The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

54 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

it's just unbelievable the amount of daily garbage/BS on the news reporting about the guy, why not let it go, the media should move on to more important news, the guy has a life and a family to care for the rest it's just blablabla to sell space or magazines

Ronaldo should get a life.

What would you rather the MSM chat about; global warming?

As soon as the EPL starts again Ronaldo will not be mentioned on this thread.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

it's just unbelievable the amount of daily garbage/BS on the news reporting about the guy, why not let it go, the media should move on to more important news, the guy has a life and a family to care for the rest it's just blablabla to sell space or magazines

Why do the media report on him a lot...let me see. Because he's one of the most famous people in the world?

Nobody is forcing you to read / watch it

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Quote by Chris Sutton:

Like Manchester United, Portugal appear to be better off without Ronaldo.

Is he right?

I said that we are better without him on November 7th.

I think Portugal ,  like us , play better and have more options when he is not on the pitch.

There is too much emphasis on him scoring , which makes things predictable in the final third.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 9:42 AM, NE1 said:

I'm sorry to say , but I think we function as a team better when he is not playing.

There appears to be too much emphasis on him having to score our goals. 

I agree. Was he ever a team player? He was - at his best - arguably the number one player in the world. Since losing that first yard of pace, his individuality, that served him, and his clubs, so well, is now a liability.

He should bow out gracefully after Portugal are gone. But I think it's more likely that he will move on where they will pay top dosh for him. Where is that?

Every time I hear or read his name I think of that 'wink' that Rooney saw.

On 12/10/2022 at 4:58 PM, NE1 said:

He was a good team player , but the older he got the more it became about him.

I think it was more that as he got older he became a 'normal' centre forward that relies on others for service more. Not so much selfish, just a victim of his previous ability in many ways 

I ain't interested in any more Ronaldo talk - <deleted> him, he's in the past - I just wanna get back to watching my boys play - Burnley next up in the Doctor Pepper Cup - Come on you Reds ????

Edited by metisdead
8. You will not post vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 8:35 AM, RickG16 said:

Thoughts?

Screenshot_2022-12-21-09-34-40-63_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Not unexpected. Buys time. De Gea is a worry after so many years, great shot stopper but still incapable of being reliable in ball distribution. You would think after 1,000's of hours training it would improve but it hasn't ,important part of the game the way EtH wants to play.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Did anyone watch last night? From the highlights seemed fairly comfortable 

Watched full replay this morning ,reasonably comfortable but but high flying Championship side Burnley squandered chances. Rashford's goal was brilliant ,seems he has well and truly got over his slump. Pity we didn't see Sancho. How a young player with his potential can be in such a mess is beyond me.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Did anyone watch last night? From the highlights seemed fairly comfortable 

3am kick off here but obviously stayed up to watch it - Very comfortable match, but Burnley probably more interested in their current promotion push - Decent team who like to play out from the back.

Interesting to see that Maguire wasn't even in the squad - AWB had a good game, probably trying to put himself in the shop window - Rashford had a great game too, i wonder how much PSG would have offered for him ??? Garnacho missed a couple of 1st half chances but we really need a proper number 9 - Martial just aint cutting it - Malacia looked quality again - In the draw for the 1/4 finals, so all's well. Next up, Nottingham Forest in the league ????

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Pity we didn't see Sancho. How a young player with his potential can be in such a mess is beyond me.

Problem with this, is that it'll fester in the minds of other younger  players(&their agents) we're trying to attract and put them off joining. What will Bellingham be thinking - I played with him and he was great, now he can't even get a game in a mickey mouse tournament.  Lost his England place.

They'll be thinking someone of Sancho's status went there & he's now been ostracized to some lower league club as his fitness and mind is not correct ( according to EtH.

Doesn't bode well for attracting young players....

40 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

They'll be thinking someone of Sancho's status went there & he's now been ostracized to some lower league club as his fitness and mind is not correct ( according to EtH.

a lot of these players over rated.

I heard Jenas say Bellingham was like Gerrard and Lampard rolled into one after his game against Iran .  Please.

Some are just not as good as they are made out to be.....IMHO

Edited by NE1
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, NE1 said:

a lot of these players over rated.

I heard Jenas say Bellingham was like Gerrard and Lampard rolled into one after his game against Iran .  Please.

