Yingluck claims she has washed hands off politics

webfact

2.png

Fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra claimed she has washed her hands off politics because she has suffered enough from her political role in the past.

In her Twitter post today, she denied a report in the Thai newspapers that she had nominated a former minister to become Pheu Thai party’s candidate for prime minister, saying that the nomination process is an internal affairs of the party.

Ms Yingluck said that for the time being she has had a lot of work and responsibilities to take care of. And on top of that, she said, she suffered enough from her past political experiences.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-pm-yingluck-denies-her-involvement-in-pheu-thais-internal-politics-as-she-has-pained-enough-from-past-politics/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-01-21

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She always had that rabbit caught in the headlights expression, her rice scheme was destined for disaster and she didn't bat an eyelid, she surrounded herself with her brother's sketchy yes men, and was a joke PM. And yet she was so much better in every respect that the guys that couped her. Is it wrong to be missing her?

7 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

She always had that rabbit caught in the headlights expression, her rice scheme was destined for disaster and she didn't bat an eyelid, she surrounded herself with her brother's sketchy yes men, and was a joke PM. And yet she was so much better in every respect that the guys that couped her. Is it wrong to be missing her?

Yes, that's twisted.

She does not need politics anymore. She and her corrupt cronies fleeced the country.

The fleeced many small rice farmers dry. Those small land holdings are now owned by large land owners

who bought up their farms after the rice scheme collapsed. Small land holders had borrowed from banks and money racketeers

based on Yinlucks promises. She is a toad of a woman and I hope she is never allowed back into the country.

Because that is what this headline is all about. Waiting out the statute of limitations like Mr Red Bullshite

1 hour ago, leeneeds said:

The stain of corruption you can not wash off,

Hmmm. Maybe, but there is a lot of doubt that she personally was corrupt. Sadly (for Thailand) there is no such doubt in respect of the current hierarchy. ALL the current hierarchy. In general,

if a band of robbers HAS TO take power at the point of a gun, they have no legitimate claim to that power, and that applies to every coup and every coup-maker. One day, the Thai people will say "enough"; whether or not that time is this time? Who's to say? Maybe.

Personally I have a lot of doubt about the Thai inclination/ability to manage their country properly. In my view, the Yingluck government represented the only opportunity for a long long time to manage it well, and rid itself of the baleful influence of people whose self-assessment of their value seems out of step with what most believe their true value to be - look how that turned out...

7 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

good , she is capable of learning; she never had anything positive to contribute anyway

I think you've been listening too much to people who believed they were more entitled than the people's choice. Generally a mistake of judgement.

1 hour ago, HalfLight said:

Hmmm. Maybe, but there is a lot of doubt that she personally was corrupt. Sadly (for Thailand) there is no such doubt in respect of the current hierarchy. ALL the current hierarchy. In general,

if a band of robbers HAS TO take power at the point of a gun, they have no legitimate claim to that power, and that applies to every coup and every coup-maker. One day, the Thai people will say "enough"; whether or not that time is this time? Who's to say? Maybe.

Personally I have a lot of doubt about the Thai inclination/ability to manage their country properly. In my view, the Yingluck government represented the only opportunity for a long long time to manage it well, and rid itself of the baleful influence of people whose self-assessment of their value seems out of step with what most believe their true value to be - look how that turned out...

Yes doubt she was personally corrupt but it looks more and more her family was in knee deep.

Before Boonsong one of the guys who got convicted refused to talk who gave the order for him to sign the fake G2G deals. We only knew that a company close to Thaksin himself had benefited.  Now he is talking and suddenly Thaksins other sister is on the run. 1 + 1 = 2. So it looks a lot like her family benefited from it. Then its hard to believe she did not know and covered it up. She did an half hearten investigation that did not turn up a thing. Later the fake G2G deals with over 33 billion of damages turned up. 

Just shows they are crooks even the ones you don't expect it from. Unless new clean politicians rise this will go on for ever. As for having doubts the Thais managing their country one has only to look at the UK and US to see its not the only country with problems (so much for white superiority feelings)

I truly hope the Thais can figure it out.

1 hour ago, HalfLight said:

"In my view, the Yingluck government represented the only opportunity for a long long time to manage it well..."

Silliest comment this year ... because ultimately she was charged with serious mismanagement / serious dereliction of duty... and was convicted ... and sentenced to 5 years in jail.

2 hours ago, tropo said:

Yes, that's twisted.

Not that twisted, I don't like her i think she is corrupt like the rest of them but at least she was easier on the eyes and looked more sincere. When i see the generals who are so bad at handling the press its easy to prefer her.

I dont care much anymore who will be in charge as they will almost all be the same. Corrupt (often blatantly) lying a lot, and never admitting they were wrong. So whoever is in power im sure he or she will do a fine job diverting the treasury to the private bank account of the other politicians or junta members who are like minded. 

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

No.  The best leaders, at times, do nothing at all.  She could have gone in history as a great Thai leader by doing nothing, instead of doing what she did.  Let the country run itself.  It does not need the molestation it receives from the current government.  

2 hours ago, webfact said:

That's very commendable, sis. However, washing your hands alone won't do squat, I'm afraid. You also have to get it out of your head - and to achieve that you must finally stop listening to big bro and live your own life.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

"In my view, the Yingluck government represented the only opportunity for a long long time to manage it well..."

Silliest comment this year ... because ultimately she was charged with serious mismanagement / serious dereliction of duty... and was convicted ... and sentenced to 5 years in jail.

Being convicted and sentenced by your political opponents backed by army tanks doesn't count for much in my book.

....she....and he....should suffer the court system with their presence...???

....and the Thai people.....with certain billions in question....???

...poor thing....???

...jeez....

....straight face...straight talk.....not in their vocabulary...???

...just asking...

I wonder whether she is giving up politics for good, never having anything to do with it ever again, or whether she has looked at the current situation, with a junta positioned to retain power through a questionable (?) election process, and a follow up junta/authoritarian regime manoeuvring to assume power, and has decided to stay out of things for the time being? Pheu Thai could be described as doing much the same

She is (in political terms) fairly young, and remains the person (along with Pheu Thai) most likely to win a free election. That shows little sign of changing. 

Archived