The Official Chelsea FC Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Don,t agree with Neville,s assessment of the early part of the game,we were not shambolic and all over the place......they did not run all over us at any point in that game. Yep they created 2 chances in that opening 20 minutes,and that was it ,were they camped outside our box and Sanchez was forced into making save after save ..Nope or the defence was clearing shots of the line and conceding corner after corner..nope they had 1 corner and that was it.Colwill gave away too much space and turned his back on the shot deflecting the ball past the Star fish we had in goal. james also gave away too much space early doors. Frustrating to watch both Jackson and Sterling continually drifting off side then taking ages to get back on side.

Yeah result was good but we have played much better than that this season...the other mob just lost there heads and shot themselves in the foot on numerous occasions.

Sanchez is becoming less and less convincing with every game that passes.imho

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Did you see the whole game Keith? I had to get up early for a Melbourne Cup do, so I only caught the highlights.

Yep saw the whole game live,watched it again yesterday and I am currently watching the whole game again on the Chelsea Fc website. Nevlle actually said they were "all over us like a rash" that was on 5.20secs a ridiculous statement given the evidence....but he is a Manc twatt...unfortunately there is a bigger Manc twatt reffing our game at weekend htf he gets that game is beyond me.

7 hours ago, smokie36 said:

You almost went 2-2 at 94 mins against 9 men...mugs all day long....loved your lad Jackson looking smug at the end....bottom half fodder that lot.

Apologies ...."Mugs all day long"...obviously you were referring to your mobs ridiculously High Line.:whistling:

Thought there penalty was a wrong decision..but that,s life. Over 4 minutes were lost in added time on our penalty and Sterlings foul,so game should have finished on 102/103minutes not the 100 it finished on..hence Poch,s reaction at the end:ermm:

Cucurella Sterling Gallagher Palmer all good...great save by Sanchez in that 1st half.

Actually glad there is an International Break (so long as no one gets injured),chance to regroup and hopefully have a few faces back for the away trip to Newcastle.

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Thought there penalty was a wrong decision..but that,s life. Over 4 minutes were lost in added time on our penalty and Sterlings foul,so game should have finished on 102/103minutes not the 100 it finished on..hence Poch,s reaction at the end:ermm:

Cucurella Sterling Gallagher Palmer all good...great save by Sanchez in that 1st half.

Actually glad there is an International Break (so long as no one gets injured),chance to regroup and hopefully have a few faces back for the away trip to Newcastle.

Yeah, Haarland is built like a brick <deleted>e house and Cucerella is a midget by comparison, yet he goes down like a tart on a Saturday night. He ought to be on a West End stage. What a game though! The only fault I would have with us, is that, when we piled forward on the attack, we had too many men upfield which left a bloody great gap for them to run into and attack our back four and Sanchez . Still, it's not too often that a team puts four past City. There's no doubt that, after this and the Spurs games, our confidence is sky high. Sterling is a completely different player from the one sauntering around last season.

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yeah, Haarland is built like a brick <deleted>e house and Cucerella is a midget by comparison, yet he goes down like a tart on a Saturday night. He ought to be on a West End stage. What a game though! The only fault I would have with us, is that, when we piled forward on the attack, we had too many men upfield which left a bloody great gap for them to run into and attack our back four and Sanchez . Still, it's not too often that a team puts four past City. There's no doubt that, after this and the Spurs games, our confidence is sky high. Sterling is a completely different player from the one sauntering around last season.

Sterling has got better by the week,maybe being snubbed by England has added that little bit more motivation to his game?

Don,t want to harp on about it (gonna though) Conor12 epl starts subbed only twice one repeat one yellow card...last season 18 starts 9 yellow cards..take a bow Conor.

Havertz Mount Pulisic Loftus Cheek Kante Kovacic (gone)....we are getting there.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Palmer and Gallagher have to step it up in the 2nd half.. Both have been way off it. James needs to grow up as well (also he looks a little slow to me).