Some are just not as good as they are made out to be.....IMHO

Let's see. He's certainly as good if not better than those 2 at the same age. But can he continue to get better and do it season after season.... That remains to be seen. 

Edited by RickG16

1 hour ago, Pmbkk said:

Problem with this, is that it'll fester in the minds of other younger  players(&their agents) we're trying to attract and put them off joining. What will Bellingham be thinking - I played with him and he was great, now he can't even get a game in a mickey mouse tournament.  Lost his England place.

Doesn't bode well for attracting young players....

Will they be thinking that? Or will they back their own ability and mindset to be better than Sancho has been?

Sancho's form is his fault, not the club's. Looks like Ten Hag had read the riot act so let's see if he can resurrect himself. Rashford managed it

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

3am kick off here but obviously stayed up to watch it - Very comfortable match, but Burnley probably more interested in their current promotion push - Decent team who like to play out from the back.

Interesting to see that Maguire wasn't even in the squad - AWB had a good game, probably trying to put himself in the shop window - Rashford had a great game too, i wonder how much PSG would have offered for him ??? Garnacho missed a couple of 1st half chances but we really need a proper number 9 - Martial just aint cutting it - Malacia looked quality again - In the draw for the 1/4 finals, so all's well. Next up, Nottingham Forest in the league ????

What in particular didn't you like about how Martial played? I'm a bit worried that our season might be resting on him

55 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Will they be thinking that? Or will they back their own ability and mindset to be better than Sancho has been?

Sancho's form is his fault, not the club's. Looks like Ten Hag had read the riot act so let's see if he can resurrect himself. Rashford managed it

Yes they will ! Sancho's mindset was fine when he was at Dortmund. He was previously at City - so not a totally new environment as some of these kids will find themselves in.

Sometimes please take off those red-tinted glasses off  !!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

Yes they will ! Sancho's mindset was fine when he was at Dortmund. He was previously at City - so not a totally new environment as some of these kids will find themselves in.

Sometimes please take off those red-tinted glasses off  !!

So it's all the club's fault?

Absolute nonsense. He's not been up to it. He hardly got a game (if at all) for City and Dortmund is nowhere even close to the pressure of playing for United in the Premier League.

At least do your research 

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

So it's all the club's fault?

Absolute nonsense. He's not been up to it. He hardly got a game (if at all) for City and Dortmund is nowhere even close to the pressure of playing for United in the Premier League.

At least do your research 

Joker. Sometimes it's best to be quiet !

Haaland seems to be doing ok......

Really, really engage first !

Just now, Pmbkk said:

Joker. Sometimes it's best to be quiet !

Haaland seems to be doing ok......

Really, really engage first !

So because Haaland has done well and Sancho hasn't that's United's fault?

Nothing to do with him not performing on the pitch?

We've had plenty of players perform well under Ten Hag this season and he's not one of them. I'm not saying he can't turn it around, I hope he can.

But to make a player blameless for how he's performing is crazy. 

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

What in particular didn't you like about how Martial played? I'm a bit worried that our season might be resting on him

I hope you are wrong , I think there will be a No 9 coming in January . ETH will not want to just have Martial and Rashford to rely on.

4 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I hope you are wrong , I think there will be a No 9 coming in January . ETH will not want to just have Martial and Rashford to rely on.

So do I. At the moment I'd feel much better about Rashford playing no 9...

Since you like outlandish player comparisons... At his best i think at his best Martial is like a cross between Drogba and Henry (style wise anyway). But he's just so inconsistent and injury prone 

We've had plenty of players perform well under Ten Hag this season and he's not one of them. I'm not saying he can't turn it around, I hope he can.

Now that over-paid Ronaldo has gone, I think we will see United cement a top four place easily.

City

Gunners

United

One other - perhaps Chelsea, but i hope Geordies.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, NE1 said:

I don't think Gakpo is the No.9 required - we have enough of that style of player.

They need someone with a bit of fight and strength

• Like 1

please name a couple that outperformed themselves/did better then before with ETH

21 hours ago, RedArmy said:

Maguire was ill no other reason. AWB played probably provided the best cross of his MU career but EtH obviously doesn't see him as a stand by RB. Scot McTom had another ordinary game. If MU are to be top 4 material he is simply too erratic, good heart, gives 100% but lacks the skill to be a top,reliable mf. Getting Charlton in the quarters is a good draw, like to see Iqbal.

• Like 1