SURVEY: Build the Wall -- Yes or No?

Scott

SURVEY: Build the Wall -- Yes or No?  

437 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is beginning to sound like 'in order to save the village, first we had to destroy it.' In other words, in order to persuade people to get this wall built, first we have to close government down and in the process weaken border security more than any wall could strengthen it. 

Smart thinking, #45!!!!

My daughter and her husband (Brits) love Mexico and have holidayed there several times.

She is desperate for the wall to be built as the only thing that spoils her holidays are loud mouthed, arrogant, American tourists. Build that wall, keep the Yanks out!

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:13 AM, Baerboxer said:

Terrorists, most of which currently I would suggest are not prominently from Catholic South America, may well prefer sea and air routes. But the drug dealers, gang member, criminal element, who do come via land, and do commit robbery, rape and murder, as well as becoming involved in drugs, trafficking etc do come via land crossing. It is these elements that are the problem. In a similar way that the illegals trying to enter Europe and the UK are often young single men prepared to do anything. They obscure the real refugees and genuine asylum seekers as the numbers are swelled by the economic illegals.

The "wall" should be a metaphor for imposing much stricter tighter border controls. As the Mayor of McCallen says, it might be a wall, or fence, or whatever. But the objective must be to stop the large numbers illegally entering and those who prosper from it surely?

90% of drugs, coming into America, enter via legitimate crossing points. A similar figure for illegal aliens. Much better to spend the money on increased preventative measures at border posts. The wall is a white elephant, and a very expensive one at that.

• Thanks 1

I checked the stats also. Your figure is correct, but it includes those being held just for being there illegally in the first place. Also, the largest percentage of illegals in prisons are there for drug charges. BOP reports 46% of the entire prison population are there for drug offenses (includes citizens and non citizens). So by your reasoning if you really want to save money spent on incarcerations just legalize all drugs.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

Should the US build a wall around The American Dream?

Why do you ask?

I hope that he does stand fast till the Dems fund his wall, if only to see them with the proverbial on their faces, and the hysteria of the precious ones on U Tube.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I hope that he does stand fast till the Dems fund his wall, if only to see them with the proverbial on their faces, and the hysteria of the precious ones on U Tube.

Trump already has the proverbial on his face, which is why he's spitting feathers. Priceless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Trump already has the proverbial on his face, which is why he's spitting feathers. Priceless.

In your opinion.

IMO he's just doing what he promised to do in his election campaign.

He actually has the edge, as he can't make anyone dislike him more than they already do, so he can carry on regardless and his base will love him for it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

So there is even a majority percentage of people that would build the wall if agreed upon and do not consider it immoral. I am surprised with the foreign votes mixed in. 

Poor old you, fretting about ‘foreign votes mixed in’.

You really do need to find yourself a quiet safe place.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2019 at 10:43 AM, Ahab said:

In every single area along the US/Mexican border where a wall has been constructed crossings have been reduced. It might give the US a bad image (who gives a crap), but they do work, just as a lock on your front door works. Is a door lock 100%, no, but that does not mean you should not have one.

Dear Sheik of the Burning Sands, the numbers of border crossings have reduced dramatically--" Illegal border crossings have been declining for nearly two decades. In 2017, border-crossing apprehensions were at their lowest point since 1971. " https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/01/11/us/politics/trump-border-crisis-reality.html

In large part due to better management of the problem.

Walls have always been breached; it only takes the will to do so. Note the numbers of prison breaks, the numbers of secured houses/neighborhoods burgled, the numbers of breaks in the border walls in the past. 

The wall would cost between $20B and $70B depending upon whether you listen to the lies of the contards or the libtards. How much more would it cost each year to maintain and monitor the wall, maybe $250M more. For that kind of money, we can implement and staff some really good technology.

As you should know, we can identify when anyone approaches any part of our boarder and can affect means to stop them. I would suggest M134-equipped drones monitoring our border and blasting anyone attempting to cross it in other than a border-patrol monitored areas. Yeah, I know too wild-west for most.  

