Taco Bell set for Thailand debut early next year

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

the 60-seat restaurant will feature an open kitchen and modern design benches,

Brought to you by the same Thai company (and super-rich Mahagatsiri family) that's now controls the U.S.-oriented Pizza Hut, IHOP, Krispy Kreme, Cinnabon, Jamba Juice franchises in Thailand.

Interesting that the upcoming Taco Bell venue here sounds more like a traditional restaurant than a typical U.S. fastfood outlet. And having beer on the menu is going to be an interesting plus, except of course if you want a beer in the forbidden afternoons.

2 hours ago, keemapoot said:

*BTW, that location is great for a food run, because it's opposite Central Chidlom,

I agree, and there's only Japanese food in that foodmall (and a BK) so it's great to have a Taco Bell on that spot.

MOS burger was also nice to have there but the Thai staff ruined it so i hope they get a good manager in Taco Bell who  keeps the standards up.

• Thanks 1

I'v been waiting for this for a while now! I always visit the one in Manila when I would get over there. 

Didn't take long for food snobs to enter I see. Yes its not gourmet but how many of these American fast food chains have failed here? Last one I remember was Wendy's which used to be on the corner of Patpong and Silom back in 1996.

• Like 1

Will they open a branch in Pattaya? My guess is they will, and probably before the end of the year. And that should add more debate to the hoary old topic of Mexican food in the resort -- a debate that pops up now and then on TV over which place serves the best. I expect the voluble Jingthing, who is never shy of an opinion, to lead the debate over Taco Ding-a-ling.

(For the record, I welcome the outlet, even though my senses of taste and smell have never fully recovered from an accident, simply because it will add variety.)

• Like 1

Taco Bell is not very good. Just a lot of crunch. OTOH, getting a Taco Bueno would be great. Best fast food burritos around. Also wonder what happened to the guy who opened up a corn dog shop in K-Village. He made the best corn dogs this side of the State Fair of Texas. Was a French guy, I think. But he disappeared. Would think Thais would take to corn dogs in a minute. But guess not.

1 hour ago, marinediscoking said:

I'v been waiting for this for a while now! I always visit the one in Manila when I would get over there. 

Didn't take long for food snobs to enter I see. Yes its not gourmet but how many of these American fast food chains have failed here? Last one I remember was Wendy's which used to be on the corner of Patpong and Silom back in 1996.

Best burgers around. I used to enjoy going there. But they vanished during the '97 Asian Crash, along with TGI Friday's,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DepDavid said:

Not really Mexican and hardly cuisine. 

This has been an issue in their past and the company has been very clear in their messaging -- they are NOT claiming that it is Mexican food and you're right, it isn't. 

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/a3d4xg/a-history-of-taco-bells-failed-attempts-to-open-locations-in-mexico-fastfoodweek2017

A History of Taco Bell’s Failed Attempts to Open Locations in Mexico

Even though I would never eat there if there was something better locally on offer I do have fond memories about the chain. In the place I grew up there wasn't any real Mexican so Taco Bell was the place where I had my first ersatz  taco. Also don't ask about what happened in the parking lot (much more memorable). 

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Another fast food joint for the high society to spunk their bent cash on. Sweeney's, KFC,maccys, BK, dunkin Donuts, etc keep adding all the fast food places and Thailand will be the obese capital of SEA.

I am hardly high-so. I am a fat, balding farang with type 2 diabetes. I will die with a smile when they arrive!!!