Prayut voices concern over taking part in Phalang Pracharat rallies

snoop1130

Prayut voices concern over taking part in Phalang Pracharat rallies

By The Nation

b89c9a50f675a2a482b7097b96e36b67.jpeg

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday expressed concern over participating in the Phalang Pracharat Party’s election campaigning, saying that it risked him being targeted by his opponents.

In response to the party’s plan to have Prayut, its candidate for PM in the upcoming general election, take the stage in its rallies, the premier said he needed to consult his legal team about what he could or could not do.

“I have to be more careful. I know that many people plan to sue me or target me [for supposedly violating certain laws.] So, please feel for me and don’t be too hard on me,” he told the media during a press conference after the weekly Cabinet meeting.

Phalang Pracharat will hold a major rally in Nakhon Ratchasima this Sunday, and asked Prayut to take part as the province is his hometown.

The Election Commission earlier ruled that the premier could participate in such events despite his current status in the government.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30365234

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-05

54 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday expressed concern over participating in the Phalang Pracharat Party’s election campaigning, saying that it risked him being targeted by his opponents.

They don't like up 'em Captain Mainwairing!

Edited by bluesofa
grammar
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

So, please feel for me and don’t be too hard on me

The level of hypocrisy and delusion is astounding.

From general, to coup maker, to self-imposed junta leader, and now he's asking for people not to be too hard on him. How on earth do you get to the top without being able to handle any adversity? I know, I know.

"I want all the perks of being the boss but none of the downsides". Diddums!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

The level of hypocrisy and delusion is astounding.

From general, to coup maker, to self-imposed junta leader, and now he's asking for people not to be too hard on him. How on earth do you get to the top without being able to handle any adversity? I know, I know.

"I want all the perks of being the boss but none of the downsides". Diddums!

I thought his secret weapon was the threat of a punch in the face.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

I know that many people plan to sue me or target me [for supposedly violating certain laws.] 

Paranoia often goes hand in hand with Megalomania .. 

• Like 2

Wary Prayut to avoid Phalang Pracharat stage

By THE NATION

36b5c1e71a06930cb6452c8b238c1a93.jpeg

File photo: General Prayut Chan-o-cha

PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday expressed concern over participating in the Phalang Pracharat Party’s election campaign, saying it exposed him to the risk of being targeted by his opponents.

In response to the party’s plan to have Prayut, its candidate for PM in the upcoming general election, take the stage at its rallies, the premier said he needed to consult his legal team about what he could or could not do.

“I have to be more careful. I know that many people plan to sue me or target me [for supposedly violating certain laws.] So, please feel for me and don’t be too hard on me,” he told the media during a press conference after the weekly Cabinet meeting.

There could be a way for him to meet the public without violating the laws, he added. 

A source from Phalang Pracharat Party said that it was likely Prayut would choose to not appear on any stage of the party. Prayut’s visits to constituencies in order to meet voters will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Having the premier appear on-stage at party election events could result in attacks by other parties and affect Phalang Pracharat’s popularity in the lead-up to voting day, the concerned source said after a party meeting of key figures yesterday. 

“So, we think he should not take the stage. He actually has [his own] channels to communicate with voters,” said the source. Phalang Pracharat is planning a rally this Sunday in Nakhon Ratchasima province and is expecting a large crowd.

The party had asked Prayut to appear on the stage alongside local constituency candidates, as the province is Prayut’s birthplace.

The Election Commission [EC] earlier ruled that the premier can participate in the election campaign due to his affiliation with the party, despite his multiple and continuing roles in government and criticisms that state resources could be misused.

Meanwhile, an activist group led by Anurak Jentawanit aka “Ford Red Path”, a red-shirt supporter, yesterday submitted a letter to the EC requesting the agency investigate and remove Prayut from the PM’s candidate lists on the grounds that he is disqualified because of his status as a state official. 

The group also asked the EC to dissolve Ruam Palang Prachachat Thai Party (Action Coalition for Thailand Party) of Suthep Thaugsuban and the People’s Reform Party of Paiboon Nititawan. 

The group said that both Suthep and Paiboon were prosecuted by the Office of the Attorney-General on treason and terrorism charges over their involvement in 2013-14 political protests. The acts were hostile to the democratic system with the King as the head of state, the group said. 

Regarding the selection process for the new 250 senators, Prayut, speaking as head of the National Council of Peace and Order (NCPO), insisted they would come from different sectors. “I will be the last person who decides [who will be chosen as senators].

Don’t worry. I will not take sides. I want the country peaceful and stable and with no conflicts,” he said. 

Of the 250 senators, the junta body will pick 194 senators from 400 names nominated by a selection committee chaired by Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan. 

Another six senators will come from chiefs of the Armed Forces based on their positions. Another 50 senators, will again be chosen by the NCPO from 200 senators elected under a process overseen by the EC. The new senators will play an |important role in electing the next prime minister.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30365253

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-06

Phalang Pracharat cancels plan for Prayut to take the stage in election campaign

By The Nation

6d6cafcbb5c234bb978854690579bfcd.jpeg

The Phalang Pracharat Party has called off its plan to have Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha take the stage in its nationwide election campaign, a party source said yesterday.

“After we discussed the pros and cons, we came to the conclusion that it might not be worth it. So we [the party leadership] will stick to presenting our policies to voters,” the source said.

The source added that they would, however, use General Prayut to help campaign in Bangkok instead, but in an informal way to avoid violating any laws.

The party had earlier planned to have Prayut, its candidate for prime minister in the upcoming general election, to participate in its campaign nationwide and take the stage in four main regions, starting this Sunday in Nakhon Ratchasima as the province is his birthplace.