In more practical terms, over 1250 miles of the proposed wall is on the Rio Grande river. What Texas riverfront land owner would like a wall blocking his riverfront?

More simply put; the wall is just a poor idea.

• Like 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Poor old you, fretting about ‘foreign votes mixed in’.

You really do need to find yourself a quiet safe place.

Well being it is an issue that solely resides with the American people I don't see how I am wrong to point that out. But just so you know the majority inclusive of all votes including foreigners and Americans who harbor ill feelings towards their homeland have been counted and a wall is still in the majority is a telling sign.

It suggests to me there is a very vocal liberal minority that comments above average on every thread. They may want to take a pause and consider others less vocal are not in agreement.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, smotherb said:

Dear Sheik of the Burning Sands, the numbers of border crossings have reduced dramatically--" Illegal border crossings have been declining for nearly two decades. In 2017, border-crossing apprehensions were at their lowest point since 1971. " https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/01/11/us/politics/trump-border-crisis-reality.html

In large part due to better management of the problem.

Walls have always been breached; it only takes the will to do so. Note the numbers of prison breaks, the numbers of secured houses/neighborhoods burgled, the numbers of breaks in the border walls in the past. 

The wall would cost between $20B and $70B depending upon whether you listen to the lies of the contards or the libtards. How much more would it cost each year to maintain and monitor the wall, maybe $250M more. For that kind of money, we can implement and staff some really good technology.

As you should know, we can identify when anyone approaches any part of our boarder and can affect means to stop them. I would suggest M134-equipped drones monitoring our border and blasting anyone attempting to cross it in other than a border-patrol monitored areas. Yeah, I know too wild-west for most.  

In more practical terms, over 1250 miles of the proposed wall is on the Rio Grande river. What Texas riverfront land owner would like a wall blocking his riverfront?

More simply put; the wall is just a poor idea.

You miss the point, which is that Trump promised a wall, therefore he must build it or his base will abandon him. His base is all that Trump has as everyone else hates him, so he's going to do everything he can to satisfy his base. Whether it is a good idea or not is irrelevant. This is because politics these days is rubbish and all about promising stuff that gets votes instead of doing what is right, and is a problem in every western "democratic" country. However, that's not relevant to this thread. Perhaps someday we'll get a thread about how rubbish western politics is.

5 hours ago, JMSIII said:

I find it amazing you didn't answer any of the questions.  If you would/could have answered any of the questions in the second paragraph, then you would see one of the arguments.  If you can understand the damage that was done to our medical institutions in the fourth paragraph, you would see another argument.

It just goes to prove so many here talk so much "stuff" about what you know nothing about. I'm not willing to go into every little specific detail for this board.  In person, yes, I'm willing to go into the details.  

I have personally been involved with every single question that I asked in the second paragraph.  I have personally seen the damaging effect on our hospitals and clinics.  

Again, I will ask.  Have you had any personal experience with any of the questions I asked, or seen any major trauma hospitals, or clinics close?

Please stay on topic. This thread is about the man-child's folly of a wall, not overwhelmed trauma centers - there is no connection.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You miss the point, which is that Trump promised a wall, therefore he must build it or his base will abandon him. His base is all that Trump has as everyone else hates him, so he's going to do everything he can to satisfy his base. Whether it is a good idea or not is irrelevant. This is because politics these days is rubbish and all about promising stuff that gets votes instead of doing what is right, and is a problem in every western "democratic" country. However, that's not relevant to this thread. Perhaps someday we'll get a thread about how rubbish western politics is.

Or a topic about the New Green Deal. etc etc etc The dems are in trouble because in 2 or 6 years Trump is gone either way. Trump has decided to make a stand. Mexico won't pay for the wall but many Americans realize the dems supported it and are on video tape doing so. 

