Help Me Im starving

Nyezhov

Nyezhov, that "starvation" diet is about as unhealthy as you can get.

Your dragonfruit is almost certainly heavily contaminated with chemicals residues from up to 17 other chemicals, according to a new fruit and veggies safety chart posted earlier today on this Forum.

Tinned tuna is notorious for pesticide residues and prone to pathological bacteria. And salad stuff here is anything but safe. but safe.

Apart from the likelihood of chemical contamination, a recent survey of Thai market produce in the South revealed lettuce and celery heavily infested with hookworms and other parasites.

Bon appetite!

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Nyezhov, that "starvation" diet is about as unhealthy as you can get.

Your dragonfruit is almost certainly heavily contaminated with chemicals residues from up to 17 other chemicals, according to a new fruit and veggies safety chart posted earlier today on this Forum.

Tinned tuna is notorious for pesticide residues and prone to pathological bacteria. And salad stuff here is anything but safe. but safe.

Apart from the likelihood of chemical contamination, a recent survey of Thai market produce in the South revealed lettuce and celery heavily infested with hookworms and other parasites.

Bon appetite!

Noone really pays any attention to your food doom and gloom. Your avatar is perfect

23 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Tapeworms are the best, if you can get hold of one. They digest all your food for you causing rapid weight loss, far better than Keto.

They make the best pets too. You can take them everywhere with you, restaurants, bars, you can even cross international borders with them and no paperwork required.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I was waiting for that. Doublespeak. Low to no carb on both. And even that article shows that the Keto and Paleo diets are not only difficult to maintain, but not as good as a well balanced diet.

Hey the Keto works for you, fabulous. You have seen the light. This mere sinner is going to stick to the classic. I cant wait to have a nice baked tater with Benecol when I get back to the USA. 

People that haven't tried it, especially nutritionists, say it is difficult to stick to. It isn't, especially when you see the benefits. They aren't the same.

Do some more googling, watch some Youtube videos, look at Tim Noakes on Youtube

And extremely unhealthy. The last thing someone recovering from a serious illness wants.
For every link you show it's unhealthy I show you the opposite

There are those who still think fat and eggs are deadly.. Still living in the 70 's

6 minutes ago, madmen said:

For every link you show it's unhealthy I show you the opposite

There are those who still think fat and eggs are deadly.. Still living in the 70 's

The egg thing has been debunked long ago. Besides I eat loads of eggs but my cholesterol is always good when it is checked.

31 minutes ago, cooked said:

People that haven't tried it, especially nutritionists, say it is difficult to stick to. It isn't, especially when you see the benefits. They aren't the same.

Do some more googling, watch some Youtube videos, look at Tim Noakes on Youtube

Sorry my friend Im glad it works for you, but you come off as too much of a "true believer". I think that Im better off with eating a balanced diet than joining a cult.

• Like 1

Once i had the diet , protein shakes, 400kcal/day, i thought i died. Just one month and lost 10 kg.

And had quite still exercise, as going on bike to work and work was physical. Not extra, i did already for many years.

Though if you get used to it after a week it is a bit easier. However drink a lot of water. You already should being in Thailand. 

After diet back again to normal and also back in weight after some months. 

I cant get it down really. Conclusion is, exercise a lot and eat what you want.

When my weight started to raise, i was 44 and 83 kg, it dint help , as i cut on deserts, sugar in coffee and soda's, but my weight still rising up to 102 now.(59) 

I had a very intensive working period for longer time, much moving, climbing, crawling, but hadnt any effect on loosing weight. I felt bad , that also didnt work for weight. SOmetimes it goes down a bit and then back again.

Not even exercising with my Thai woman for 2 months didnt work ????

Guess age also has something to do with it, a change in body? cal intake and exercise are however factors.

ANyway exercising is healthy for overall body.

They also say you can better eat all day, little portions spread over day. Models dont eat any more after 6 pm.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

I need a healthy satisfying snack!

Oatmal with some cinnamon sprinkled on, add some sliced apple or banana if you like

Red delicious apples

small amount of nuts (key is" small amount!)

raw carrot sticks - you can make healthy dips with plain yogurt and spices

• Like 1

Just now, Sheryl said:

Oatmal with some cinnamon sprinkled on, add some sliced apple or banana if you like

Red delicious apples

small amount of nuts (key is" small amount!)

raw carrot sticks - you can make healthy dips with plain yogurt and spices

Just pounded 30gs of Roasted almonds and now Im dipping some yummy falang in low fat Bulgaria (becasue I am low on protein today)..

