The Official Manchester United Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

50/50? You're having a laugh. Go read the thread. REAL United fans seem to know exactly what the issues are, not some plastic cheerleader on ThaiVisa.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-west-bromwich-albion.459028/

City have Pep. They'll finish top 4. 

I've read and posted on Red Cafe for years. I'd say in general the knowledge of posters has gone down. Seems to be a lot more 'Ahmeds from India' who are influenced by excitable YouTubers and expect nothing less than instant success.

Of course we were all concerned about the performance vs West Brom. 

But I'm more concerned why it seems your second hobby is to talk exclusively about a team other than your own. Actually I am more fascinated than concerned... I think this phenomenon isn't exclusive to you.

It can often be linked to midlife crisis, but I think it's also indicative of the 'enjoying people fail' syndrome. You never talk positive, or indeed at all, about any other club. Strange. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I've read and posted on Red Cafe for years. I'd say in general the knowledge of posters has gone down. Seems to be a lot more 'Ahmeds from India' who are influenced by excitable YouTubers and expect nothing less than instant success.

Of course we were all concerned about the performance vs West Brom. 

But I'm more concerned why it seems your second hobby is to talk exclusively about a team other than your own. Actually I am more fascinated than concerned... I think this phenomenon isn't exclusive to you.

It can often be linked to midlife crisis, but I think it's also indicative of the 'enjoying people fail' syndrome. You never talk positive, or indeed at all, about any other club. Strange. 

Your obsession with me is really cute, flattering even. Thanks Rick :emot-kiss: ????.

However, attacking the poster rather than the content of their posts shows how weak your argument is. It's perfectly normal for people who aren't fans of the club to have an opinion on United, you don't own the thread and you don't get to choose who posts on it. 

You certainly seem overly sensitive about other people's opinions on the club. Are you one of those people who lives vicariously through their football club and therefore takes any criticism to heart? If so you have my sympathy, but maybe forums aren't for you? Just trying to help.

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Says you who just posted a video on the Liverpool thread of an ex-United player explaining why he thinks Liverpool aren't great.  

And then you've got ya mate chippytits posting videos about how Liverpool aren't going to win the league on the United thread. 

When you getting the tattoo and Fat Bob, Big Rick...

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

It's perfectly normal for people who aren't fans of the club to have an opinion on United, you don't own the thread and you don't get to choose who posts on it. 

Sure, but non United fans who never even once post about there own team, and only post negatively about United..  in my book that's strange.

I do discuss United with non United fans who I respect the opinion of on this thread. It is also my perogative not to discuss my club with random bike dudes.

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Says you who just posted a video on the Liverpool thread of an ex-United player explaining why he thinks Liverpool aren't great.  

And then you've got ya mate chippytits posting videos about how Liverpool aren't going to win the league on the United thread. 

When you getting the tattoo and Fat Bob, Big Rick...

Chippy tits ???? you always get me with that one.

What did you think of Evra's point? Can the Klopp crop be compared with your teams of old until they win three on the spin?

Former Manchester United wing-half Maurice Setters, who was Bobby Charlton's best man and assistant to Jack Charlton with Ireland, dies aged 83 after battle with Alzheimer's

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8978097/Former-Manchester-United-player-Jack-Charltons-assistant-Maurice-Setters-dies-aged-83.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Chippy tits ???? you always get me with that one.

What did you think of Evra's point? Can the Klopp crop be compared with your teams of old until they win three on the spin?

???? Once I saw his mug on the still there was no way I was going to listen to it. History aside, I find him a bit of a <deleted> and a lazy pundit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

???? Once I saw his mug on the still there was no way I was going to listen to it. History aside, I find him a bit of a <deleted> and a lazy pundit.

Yeah I agree. I think he decided he was going to follow Keanes pundit model but he can’t carry it off. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

^^^ I can see why Evra gets on your nerves, he does his best to be as partizan as possible by sniping at our rivals and cement his 'legend' status with the fans... to be honest it works!  Whereas Keane is over-critical of United if anything. 

To digress, just seeing Telles make a pretty average league debut reminded how good Evra was. At the time he came in Heinze had been voted player of the year and looked like he'd made LB his own. But Evra was truly a box to box player along the left hand side. Amazing work rate and pace. 