We do have the players on the bench to win this and could well need them all.

Got what we deserved...nothing. We were not even 2nd best in every department...more like 3rd. Totally devoid of any pace or intensity ...unlike our opponent.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Got what we deserved...nothing. We were not even 2nd best in every department...more like 3rd. Totally devoid of any pace or intensity ...unlike our opponent.

Why your lads all wearing long sleeved vests under their strip ? is it too caad for them

up in the NE ..... I was a bit worried as Chelsea had improved and with all our injuries ,

but the lads wanted more....

regards Worgeordie

• 2 weeks later...

Paulsen was very picky, handing out cards like confetti, instead of letting the game flow. Conor's red changed the whole complexion of the game for us because, up to that point, we were comfortable and handled their attacks well. Looking at our back four before the game, I was concerned that Colwill and Disasi would be run ragged by their nippy wingers, but they handled them OK. Caceido was definitely up for this game, steaming into tackles which bordered on reckless but he got away with it. Mudryk showed in patches what an immense talent he is in attack but was also willing to track back and help defensively.

6 hours ago, oldgit said:

Paulsen was very picky, handing out cards like confetti, instead of letting the game flow. Conor's red changed the whole complexion of the game for us because, up to that point, we were comfortable and handled their attacks well. Looking at our back four before the game, I was concerned that Colwill and Disasi would be run ragged by their nippy wingers, but they handled them OK. Caceido was definitely up for this game, steaming into tackles which bordered on reckless but he got away with it. Mudryk showed in patches what an immense talent he is in attack but was also willing to track back and help defensively.

Referee,s are pretty crap nowadays,along with Var officials and compared to NFL and Rugby Union (Don,t know about rugby league?)they are light years behind...probably introduce another panel to oversee Var....idiots the lot of em.

As for the game...pheww it was a battle in the end for our 10 men but they hung in there and got the result which i think we deserved. Think Mudryk will be quite pleased with himself and rightly so,sharp and quick enough to win the pen ..hope he is fit for Wednesday.

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Referee,s are pretty crap nowadays,along with Var officials and compared to NFL and Rugby Union (Don,t know about rugby league?)they are light years behind...probably introduce another panel to oversee Var....idiots the lot of em.

As for the game...pheww it was a battle in the end for our 10 men but they hung in there and got the result which i think we deserved. Think Mudryk will be quite pleased with himself and rightly so,sharp and quick enough to win the pen ..hope he is fit for Wednesday.

I couldn't watch the last ten minutes Keith. Too much stress on the old ticker. Talking of old, I noticed that all the ' after timers' who love to be right when the game is finished, were out in force after the Newcastle game, letting it be known that they thought that Thiago was past it and should step aside. No sign of them and their 'wisdom' before the Spurs and City games and conspicuous by their absence after this game as well. I would be more impressed if these talking fish stuck to their guns and persisted in their beliefs, irrespective that he was flawless but they never do, because they can never be seen to be wrong.

That was awful and the countdown to Poch,s exit has begun,lose to Everton and his name will be in Pencil..ready to be rubbed out. Yes it was not him that continually passed the ball to the opposition or under/over hit a string of passes but the bucks stops with him. Had he of launched a water bottle or an Orange or a shoe at Disasi or Sanchez (main culprits) for continually giving the ball away then i would believe that there might be some spark or fire in his belly..but no as passive as ever after the game ...weak.

Training before the Everton game should be complimented with the use of a live hand-grenade on a piece of elastic...pass to the wrong person and comes back and blows your thuccking foot off.

Short term solution if Pochy is gone before Christmas....give the job to Emma Hayes...if they let her down she can go into there changing room after the game and say... "Is that all got"?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

That was awful and the countdown to Poch,s exit has begun,lose to Everton and his name will be in Pencil..ready to be rubbed out. Yes it was not him that continually passed the ball to the opposition or under/over hit a string of passes but the bucks stops with him. Had he of launched a water bottle or an Orange or a shoe at Disasi or Sanchez (main culprits) for continually giving the ball away then i would believe that there might be some spark or fire in his belly..but no as passive as ever after the game ...weak.