I dont suppose I can go to Taco Bell tomorrow?

• Haha 1

Eat some boiled eggs with soy sauce for taste. 7-11 sells them, too. Big C has 500 grans of raw peanuts. They will fill you up nicely...

Rather than cardio, do resistance training as your muscles may be burning fat for the next day or two!

I got my cholesterol down by eating porridge oats for breakfast, salads. Cutting out all dairy, and using almond, soy, and oat milk. Adding oat bran and chia seeds to everything. I used to buy very thin sliced ham, and shred and add a few bits to salads to give it some flavour, I still had a thin slice of wholemeal or multigrain bread with my salads. Used olive oil instead of butter. Also ate lentils and quinoa as they are slower to digest, and seemed to keep the hunger pangs at bay.

HTH

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I got my cholesterol down by eating porridge oats for breakfast, salads. Cutting out all dairy, and using almond, soy, and oat milk. Adding oat bran and chia seeds to everything. I used to buy very thin sliced ham, and shred and add a few bits to salads to give it some flavour, I still had a thin slice of wholemeal or multigrain bread with my salads. Used olive oil instead of butter. Also ate lentils and quinoa as they are slower to digest, and seemed to keep the hunger pangs at bay.

HTH

Sounds great....but how boring. I shall try !

1 hour ago, onlycw said:

Eat some boiled eggs with soy sauce for taste. 7-11 sells them, too. Big C has 500 grans of raw peanuts. They will fill you up nicely...

Rather than cardio, do resistance training as your muscles may be burning fat for the next day or two!

41 minutes ago, phetphet said:

HTH

Sounds great....but how boring. I shall try !

As for the peanuts, roast them slightly, in the blender with a dash of olive or rice bran oil and salt..........peanut butter, cheap & cheerful.

Edited by wgdanson

Just pounded 30gs of Roasted almonds and now Im dipping some yummy falang in low fat Bulgaria (becasue I am low on protein today)..

I dont suppose I can go to Taco Bell tomorrow?

Continual pounding away is sure to make you lose weight, though your arm might ache a bit. Enjoy.

• Haha 1

The only solution is to change your old habits, when your brain tells you it's time for another feast , you need to stop thinking about food and , only drink water and do some exercise.  

I can recommend Dr Mosley fasting program, eat less than 500 calories once or twice per week . The other days you just eat normal food within your BMI (body mass index) , around 2500 calories for males.  I have been on the 6:1 program for around 10 months now. 

"The 5:2 diet: aka The Fast Diet, the best known of the fasting methods made famous by Dr Michael Mosley. The 1:1 diet: aka Alternate Day Fasting.

The 6:1 diet: Made famous by Coldplay's Chris Martin, this diet involves completely fasting for one day and eating as normal for the rest of the week."

4 hours ago, balo said:

The only solution is to change your old habits, when your brain tells you it's time for another feast , you need to stop thinking about food and , only drink water and do some exercise.  

I can recommend Dr Mosley fasting program, eat less than 500 calories once or twice per week . The other days you just eat normal food within your BMI (body mass index) , around 2500 calories for males.  I have been on the 6:1 program for around 10 months now. 

"The 5:2 diet: aka The Fast Diet, the best known of the fasting methods made famous by Dr Michael Mosley. The 1:1 diet: aka Alternate Day Fasting.

The 6:1 diet: Made famous by Coldplay's Chris Martin, this diet involves completely fasting for one day and eating as normal for the rest of the week."

I have always been a faster...either a breakfast or a lunch skipper. Like right now, I just slurped my Java, and dont feel like eating. So Im not going to. I last ate at about 8pm, so Im 12 hours without food and Im just sipping water. I have to go out at like 11  (hopefully the pollution is down) so maybe I will look for a Moo Ping and some fruit ????

With the walking Im going to do today, I bet I dont hit intake of 1500. Especially because I am going to have sushi/sashimi for lunch! 9 hits of Sake, Maguro and Saba, minimal shoyu, lots of wasabi, no green tea, and some eddomame! And If I walk enough I might do it twice.

I cant say that the weight is peeling off of me, when I look in the mirror I see the same fat, repulsive troll I was before. But somehow, I feel better. Its hard to describe, I just feel lighter and less achy and more mobile. Anyone know what I am talking about? Is it the end of the sugar detoxing? I looked at my receipts and for the two weeks prior to the Great Clog, I had consumed, at home only, at least 30 cans of Schweppes Manao/Coke and 5 cartons of Tipco. Plus ice cream every day, pastries every day....