When Pelosi said it was immoral that's when she got trapped. Now she can not support it just as now Trump won't back down. Trump getup on stage and made a speech to the farmers in New Orleans today. His address was well received. He will not make an emergency. He stands right where he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Well being it is an issue that solely resides with the American people I don't see how I am wrong to point that out. But just so you know the majority inclusive of all votes including foreigners and Americans who harbor ill feelings towards their homeland have been counted and a wall is still in the majority is a telling sign.

It suggests to me there is a very vocal liberal minority that comments above average on every thread. They may want to take a pause and consider others less vocal are not in agreement.

You are wrong to point it out for two very good reasons:

1. You have zero evidence to back your assertion.

2.TVF welcomes members and their comments on any discussion regardless of their nationality.

As an aside, but by no means a minor matter.

Your assertion wrt Americans who harbor ill feelings towards their homeland’ is utterly scurrilous, a disgraceful echo of McCarthy’s accusations of ‘Un American Activities’ and an indication of just how weak your arguments are.

20 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

So there is even a majority percentage of people that would build the wall if agreed upon and do not consider it immoral. I am surprised with the foreign votes mixed in. 

It's those pesky Mexicans on TV that have swung the vote. They want the wall to keep Americans out.

48% voting for 1 of 4 options. No wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are wrong to point it out for two very good reasons:

1. You have zero evidence to back your assertion.

2.TVF welcomes members and their comments on any discussion regardless of their nationality.

As an aside, but by no means a minor matter.

Your assertion wrt Americans who harbor ill feelings towards their homeland’ is utterly scurrilous, a disgraceful echo of McCarthy’s accusations of ‘Un American Activities’ and an indication of just how weak your arguments are.

Nobody said that anybody is unwelcome to give their opinion. It is true many people that have relocated are indeed disgruntled. Anyway all that aside the poll results reveal that the majority support a wall. 

In fact according to a recent post many Americans want to relocate in record numbers and I wish them luck in that endeavor.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It's those pesky Mexicans on TV that have swung the vote. They want the wall to keep Americans out.

48% voting for 1 of 4 options. No wall.

3 of the options are in support of a wall under the right circumstances. 100 - 47.83 = 52.17 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Or a topic about the New Green Deal. etc etc etc The dems are in trouble because in 2 or 6 years Trump is gone either way. Trump has decided to make a stand. Mexico won't pay for the wall but many Americans realize the dems supported it and are on video tape doing so. 

When Pelosi said it was immoral that's when she got trapped. Now she can not support it just as now Trump won't back down. Trump getup on stage and made a speech to the farmers in New Orleans today. His address was well received. He will not make an emergency. He stands right where he is.

Trump got up on stage before a group of adoring fans and he was well received??

Who knew!!

8 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

3 of the options are in support of a wall under the right circumstances. 100 - 47.83 = 52.17 

That's just the primaries. Need a run off between option 1 and option 4. Need to debar all those dirty foreigners from voting too. I am a Brit and voted option 1. Could be a close contest.

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It isn't like this site leans red.

As this site is mostly used by older white males it should be very disheartening for you and other base Trump supporters that the poll wasn't overwhelmingly in favor of that folly of a wall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

That's just the primaries. Need a run off between option 1 and option 4. Need to debar all those dirty foreigners from voting too. I am a Brit and voted option 1. Could be a close contest.

It really doesn't matter I was just amused to see such results.

2 minutes ago, Becker said:

As this site is mostly used by older white males it should be very disheartening for you and other base Trump supporters that the poll wasn't overwhelmingly in favor of that folly of a wall.

So you don't think this site leans left in general?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Becker said:

Trump got up on stage before a group of adoring fans and he was well received??

Who knew!!

Another group of his fans soon to face reality

Many farmers have cheered Trump's efforts to roll back regulations, but they're not necessarily sharing in the fruits of the booming U.S. economy. Executive Vice President Dale Moore of the Farm Bureau says net farm income fell an estimated 12 percent last year and about 40 percent from its peak in 2013.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/14/685062303/trump-expected-to-get-warm-welcome-at-farm-bureau-convention