Training before the Everton game should be complimented with the use of a live hand-grenade on a piece of elastic...pass to the wrong person and comes back and blows your thuccking foot off.

Short term solution if Pochy is gone before Christmas....give the job to Emma Hayes...if they let her down she can go into there changing room after the game and say... "Is that all got"?

I only saw the second half but their second goal was a certainiy to arrive. Misplaced after misplaced pass out of defence and poor control by our forwards, gave them the impetus and confidence, I've had enough of Jackson, His first touch is poor and is as weak as a kitten holding the ball up. He's a forward that needs an airport runway to run into, but you only get that in the Premier League when you're up against 9 men, Broja's different class in my view.

5 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Spend the rest of the week passing the ball to each other. That's all Arsenal did for years in their Arsene's glory days.

21 hours ago, oldgit said:

Whoever plays tomorrow need to play without fear and show more guts and determination, than in our last two away games, because Everton will be alight because they've got a point to prove.

Yes Og guts and a fighting spirit the lack of those 2 attributes are what cost against both Newcastle and Man u...far to weak an easy push over. My glass has always been half full..ever the optimist blah blah blah...but i cant see us winning this one...of course i will be over the moon should we triumph ...but i am just not feeling it :sick:

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Yes Og guts and a fighting spirit the lack of those 2 attributes are what cost against both Newcastle and Man u...far to weak an easy push over. My glass has always been half full..ever the optimist blah blah blah...but i cant see us winning this one...of course i will be over the moon should we triumph ...but i am just not feeling it :sick:

I'm the same Keith, especially after they beat the Geordies convincingly. I'm hoping Poch. will play Broja from the start. We must nulify their wingers and stop the crosses into the box where we've been useless lately. 

2 minutes ago, BlueScouse said:

As an Everton supporter, I  hope they will win However past experience shows that after a win or two, expectations are smashed by reality and they lose then next game or two. I expect a draw at best.

A very typical outlook for us, we know not to get carried away, ever. But I actually fancy us to win today and keep things going.......but it depends on Ashley Young. My money is on him to get an early booking. I really hope he doesn't start as he tends to be a liability.

47 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

A very typical outlook for us, we know not to get carried away, ever. But I actually fancy us to win today and keep things going.......but it depends on Ashley Young. My money is on him to get an early booking. I really hope he doesn't start as he tends to be a liability.

I think Ashley Young is a much better f]player now he has stopped his diving.

Not so long back everyone thought he was the worst diver the English game had seen. I didn't agree. I thought Eduardo at Arsenal had him beat.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I think Ashley Young is a much better f]player now he has stopped his diving.

Not so long back everyone thought he was the worst diver the English game had seen. I didn't agree. I thought Eduardo at Arsenal had him beat.

But he's still a cheap shot artist and crybaby.:bah:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Patterson was so much better when he came on. Really not sure why Dyche persists with Young - he got done by Mudryk twice in the first five minutes - he's just too slow. I really like Patterson.

Great second half performance, great result. And super pleased for Dobbin. Onwards and sideways!!

The defenders that are on our books are all okay imho though because of regular injuries to Chilwell and James and Fofana ...best to sell all of them if possible. Thiago is literally on his last legs,reads the game really well but is too slow to move the ball out of defence,all of our defenders make the odd mistake but the problem does not lie there imho...it is what is in front of them...but that,s for another day as i am knackered.

Dominated the game and weaved pretty patterns in midfield but piss poor finishing was our undoing. We needed a lot more runs into their penalty area, dragging defenders around, but when you have players lacking confidence, the easy option is the way to go. Everton are, at the moment, confident, disciplined in defence but limited in attack.

• Thumbs Up 1