Phuket van driver falls asleep at the wheel, slams into street lamp

snoop1130

Phuket van driver falls asleep at the wheel, slams into street lamp

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1542276318_1-org.jpg

The van driver, 29-year-old Tawee Prasert, told police that he fell asleep at the wheel. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- A passenger van driver has been charged with reckless driving causing damage to property after he fell asleep at the wheel, with his van slamming into a street lamp on Chao Fa East Rd in Wichit just after midday today (Nov 15).

The force of the impact uprooted the street lamp entirely from the central reservation, leaving it strewn across the busy road.

No passengers were in the van at the time of the accident, confirmed Capt Chatree Choowochian of the Wichit Police.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-van-driver-falls-asleep-at-the-wheel-slams-into-street-lamp-69356.php#demo

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-11-15

15 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

What .... driver admits blame. Shock horror.

Agree. I'm shocked that the driver was able to speak (or being alive) after the impact. Looking at the windshield, I assume he didn't use his seat/safety belt.

Edited by Vacuum

14 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

Street lighting poles in developed countries comply with standards that require the poles to be “frangible” in that they don’t provide resistance to impact and subsequently killing everyone in the vehicle. However, it doesn’t always work to protect as the attached video shows.

I hate myself for laughing at this .

• Haha 1