wonderful unique in Pattaya real restaurants in there. I have no problem with you or anyone not liking the place but blatant misrepresentation needs to be called out as BS.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Those of you that get pleasure from these places, I am not being critical of you, anything but.

???

You are truly full of it.

Your entire post is critical of these places and the people who visit them.

Nice try....

• Like 2

I would not call eating in a food court ,an eating out experiance,if we are going out for a meal we go to a restaurant,a food court is more ,you happen to be there and its time to eat after saying that T21 food court so far has been fine,bit crowded,but you dont expect anything else.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app