Swedish tourist tries to kill himself on the day his visa ran out

webfact

5 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Omen of things to come as visas run out of time?  Let's hope not!

No. I offer that he was just another mentally ill foreigner who picked Thailand because of its easy visa requirements. If it wasn't a visa, it would have been one of the other usual reasons the news threads are full of, like his state benefits money not clearing, or his "companion" left him for another customer etc.  The man is mentally ill all by himself. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, puukao said:

most people will troll this guy and his family (indirectly) because they are afraid it might be them next.

if super lonely, people look at ways to be mean.  

nobody here will give to this guy's fund.

this is why it's so dangerous to leave your own country.  no friends, zero.  then people laugh at you when you break down.  

I never visited Sweden but I guess it's not so bad that I would prefer death compared to going there.

Lots of people (Thais, farangs, and more) are willing to help others. But running in front of cars in the middle of the night is not the best way to ask for help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With all of their renowned cradle to grave social security, the land of milk and honey which is Sweden has one of the highest suicide rates in Europe (but not the highest). 

Britain (and Italy's) rate, for example, is far lower. 

How does one interpret that?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1