13,300 flights loaded with tourists inbound to Bangkok for CNY

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said:

you will see all the BKK malls bursting with china's clutching hi so name brand bags.......Yeah, COPIES !!!

you are saying the Chinese come to Thailand to buy cheap brand bags cheaply made in China, that's what I call smart buyers 555

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

you are saying the Chinese come to Thailand to buy cheap brand bags cheaply made in China, that's what I call smart buyers 555

Big C opposite Central World is always crowded with these quality tourists; good for them... ????

And in regards to Chinese products; yes, the lowest-quality products are kept and sold in-country, so for the Chinese to buy their own products with a slightly higher quality (?) in Thailand might be a good idea.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

11 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Why do they have to do it here?

Buying more milk powder; that's their favorite 'souvenir' from overseas trips. You can buy inexpensive fresh milk from NZ, AUS, UK, Italy, Germany... in China, and milk powder... But the Chinese are obsessed with milk powder from overseas, and still worried to poison their kids with their local products.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

7 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Buying more milk powder; that's their favorite 'souvenir' from overseas trips. You can buy inexpensive fresh milk from NZ, AUS, UK, Italy, Germany... in China, and milk powder... But the Chinese are obsessed with milk powder from overseas, and still worried to poison their kids with their local products.

Would be better for them to stop having f****ng kids !

However hard you count arrivals and departures, incl. domestic etc.

Please remember the thread title:

13,300 flights loaded with tourists inbound to Bangkok for CNY

So now back to the calc and find another *2 factor.

But I must admit that the amount of flight arrivals at DMK (just checked Jan 30) surprised me. 418 arrivals incl. domestic and only a slight cool down after midnight.

Edited by KhunBENQ

27 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

However hard you count arrivals and departures, incl. domestic etc.

Please remember the thread title:

So now back to the calc and find another *2 factor.

But I must admit that the amount of flight arrivals at DMK (just checked Jan 30) surprised me. 418 arrivals incl. domestic and only a slight cool down after midnight.

'Including domestic' 

So 90 tourists arrive in Chiang Mai. A few days later those 90 fly domestic to BKK ( 180 tourists ) 4 days later they fly to Phucket ( 270 tourists ) 4 days later they fly back to CM 

( 360 tourists ) and fly home.

I'm doing something wrong here I think.

Help. My head hurts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, madmen said:

Spoken like a true country bumkin red neck.

If you can drag your butt away from watching rice grow you will see all the BKK malls bursting with china's clutching hi so name brand bags. They are everywhere and spending.

Now back to staring at the ceiling lizards for you emoji16.png

Are you this polite when you get angry?  

• Haha 2

Are you this polite when you get angry?  
Well I don't speak with fork tongue.

Look further up and you will see my first reply was from a red neck farmer.

Bangkok is a 6 day journey on his tractor so you think he is qualified to comment on the Chinese situation there?

Do you always engage mouth without thinking?

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Up to 325,000 Chinese travelers are projected to visit the kingdom to celeb

Edited by KKr
someone else already made same observation

6 hours ago, wgdanson said:

And as I said earlier, 13300 flights with 325000 pax = 24 pax per flight.

If as you say 1900 flights arrived and departed in 24 hours at 2 airports. 1900/2 (in-out) /2 airports/24 hours = 20 flights per hour = One evry THREE MINUTES 24 hours per day at both airports. It ain't possible. And that's doing the MATHS in my head.

Many flights are multi-carrier and can carry as many as six different flight numbers.

Heathrow can land 3 planes a minute on a single runway. have you ever seen the stacking at Suvarnabhumi?

It's quite feasible.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Many flights are multi-carrier and can carry as many as six different flight numbers.

Heathrow can land 3 planes a minute on a single runway. have you ever seen the stacking at Suvarnabhumi?

It's quite feasible.

It does not matter what the flight numbers are, a plane is a plane.

Air traffic control demands a horizontal separation of 9km. 3 planes a minute? It takes longer than 20 seconds to get a landed plane off the runway.

At Heathrow they are only allowed to take off and land no more than one every 45 seconds if demand is very high.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1

It does not matter what the flight numbers are, a plane is a plane.

Air traffic control demands a horizontal separation of 9km. 3 planes a minute? It takes longer than 20 seconds to get a landed plane off the runway.
At Heathrow they are only allowed to take off and land no more than one every 45 seconds if demand is very high.
Your talking horizontal separation OUTSIDE of controlled air space being visual control by the pilot

ATC can slot them in as fast as they need to. You need to listen to air traffic control at JFK international. It's mind blowing... Just Google ATC LIVE
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, a977 said:

So it's going to take 7 days to get so many hundreds of thousand's of people to Thailand for an event that lasts 2 that's two days. Looks like Kasikorn bank has been reading too much TAT B.S.

China Chinese New Year normally start a few days before main event since most people travel homewards to their hometowns. It ended around 15 days from the first day of the CNY. So that is 15-20 days of holidays. Factories in China had to deal with absentees after the CNY , an annual problem. About 10-15 % of the workers never return to work due to offers from other places. 

Even in Malaysia where I am from, our company closed from 30th Jan until 12th feb. 2 weeks holidays. This is the unofficial holiday period though officially, it is only 2 days. 

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Why do they have to do it here?

Because Thailand is one of those countries that do not celebrate CNY in a big way meaning the tourist attrations, restaurants are all open. Countries like Taiwan, Hong Kong , Singapore and even Malaysia, you would be hard pressed to find restaurants open during that period. Even if restaurants are open, the Chinese executive chef would be on leave leaving the second tier quality chefs in place. 

18 hours ago, madmen said:

Spoken like a true country bumkin red neck.

If you can drag your butt away from watching rice grow you will see all the BKK malls bursting with china's clutching hi so name brand bags. They are everywhere and spending.

Now back to staring at the ceiling lizards for you emoji16.png

I love good quality hiso brand name bags for 1500 baht , luckily in China the very same copies cost only half ????, unless of course you insinuating that Chinese fly to Thailand to pay 100-200% more than back home for the very same genuine ones

On 2/1/2019 at 6:26 PM, snoop1130 said:

raising hope among officials that a rebound in mainland arrivals is underway.

Sad ???? state-  better to give random free buffets to Chinese tourists 

Edited by Redline