So is it like 25 grams of sugar in a soft drink? So I was pumping 50gs of sugar minimimally in my blood at home. Figure another 2 soft drinks out, another 50. A pie or two...another 50? A few ice creams...another 50? Not counting the sugar in bread and processed food. 200 grams of sugar a day, plus my coffee and smoothies? Holy sh*t!

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I have always been a faster...either a breakfast or a lunch skipper. Like right now, I just slurped my Java, and dont feel like eating. So Im not going to. I last ate at about 8pm, so Im 12 hours without food and Im just sipping water. I have to go out at like 11  (hopefully the pollution is down) so maybe I will look for a Moo Ping and some fruit ????

With the walking Im going to do today, I bet I dont hit intake of 1500. Especially because I am going to have sushi/sashimi for lunch! 9 hits of Sake, Maguro and Saba, minimal shoyu, lots of wasabi, no green tea, and some eddomame! And If I walk enough I might do it twice.

I cant say that the weight is peeling off of me, when I look in the mirror I see the same fat, repulsive troll I was before. But somehow, I feel better. Its hard to describe, I just feel lighter and less achy and more mobile. Anyone know what I am talking about? Is it the end of the sugar detoxing? I looked at my receipts and for the two weeks prior to the Great Clog, I had consumed, at home only, at least 30 cans of Schweppes Manao/Coke and 5 cartons of Tipco. Plus ice cream every day, pastries every day....

So is it like 25 grams of sugar in a soft drink? So I was pumping 50gs of sugar minimimally in my blood at home. Figure another 2 soft drinks out, another 50. A pie or two...another 50? A few ice creams...another 50? Not counting the sugar in bread and processed food. 200 grams of sugar a day, plus my coffee and smoothies? Holy sh*t!

Weight starts to drop off from head down. Stomach and love handles is the last place. Keep in mind prior to far shedding , water goes first.

fact that you feel better and lighter is an indication of weight loss, just not visible enough yet.

some people drop a little fat by day, some drop large digits and then slow down. 

I went from 120 kg down to 99 kg within 3 weeks and then 3 months to loose 3kg.

just stick with it and it will be noticeable soon also 

• Like 2

It's simple really; exercise more and eat less. I eat anything I want; I just do not eat late and do not have a second helping,  I usually eat a late breakfast or early lunch, and an early dinner. I walk the mile or so to the pub and/or market and dance as much as I can.

Regular Coke is 10.6 gms per 100 mls so four cans a day 132 gms or 33 teaspoons of sugar...

Juice, Malee no added sugar, 100 mls is typically 11.5 gms so worse than Coke. If you drank your Tipco x 5 over two weeks you're looking at another 40 gms of sugar every day... and there are other juices with even higher levels. Coconut water has about half the sugar. If you like juice then water it down (I used to drink a liter of Malee guava in one hit...). Try 50-50 and eventually you will be able to do 10-90 like I do now with breakfast, just a taste.

Ice-cream, a Walls Top Ten or vanilla cup from 7-Eleven, add another 10 gms per serve. A fancy ice-cream with toppings from a mall will be higher.

That's 200 grams of sugar a day before your coffee, and if you buy one of those hazelnut caramel soy latte mucho grande drinks with extra vanilla... there's another 30-70 grams right there. Some of the big coffee chains like Costa, Hollys, on their websites show you the sugar content of their food and drink and it can be very high. Smoothies can also be higher in sugar than Coke... you do the math but wouldn't surprise me if you were consuming 300 grams plus on some days, more if you drank alcohol...

When I stopped drinking Coke after many years, I woke up with headaches for a few weeks after. Took a long time to lose that craving for an icy cold Coke at the end of a long hot day, but not anymore. You need to rediscover your love of plain water.

Stick to the low calorie regime you've been put on, keep active and you should see the weight come off. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Spidey said:

Tapeworms are the best, if you can get hold of one. They digest all your food for you causing rapid weight loss, far better than Keto.

They make the best pets too. You can take them everywhere with you, restaurants, bars, you can even cross international borders with them and no paperwork required.

Hubby brought tapeworms back with him from Africa when we were dating and in grad school in Oklahoma.  He lost about 10 kg in a month and the intestinal cramps were the worst.  He brought stool samples into the student health medical clinic at the university a couple times and they insisted they couldn't find anything.  Finally, he was able to capture one of his pets in the toilet and the docs were still baffled.  They had to send the creature to some tropical medicine place in Texas for an I.D. before deciding how to treat the problem.  Heck of a way to lose weight -- not!