However, Prayut yesterday expressed concern over participating in his affiliate party’s election campaign, saying that it exposed him to the risk of being targeted by his opponents.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30365260

thenation_logo.jpg

It matters not. Both entities are mud in the eyes of many. 

This is just another own goal fuelled by incompetence and downright cowardice. They will fare horribly in the election

• Like 2

Basically, “people might boo me”. 

I have a couple of Thai friends who said they’d be voting for the pro-military party. Why? All three said something similar about Thais not being strong or smart and needing a strong leader to direct them.

Right......

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JAG said:

The electoral arithmetic, explained earlier, tells us that that he will need 375 seats to become Prime Minister. 250 of them are senators, they're in the bag. Then he will need 125 MPs. Whilst Phalang Pratcherat and it's allies may or may not achieve that, there is 60 days for: verification, authentication, recounts, petitions to the EC, disqualification for many reasons and so forth. I imagine that he already knows that he will achieve that magic figure of 375. Why should he bother with going to rallies?

But it's no use being PM of a minority government. If Pheua Thai win the most seats as expected all they have to do is persuade the fence sitters to join and they have a majority government. I doubt Future Forward will win any constituencies but they could get some Party List MPs, plus there is Pheua Chart and if Thai Raksa Chart is dissolved, their votes will go to FF- no PT candidates running in Thai Raksa Chart constituencies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAG said:

The electoral arithmetic, explained earlier, tells us that that he will need 375 seats to become Prime Minister. 250 of them are senators, they're in the bag. Then he will need 125 MPs. Whilst Phalang Pratcherat and it's allies may or may not achieve that, there is 60 days for: verification, authentication, recounts, petitions to the EC, disqualification for many reasons and so forth. I imagine that he already knows that he will achieve that magic figure of 375. Why should he bother with going to rallies?

Once again, the Dem, BJT and possibly CTP will play the king makers. Like you, I doubt PPRP and ACT will win 125 seats; probably half in the region of 50-60 'safe' seats. The question is really whether Ahbisit will turn his back again on the people and whether he will accept a ministerial position which is a heavy loss of face. Anutin will likely join as his company and province will be rewarded handsomely from projects. CTP with the the younger Silipa-archa at the helm may be too weak to follow his own path and likely to fold and join the military coalition. I don't think the EC's antics post election will have much effect. There will be by-elections if MPs are to be disqualified and the party will probably win again with another candidate. As for Prayut, he is safe as PPRP has decided not to include him at rallies so as not to violate any laws. On that note, I proceeded to the toilet and throw out. ???? 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Phalang Pracharat Party has called off its plan to have Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha take the stage in its nationwide election campaign, a party source said yesterday.

Can you imagine Pep Guardiola, after spending £100 m+ on another new, star signing for Man C, having to roll over when the player's agent says his client can't play any away games because the opposing team's defenders may kick the bejezus out of him?

"it exposed him to the risk of being targeted by his opponents."

Isn't that tough, thought that was what a public appearances and fielding questions leading up to an election was all about - for all, except for supreme untouchable wusses.  

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Wary Prayut to avoid Phalang Pracharat stage

By THE NATION

36b5c1e71a06930cb6452c8b238c1a93.jpeg

File photo: General Prayut Chan-o-cha

PRIME MINISTER General Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday expressed concern over participating in the Phalang Pracharat Party’s election campaign, saying it exposed him to the risk of being targeted by his opponents.

In response to the party’s plan to have Prayut, its candidate for PM in the upcoming general election, take the stage at its rallies, the premier said he needed to consult his legal team about what he could or could not do.

There could be a way for him to meet the public without violating the laws, he added. 

A source from Phalang Pracharat Party said that it was likely Prayut would choose to not appear on any stage of the party. Prayut’s visits to constituencies in order to meet voters will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Having the premier appear on-stage at party election events could result in attacks by other parties and affect Phalang Pracharat’s popularity in the lead-up to voting day, the concerned source said after a party meeting of key figures yesterday. 

“So, we think he should not take the stage. He actually has [his own] channels to communicate with voters,” said the source. Phalang Pracharat is planning a rally this Sunday in Nakhon Ratchasima province and is expecting a large crowd.

The party had asked Prayut to appear on the stage alongside local constituency candidates, as the province is Prayut’s birthplace.

The Election Commission [EC] earlier ruled that the premier can participate in the election campaign due to his affiliation with the party, despite his multiple and continuing roles in government and criticisms that state resources could be misused.

Meanwhile, an activist group led by Anurak Jentawanit aka “Ford Red Path”, a red-shirt supporter, yesterday submitted a letter to the EC requesting the agency investigate and remove Prayut from the PM’s candidate lists on the grounds that he is disqualified because of his status as a state official. 

The group also asked the EC to dissolve Ruam Palang Prachachat Thai Party (Action Coalition for Thailand Party) of Suthep Thaugsuban and the People’s Reform Party of Paiboon Nititawan. 

The group said that both Suthep and Paiboon were prosecuted by the Office of the Attorney-General on treason and terrorism charges over their involvement in 2013-14 political protests. The acts were hostile to the democratic system with the King as the head of state, the group said. 

Regarding the selection process for the new 250 senators, Prayut, speaking as head of the National Council of Peace and Order (NCPO), insisted they would come from different sectors. “I will be the last person who decides [who will be chosen as senators].

Don’t worry. I will not take sides. I want the country peaceful and stable and with no conflicts,” he said. 

Of the 250 senators, the junta body will pick 194 senators from 400 names nominated by a selection committee chaired by Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan. 

Another six senators will come from chiefs of the Armed Forces based on their positions. Another 50 senators, will again be chosen by the NCPO from 200 senators elected under a process overseen by the EC. The new senators will play an |important role in electing the next prime minister.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30365253

thenation_logo.jpg

Dear friend. You are not royal. You are now in a position where people are allowed to criticize you.