2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

^^^ I can see why Evra gets on your nerves, he does his best to be as partizan as possible by sniping at our rivals and cement his 'legend' status with the fans... to be honest it works!  Whereas Keane is over-critical of United if anything. 

To digress, just seeing Telles make a pretty average league debut reminded how good Evra was. At the time he came in Heinze had been voted player of the year and looked like he'd made LB his own. But Evra was truly a box to box player along the left hand side. Amazing work rate and pace. 

Yeah, not knocking his “legend” status and I am sure from that perspective United fans will love seeing him on TV and for sure it works for them. But for me as a neutral watching him it def does not. 

I actually rather enjoy listening to the likes Scholes. Clearly not gifted as far as being eloquent but as a fan tells it straight, good or bad and comes across as not going out of his way for headlines even though he still attracts them one way or another. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Evra's first game wasn't to clever

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Evra's first game wasn't to clever

I think you're right... and Vidic looked well off the pace when he first joined too. I remember he came back after the summer and seemed to be a different player... lean mean wrecking machine!!!

I was only talking about this just the other day. It seems the highly esteemed Ian Wright agrees

Ian Wright calls for Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes' penalty technique to be banned

The Portuguese attacking midfielder scored the winning goal in United's 1-0 win over West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, but his spot-kick has sparked controversy.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wright-ban-fernandes-penalty-technique-19324404

Manchester United player ratings: Bruno Fernandes and Edinson Cavani good vs Istanbul Basaksehir

Man United returned to winning ways in the Champions League with a resounding win over Istanbul Basaksehir and here is how the players rated.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-united-player-ratings-fernandes-19339967

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I was only talking about this just the other day. It seems the highly esteemed Ian Wright agrees

Ian Wright calls for Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes' penalty technique to be banned

The Portuguese attacking midfielder scored the winning goal in United's 1-0 win over West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, but his spot-kick has sparked controversy.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wright-ban-fernandes-penalty-technique-19324404

It's picking up momentum... Maybe get an online petition going and send to FIFA... So no city player has ever stuttered during a penalty run up then? 

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

It's picking up momentum... Maybe get an online petition going and send to FIFA... So no city player has ever stuttered during a penalty run up then? 

There are stuttering at the moment cant even get a penalty

25 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Rashford fair stuttered in the run up for his penalty last night, lots of players do it. However, significant that Fernandes declined the penalty.

Manchester United 'close in on Hakan Calhanoglu deal' and more transfer rumours can get him for Free at the end of the season

0_GettyImages-1287195650.jpg

Thanks for keeping us updated as always mate... But personally I don't get the transfer chat when there is over a month til Jan and end of the season is long way away. If there is any solid news on Pogba that's of interest though! If we get a good price for him in Jan we should use that money for Sancho or another big money signing.

21 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks for keeping us updated as always mate... But personally I don't get the transfer chat when there is over a month til Jan and end of the season is long way away. If there is any solid news on Pogba that's of interest though! If we get a good price for him in Jan we should use that money for Sancho or another big money signing.

Nah, nothing on Pogba all quiet, the only talk was last week a swap deal with Verane from RM not even a wispier on signing a new contract, Maybe Riola wants another payday

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Pogba on his own

Paul Pogba was absent from United's victories over West Brom and Istanbul Basaksehir due an ankle injury.

The midfielder featured in all three of France's matches during the recent international break and played for 90 minutes in their final game, a 4-2 win over Sweden.

Yet he then picked up a knock that has kept him out of both of United's games since the break - and it looks set to sideline him for  the trip to Southampton.

While Pogba was present at training, he was spotted on his own on a light jog and seemed to be moving gingerly as his run came to an end.

Pogba on his own

Paul Pogba was absent from United's victories over West Brom and Istanbul Basaksehir due an ankle injury.

The midfielder featured in all three of France's matches during the recent international break and played for 90 minutes in their final game, a 4-2 win over Sweden.

Yet he then picked up a knock that has kept him out of both of United's games since the break - and it looks set to sideline him for  the trip to Southampton.

While Pogba was present at training, he was spotted on his own on a light jog and seemed to be moving gingerly as his run came to an end.

I watched the press conference. I'm reluctant to call Ole a liar but let's just say this new ankle injury didn't sound entirety convincing. Let's see if the injury lasts all the way til Jan